Treasure Island 2011

AldenMiller

Checked Best Western and check in 14 Jan - Check out 17 Jan Suite-2 Double Beds, First Floor, Pool View is going for 350.00

Anyone want to split it?

Otherwise I'll take some seats out of my van and crash in it cause I'm gonna be there and this will be my very first kite festival! Might need to borrow a shower could be a little cold in the ocean at that time of year.

Edited by FlyWithMe

• 3 weeks later...

Checked Best Western and check in 14 Jan - Check out 17 Jan Suite-2 Double Beds, First Floor, Pool View is going for 350.00

Anyone want to split it?

Otherwise I'll take some seats out of my van and crash in it cause I'm gonna be there and this will be my very first kite festival! Might need to borrow a shower could be a little cold in the ocean at that time of year.

Update:

I have some family members flying in from NYC at the time of the festival so I'll be driving from Gainesville Fla.

to and from the fesival on the days I go. Anyone on my way need a lift let me know I have room for two more.

Edited by FlyWithMe

Only 2 weeks to go!!!

The festival is coming together. We're working on some of the small details!!

There are 4 acts signed up for the Saturday Nights Treasure Islands Got Talent Show!!!! We would love to get a couple more. There is a guitar available to use if you like to join us!!

Starting to take peeks at the weather. It might be a little chilly this year.

See you all in a couple of weeks!!!

Only 2 weeks to go!!!

There are 4 acts signed up for the Saturday Nights Treasure Islands Got Talent Show!!!! We would love to get a couple more. There is a guitar available to use if you like to join us!!

Sounds like you know whats going on. I've checked the web and can't find a schedule for the festival. Is there anyway you could give me a day by day breakdown on whats going on? I have to pick and choose what days to come. I would love to make every day but alas thats not going to happen.

friday or saturday would have the highest density of flyers available. . ...., that would be my recommendation.

More to see & more folks to meet!

just pull a "Jim Cosca" (show-up with nothing and fly OPKs all day!

He has more than anyone else I know, probably more bags of kites since he's stopped counting individuals long ago!)

Try to make one of those weekend days.

Or, track the weather, see which day looks to have the best conditions for your enjoyment,

some of 'em will be out on the beach regardless though!

Only 2 weeks to go!!!

If there was a fiddle and a banjo (preferably an open back banjo) available Melanie and I could entertain you for hours, but we can't fly with kites and instruments. That's why we haven't signed up. find that and we're in.

Is there any news on a live Internet Video stream for this year?

I'll probably have the equipment I used last year for that, so if the hotel wifi is willing (which it was for only Saturday last year) and I can find somebody with a beach facing room...perhaps...

I'll probably have the equipment I used last year for that, so if the hotel wifi is willing (which it was for only Saturday last year) and I can find somebody with a beach facing room...perhaps...

I have the same room as last year and your welcome to use it again.

The Schedule kinda goes like this... We will arrive there sometime on Thursday.

Friday

The beaches are open to fly all day. Would like to get a Mega Fly in the afternoon.

The press comes out so put up whatever you can!!

Saturday

Opening Ceremony.. Tampa Bay Cadets presents the Colors at 10 am followed by a Rev performance

The rest of the day is a mixture of competition, running of the bowls, candy drops and demos until 5 pm

Dinner is at Sloppy Joes, you need to be wearing an AKA wrist band to get a 20% discount.

8:30pm is the Treasure Island Got Talent Show in the Thunderbird conference room. There will be a cash bar and door prizes!

Sunday

We finish up Competition, more demos,the Mega Fly and I would like to get a Mystery Ballet in.

This year the Competition field will also be the main demo field. There are only a dozen competitors so we will need peeps to do demos in between. The Rev Riders will be on stand by for this purpose. To my Rev flyers... I would really love it if you stayed closer to the main demo field. A group of Rev flyers always attracts a crowd and the goal this year is to bring everyone closer together so we can all be a part of the festival.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Sherri

Edited by stevepigeon

my wife says it might be alittle chilly this year yes chilly for her but extended forcast says highs of 63 and lows of 45 for some of you northerners thats beach weather lol but for us its hats and gloves doesnt matter we will be flying anyways as long as no fog fest

steve

COLD!!! confused_1.gif Sounds more like shorts and t-shirt weather after Saturday's New Years Day in Portland, OR!! :kid_devlish: See JB's video!!! :)