Hi All,, My First Day in The Rev Forum

flt101

Thanks guys cleared up a few questions I've only used 85' lines so far. And I mostly seem to be SOL as the lines do end up at the end of the card at times making it impossible to flip the handles over the card, does that occur from winding too tight one time and winding too loose the next time, or are the lines growing and shrinking just to drive me crazy?

Edited by hyzakite

Assuming you are using some kind of linear polyethylene (most 2 and 4 line sets are) there isn't a lot of stretch, but there is some. If you end up with the lines right at the end of the card, try laying the handles BACK along the same side of the card that the ends of the lines are on. The lower handle tips (brake ends) may extend a bit beyond the end of the card, but you should still be able to put the bungie over the unpadded part of the handles. Think of the lower ends of the handles PUSHING the lines tight on the card rather than PULLING. You should be able to get a secure package one way or the other.

Assuming you are using some kind of linear polyethylene (most 2 and 4 line sets are) there isn't a lot of stretch, but there is some. If you end up with the lines right at the end of the card, try laying the handles BACK along the same side of the card that the ends of the lines are on. The lower handle tips (brake ends) may extend a bit beyond the end of the card, but you should still be able to put the bungie over the unpadded part of the handles. Think of the lower ends of the handles PUSHING the lines tight on the card rather than PULLING. You should be able to get a secure package one way or the other.

I got it Pete, I just gave it a little tug and they popped onto the card, I noticed one of my clips on the bottom of the handles was in the other direction giving me a little less line on that handle.

That is the wind I've been using right along, the only thing going on with that wind is sometimes the card folds nicely on to the handles and the next time there is not enough line leftover to make the final flip onto the handles.

When this happens to me, I just unwind a few times, then rewind using a figure-8 to take up a different amount of line in each wind so that it matches up nicely for the final fold.

Welcome to the forum. :)