Calling all countries!

KiteLife

Just a thought but . . . . . . . .

It is possible to add a private map of personal local flying places and include a link to this in your description within Google maps (see entries for myself and kristalis on the Google map).

These maps can be made private limiting access to those that know the url so they will only be accessable through the links. Also only the owner will have the ability to edit. If the 'rev flyers of the world' map was made private and a link posted here, similar to the members map, then that would overcome some of the issues of public access restricting access to the 'rev flyers of the world' map to those in the forum following the link.

This would give the possiblity of not only recording individuals location, as on the members map and the 'rev flyers of the world', but of allowing the addition of personal flying places, links to local kite festivals or anything else the individual feels may be of interest (like beach front watering holes for example big_beer.gif) using the personal maps.

Is there anyway we could be allowed to update our individual markers on the Members Map to include links out to individually maintained Google Map's?

Is there anyway we could be allowed to update our individual markers on the Members Map to include links out to individually maintained Google Map's?

Not directly, you'd need to add such a link to your profile (after establishing a good consistent location for it), then folks could click into that from the map.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Living on the small island of Mauritius in the Indian Ocean, i have the very first Rev here and this make me and my GF the only ever first Rev fliers on our Island :)

Man i love that place.

Was there last November and busy booking another trip in September.

Only, this time i plan taking my REV with (dont tell my wife)

I am from South Africa!

Man i love that place.

Was there last November and busy booking another trip in September.

Only, this time i plan taking my REV with (dont tell my wife)

I am from South Africa!

Wooahh :)

Great news then, i will have another Rev flier by my side in Sep then

Drop me a mail when you are heading to Paradise and we schedule some flights together

• 6 months later...

hi there,...

here goes my 1st post, I' ve seen Slovenia (EU) was mentioned on 2nd page of this post but no replies were made, so I'm not really sure whether I'm the only one here or not...

I actually do not qualify as a Rev flier per se :D , since I don't own one, but I do love to fly quad liners (eg HQ. Mojo, powerkites..), I am curently thinking about buying a 1,5 SLE or B- series. There are no dealerships, stores here that would sell Revs to my knowledge, and I haven't really seen anyone fly one here as well..

hi there,...

here goes my 1st post, I' ve seen Slovenia (EU) was mentioned on 2nd page of this post but no replies were made, so I'm not really sure whether I'm the only one here or not...

I actually do not qualify as a Rev flier per se biggrin.gif , since I don't own one, but I do love to fly quad liners (eg HQ. Mojo, powerkites..), I am curently thinking about buying a 1,5 SLE or B- series. There are no dealerships, stores here that would sell Revs to my knowledge, and I haven't really seen anyone fly one here as well..

Hi, and welcome to the forum. There are dealers in the UK and I believe in Germany. I'm sure someone will reply with others and their locations.

Hey makatakam and Dutchrev, thanx for a welcome greetings and the info :).. I will probably purchase the Rev in US in the near future, due to lower prices. The communities in UK, Netherlands, Germany are unfortunately a bit too far away for me, maybe someday in case of a bigger event and my trip coincidence :).

keep on flying :)

• 1 year later...

Okay so I think I classify as an international flyer because i travel all the time with Cavalia. So next destination is Abu Dhabi for 2 months then on to Singapore for 2 months after that not sure where we are travelling to. Looking forward to Abu Dhabi because I will get to do some flying with Scott Weider as we're adding indoor kites into the show (my idea lol) Chris

• Like 3