* The Clock *

Hi guys and gals!!!

Altough I am pretty good with my basics (plus) movements and maneuvers, it's been difficult for me to master "the clock" .

I can do the slow rotation fairly good, and the 3:00 6:00 9:00 and 12:00 o'clocks movements, but when it comes to the minutes, like in fives, I loose the balance of the kite, and it looks awefull. (bad)

Does anyone has a video of the hands movements? or a clear explanation on how to do it?

I would apreciatte you input on this matter.

Thanks.

Hector.

Thanks John, I guess I'd have to buy the kite Hu...I am gonna wait, (I have no alteratives $$$) and WILL just practice some more. with my home made kite.

Oh by the way, I am in the middle of creating a new set of "Dog Stake" this is something totally different. I'll let you know.

I have not practiced any dog staking due to my work hours (10 a day) and I only fly Saturdays, Sundays is church time, not much flying. So, you can breathe at ease now. :rolleyes:

I have something that I reeaaaally wanted to tell you. I have a lot of admiration for you, not just for your kiting abilities, but I consider you a true gentleman.

Thanks John.

Hector Herrera

AND A SUPER STAR.............

I'm with John, not much footage of that specifically exists, however, heres a few things that may help you out

1] Work on it piece by piece. You've already got the quarter turns basically down, so focus on doing those over and over and over again till you can move through those 4 positions, PLUS hold the kite stable in the 4. Then start working working on 1/8th turns, but, just work on the easy ones at first, the top facing ones and then work on the bottom ones. Moreso than being a specific technique to it, its simply a matter of a lot of practice.

2] Continuing with what I suggest above with it not being a "specific" technique, you'll find everyone does it a little differently and a lot of that depends on the wind BUT one thing thats pretty consistent amongst everyone I know who can do 8s or higher is that both hands are heavily involved in the movements. I tried for far too long to do it with just tweaking one hand but, the key really comes down to using both to snap the kite around the various positions.

I'll try and get some video of it this weekend for you and Ill contrast a couple of different people going through the moves.

;)

Hi Dave, I guess it's a matter of what Ron Despojado told me at Huntington Beach, CA. Party.

Hector: you've got to have the 3 P's...

Practice,...Practice,...Practice,...and then some more Practice. ;)

Hey Dave and John, I guess you can make a video similar to this for all your fans. Both of you are very good, and you can gives us a present by presenting it to us all.

http://digidownload.libero.it/StuntKite/im...chooDIVX300.avi

Make it a freebie... :rolleyes: so that we all can learn something.

Thanks in advance. I know you can do it.

Hector