Type of Music

portlandflyer

Just sitting here on a cold, no wind, dreary day, and thought I'd ask - What do you listen to while you're flying?? confused_1.gifJazz, blues, rock (new or old), soundtracks, a mixture!!! Your thoughts???:)

Sorry - did not see this subject on another thread!! Mostly asking about free - flying, not comp!!

Just sitting here on a cold, no wind, dreary day, and thought I'd ask - What do you listen to while you're flying?? confused_1.gifJazz, blues, rock (new or old), soundtracks, a mixture!!! Your thoughts???:)

Sorry - did not see this subject on another thread!! Mostly asking about free - flying, not comp!!

This all depends on:

- when for fun, I choose something that fits to how I want to fly at the time

- when for the public, I choose something appealing to them, usually not my competition music

- when for the competition, I choose something that allows me to show all what I can do with a REV and is appealing to the judges

So, it could be any or all that you mention.

Music while flying drives me crazy, I would really like to cut the speaker wires during the festivals. I understand the need for it during the performances and enjoy most songs that work well with the flying. But my enjoyment of listening to the world around me makes it VERY difficult for me to find a song or even style of music that i feel i could fly to. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this issue, anyone else that does should let me know what they do to find music they can fly too.

Like KC, I don't like music when I fly, but then, I don't like music when I'm doing almost anything else. When I listen to music, that's ALL I do. Any other time it is just annoying noise.

I can accept and enjoy music when it is part of something else (like ballet -- kite or regular), but NEVER as background.

Stick to yer guns KC; if you don't want to fly to music, don't do it. (But be a nice guy at festivals; don't cut the wires. Just move to the quiet end of the park if you can.)

Well, I got an Ipod shuffle for Xmas! Had to do the Itunes thing to get the drivers for it, but was able to convert a lot of music my son had for another device!! I like to put it on shuffle mode and let the songs just happen!! Metallica, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd, Evanesence, Clapton, Alice Cooper, etc; lots of old school rock!!! KC - if you listen to your own, you can't hear the festivals music!!! I'm ducking.......... NOW!!!:w00t:

What I listen to depends a lot on whats going on. If the wind is light, and I'm out on the beach by myself, I'll put on Breeze by Sterio MC's. Relaxed with a good beat. If I'm out on the competition field, I use I feel Good by James Brown. If I'm with some friends, often playing rough, I'll listen to Pendulum or some mixes by DJ EvenflO

My kids gave me an MP3 (and Studio headset) for Christmas a few years ago... I wondered how much use I'd get out of it... confused_1.gif

I normally flew void of music... I added tunes... and now I wonder whether it's the flying or the music I love the most!? For sure I love the combination!

I listen to just about everything, short of hip-hop and heavy metal. My son is an artist and in a band so I listen to his music too, but... Floyd is, and always will be, my favorite!

The music, along with the flying, takes me to another place! ...I like that place!! blue_music.gif

But my enjoyment of listening to the world around me makes it VERY difficult for me to find a song or even style of music that i feel i could fly to. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has this issue, anyone else that does should let me know what they do to find music they can fly too.

I hear ya, Cowboy. Half of the time I prefer no music when I fly because I just like to enjoy the sounds of nature around me. I don't have a real problem with festival music, but I do listen to a zillion kinds of music styles. When I fly to music I usually just put my music player on shuffle and see what happens. I've found music helps hone my flying skills at times. Really depends of what kind of mood I'm in when I go out.

Just sitting here on a cold, no wind, dreary day, and thought I'd ask - What do you listen to while you're flying?? confused_1.gifJazz, blues, rock (new or old), soundtracks, a mixture!!! Your thoughts???smile.gif

Wayne,

Kiting has actually made me branch out some on the types of music I liked.

When I first got into kiting, I was listening to Moody blues, Led Zepplin, Santana- Music of that time period and some of the newer country songs of the 90's.

Since then I have tried and enjoyed kiting while listening to Jazz, blues, Kenny G, Flutes, etc ----------Warning -These are not for high wind days -

You will get so lulled out you can't react fast enough to keep up with the kite.

Bruce

I usually hear:-

Frogs Chorus - By Paul McCartney

Feel Good - Skye

Daydream - Claude Francois

Hindi Diamonds - Moulin Rouge soundtrack

Chicken Run - Original Soundtrack

at the end of the day

Einaudi: The Waves from the Album Le Onde - Ludovico Einaudi

NGC 224 (Remix By The Lalo's) - Mukta

Personal pleasure,

He's a pirate - Tiesto

The Launch - DJ Jean

Pasa Lupita - any reason to watch James Robertshaw fly.

Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones

Children of the Revolution - T Rex

And for JB - Bearforce 1 - Bearforce 1

HMMMM i am not really sure what to say guys haha! i mean i am trying to express my love for the bieber Fever crowd but i guess i cant .... I thought we were a family. sheshhhhhh

Love you to stevo!

Sammy - Just having a jab at ya!!!:kid_content: Nothing mean, meant by it, all in fun!!:) Opinions are like @#$holes, everybody's got one and they all stink!!!:) If you like it, it's what you listen to!!!

Sammy - Just having a jab at ya!!!:kid_content: Nothing mean, meant by it, all in fun!!:) Opinions are like @#$holes, everybody's got one and they all stink!!!:) If you like it, it's what you listen to!!!

Yeh Yeh i know i know.... however stevo is just mad at me bc when i gave him a atomic wedgie late time, his tighty whitys became a thong and changed colors w00t.gifw00t.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Great humor

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm Simon, Frogs Chorus, wha a classic, especially the way TFS fly to it.

My music, I just load all the stuff I have onto a player and get it to shuffle. Yes I know that is a lazy way of doing it but it works for me.