Anybody else lake playing with there Rev in the Water?

nobodyspecial

Yea safety first with the phone mr denny, and the wireless headsets are the way to go, they even have one on the market now that does military grade noise reduction, so even in hih wind it will work fine. and i allways support the second camera person idea. If you have a firend who is good with a camera get them out there watching.

Yea safety first with the phone mr denny, and the wireless headsets are the way to go, they even have one on the market now that does military grade noise reduction, so even in hih wind it will work fine. and i allways support the second camera person idea. If you have a firend who is good with a camera get them out there watching.

Another tip! Make sure that the person using your camera is someone you know. Otherwise you might not get any pictures, loosing your camera at the same time. It is a popular trick of thieves in tourist areas.

Well, I do think the headset is the best idea I can think of. I have been on the beach flying and gotten semi important phone calls and it has saved my hide. And it makes driving safer also, not as safe as ignoring the phone altogether, but still easier then throwing the phone at 50+mph.

Hello you with low self esteem....ie. Nobodyspecial ;)

Do you have any more info on those headsets you just referred to...."military grade noise reduction". I am on my phone ALL DAY LONG with my job...and usually in my vehicle which is pretty loud 4wd truck. I have been unable to use headsets because of the noice issues.....you may have just saved my life...or the guy in the car next to me. Please let me know if you know if the brand, model, company....anything. Thank you very much.

P

Your are very right on that, so always make sure you keep those lower tips down using the lower lines when you do a tail landing.

In a lake it is rather easy. In the ocean, if you aren't very careful the waves or back flow may push those tips up. In is easier flying perpendicular to the waves.

Maybe you could rig little floaties on the leading and trailing edge....kinda like those "noodles" that kids play with in the pools...but a lot smaller. Then Ant could come up with some Quad Sticks with little pontoons on the tips. Then you could land on the water and take off from the water.....of course then you would not be able to do the cool tricks by sinking and taking off out of the water..... :lol:

P

Maybe you could rig little floaties on the leading and trailing edge....kinda like those "noodles" that kids play with in the pools...but a lot smaller. Then Ant could come up with some Quad Sticks with little pontoons on the tips. Then you could land on the water and take off from the water.....of course then you would not be able to do the cool tricks by sinking and taking off out of the water..... :lol:

P

I've tried that on my quad sticks and on the down spars They actually work pretty good and they really dint add much weight or resistance being behind the sail.

Hello you with low self esteem....ie. Nobodyspecial ;)

Do you have any more info on those headsets you just referred to...."military grade noise reduction". I am on my phone ALL DAY LONG with my job...and usually in my vehicle which is pretty loud 4wd truck. I have been unable to use headsets because of the noice issues.....you may have just saved my life...or the guy in the car next to me. Please let me know if you know if the brand, model, company....anything. Thank you very much.

P

not low self esteem, just a nick i have had for years. The headset in question is a jawbone, you can order it from the websit, just add the dotcom to the name. or go to you local cingular dealer and you can get one for a bit over 100 bucks, it works really good, during CES 2007 (were they have about 500-3000 business man, and journalist hollering away at once) they had a few people testing this device and said the only problem was controling there own voice levels, since they didn't have to actually raise there voice. ( yea i wanna get one too, been watching this thing.)

not low self esteem, just a nick i have had for years. The headset in question is a jawbone, you can order it from the websit, just add the dotcom to the name. or go to you local cingular dealer and you can get one for a bit over 100 bucks, it works really good, during CES 2007 (were they have about 500-3000 business man, and journalist hollering away at once) they had a few people testing this device and said the only problem was controling there own voice levels, since they didn't have to actually raise there voice. ( yea i wanna get one too, been watching this thing.)

I'm a little scared of the story behind that nickname....I can see a very sad comic character with that nickname given to him/her by his family!!!!! AWWWWWWWW. :( I'm sure it comes with a story.

Thank you very much for the info. I will check it out tonight. The $$ are worth it....it could literally save my life, my car, the guy in the saab...???? AND, now that WA has made it illegal to have the phone in your hand while driving....it will probably save me from getting pulled over a few times....man I have to stop telling you all this....You're going to find me on the kite field and try to collect all that I will now owe you!!! :lol: I have the 4000 minute plan for my phone..which is my work phone...and i constantly go over on the minutes...most of this is done while drivin.

The funny thing is that I was against talking on the phone while driving for years.......very much against it......and then.

Thanks again you ray of shining light....pillar of hope and profound influence on the world around you. :blink:

P

Ahhh... that was a wee bit over the top SKITCH.. and the name looked better then anny_nono_miss. I hope you can get ahold of one of those headsets, there very nice, check out the video's on the site. If they only used this thing in the filming of the B-series DVD.. lol

Antman said,"if you lay them flat in the water they will float youll just have to pull it back to land to fly it dry "

Yep, they will float for a while, but depending on what you have been doing, not for long. Once the tubes are full of water they will sink, and I know of someone who got in a right ole mess after dragging one back across a lake bed. :lol:

• 1 year later...

I flew in the water for the first time last week. what a blast had my full vent out in the Columbia river, well i guess its a resivoir at that point, beautiful spot but no camera just my cell and the pics are horrible.

but I will be looking for more spots, that was an experiance and a half.

• 1 year later...

Hey,

Anybody out there on a non masters level like to play with there rev in the water? I've been playing with it lately and if i can get enough depth, need to get it checked i'm going to try spins, oh yea, leading edge down launches out of the water may scare you with the flex, the leading edge almost becomes a "U" with 3 wrap.

My better 3/4 and I started playing in the pond at the park our club flies at last Summer after we got our first B series and watched the video of John flying full down in the water. I am pretty convinced that he had to be walking backwards to do that considering that once MY kite got more than halfway in I had to pull it out the manual way...lol

I can skim the water and put about 6 inches in before I panic and come back out. Other than that, I like just flying OVER the water, simply because, up here in Alaska, we have the scenery to go along with it, and the reflections on a good day are pretty stunning. My better 3/4 does more IN the water stuff, but she also spends a lot more time pulling her kite out also. :P I haven't tried flying on a beach simply because here in Anchorage, even though we're on a peninsula of Cook Inlet, we have a lack of beaches. What I mean by that is that we have the mud flats instead of the sandy things you folks have down in the lower 48.

Nowdays, because I have the new kite helper, (See my post about that here: http://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/4077-training-a-new-helper/ (Gotta look close)) it's harder to do much water flying as she tends to want to be in the water and make friends with the ducks and geese who are there so I have to pay attention to her so she doesn't get in trouble.

--TaK