shokwave VS supersonic

FrenchRévolution

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi !

Can you give me the difference between the shokwave and the supersonic ?

Thanks a lot from France

Thomas

I will give you the answer Ben gave me a couple weeks ago. The difference is the size. ;)

That's as good of an answer as I got...lol

--TaK

Hi !

Can you give me the difference between the shokwave and the supersonic ?

Thanks a lot from France

Thomas

Someone wrote about this not too long ago that was quite interesting. It included some of the history behind them.

I do believe it was here on this forum. Where, I haven't looked. Maybe someone else recalls where it is.

I might also be on Kitelife or something David Hathaway wrote.

I believe the Shockwave was the first of the speed series, the Supersonic came later. The Supersonic is a little smaller than the Shockwave. I prefer the Supersonic, especially the vented version. :)

One of the few things I know about the two is that they were developed and placed on the market at the same time.

There was something about the prototypes going out to several people at the same time for evaluation. Neither was overall favored over the other thus they were both placed on the market.

One of the few things I know about the two is that they were developed and placed on the market at the same time.

As I recall, there were prototypes of both kites at the 1997 Wildwood convention (I guess the kites debuted at the '98 KTA?). It seems to me they had already been named. I definitely recall flying both prototypes (and actually flew one of them, probably the shockwave, inside the old convention center -- something I determined was nearly, but not quite, impossible)

The main difference to me is that the supersonic is faster and the shockwave pulls harder...

I will give you the answer Ben gave me a couple weeks ago. The difference is the size. ;)

That's as good of an answer as I got...lol

--TaK

If you want to get "towed" around, go with the shockwave.

I fly a Supersonic a lot. Fast and fun in high winds but don't have to fight it when the winds gusts.