Super Sixteen SE England New Years Fly

Felix

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably depends just how early you hope to assemble on Saturday morning (and where)! :kid_devlish:

It could be the Sunday if that provided sufficient recovery time. <grins>

Blackheath would be good for me for obvious reasons but I would be prepared to travel.

Felix

I think that Dunstable, Sunday 2nd January 2011 is the most likely venue.

Parking is one pound I think and the 'facilities' are very good. We'll have to watch the weather though!

Felix

The parking is £1.50 but you do get a voucher for 50p to spend in the centre so as long as you use it it is really £1

The parking is £1.50 but you do get a voucher for 50p to spend in the centre so as long as you use it it is really £1

Thanks for that. I do now remember using the voucher last time I was there. <grins>

I think that I might be able to get some of the Decs to attend subject to the weather of course...

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

If it is Dunstable, i'd be interested

So, with reference to PMs and e-mails let's say that tentatively there will be a gathering of interested fliers at Dunstable on 2nd January 2011.

It would be good to know that we would have 16 experienced fliers at the outset so if those fliers who have not already expressed interest/intent could make themselves known that would be very helpful.

The basic idea would be to focus on the possibilities of the 4 x 4 grid as in the Super Sixteen effort at Long Beach this year and the pre-Bristol event in 2008 with particular reference to the ideas that John has been animating in the Super Sixteen thread.

Thanks

Felix

Felix

Count me in unless the weather is bad,I will

Try and get some of the guys I fly with to

Come aswell

Hi Daz,

Thanks for that, and yes, it is weather dependent!

Because of our geographical spread I am only expecting 4 Decs, (myself included) or maybe 5 if we are 'lucky'.

Felix

Felix

Looking forward to a get together,it seems ages since we got

a group fly together.It will be nice to catch with you and the other

Rev flyers,roll on the new year

That will be the last Dunstable 'get together'. I seem to remember that you turned up after working a night shift or something...

The 'Super Sixteen' is a framework within which to 'explore possibilities'. As it breaks down into groups of four it should be possible to 'rehearse' in smaller groups, that is four, eight and twelve.

At the same time, obviously, the Super Sixteen moves can provide pointers to the possibilities within the larger grid format. <grins>

Felix

sorry I misunderstood the thread

thought it was just an informal fly in

i'm not experienced enough to take part - sorry :blushing:

I am sorry if you misunderstood the Super Sixteen aspect of the thread which I thought, by implication, should refer to the Long Beach event where 16 fliers performed in marginal conditions in a rather magical way.

Anyway, please do not take that negatively and in the event that conditions are good on 02/01/2011 please join us at Dunstable as I am sure there will be the opportunity for some inclusive as well as exclusive flying.

Felix

Don't be put off, if past experience is anything to go by there will be lots of informal stuff going on as well, weather permitting it should be a good day for all.

I don't know these routines (or have the skill to fly them accurately) but if I had a chance to watch them (and fly with the people who CAN fly them) I would be there in a heartbeat. If you can get there, GET THERE.

Hopefully somebody will remember a camcorder. Perhaps Everyone could bring one along in case Somebody forgets... :kid_smartass:

That will be the last Dunstable 'get together'. I seem to remember that you turned up after working a night shift or something...

The 'Super Sixteen' is a framework within which to 'explore possibilities'. As it breaks down into groups of four it should be possible to 'rehearse' in smaller groups, that is four, eight and twelve.

At the same time, obviously, the Super Sixteen moves can provide pointers to the possibilities within the larger grid format. <grins>

Felix

Felix

I had finished my nite shift only a few hours before

Driving to Dunstable,and was very tired and not really

Wanting to fly.But once there and seeing friends,I got

A burst of energy and had a great day.This time though

I am not working and weather pending,will be there ready

To go.

It's not all regimented flying,there will be plenty of opportunity

To fly with everyone.There is no set pattern to the get togethers,it's a turn

Up and fly day.If you feel like you want to join the larger groups,just get in there

And have a go.There are all skill levels that turn up at the get togethers so please turn

Up and join in

Edited by dazlarsen

Felix

I had finished my nite shift only a few hours before

<snip>

It was a very good day!

Going forwards, those fliers who are interested in the actual Super Sixteen should keep an eye on the other discussion and the work that John is doing at http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16

It is very much a work in progress but some 'simple' ideas are very clearly illustrated.

Felix

Ok thanks guys

Initially replied before understanding the reference to "super sixteen" and once I did, I came back and put my other post up, as didn't want to mislead anyone

If you're happy for a new guy to turn up and fly with you and possibly pick up a few pointers, then consider me there :)

Ok thanks guys

Initially replied before understanding the reference to "super sixteen" and once I did, I came back and put my other post up, as didn't want to mislead anyone

If you're happy for a new guy to turn up and fly with you and possibly pick up a few pointers, then consider me there :)

We'll look forward to seeing you there!

Felix

It was a very good day!

Going forwards, those fliers who are interested in the actual Super Sixteen should keep an eye on the other discussion and the work that John is doing at http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16

It is very much a work in progress but some 'simple' ideas are very clearly illustrated.

Felix

Hi Felix.

My suggestion would be before Xmas, check who we have and then assign a number to each.

Then between Xmas & New Year go a look at your numbered place in the 16, that way we can be ahead of the game on the day.

Having looked at the 16 my guess would be look at the four corners and have four "team" flyers in each ie top left 4 = Dec's. Would that work?

I've communicated this to our group, and can see at least 8 confirmed from The Dunstable crew (provided Gee's not skiing)