Treasure Island 2011

AldenMiller

Hey Kids!

Some of the IKE crew will be there (Mike K, Jeepster, myself) for early spring training. The team clubhouse is set and flights are getting finalized.

Jeff.. will this help you make up your mind?

Looking forward to seeing all the cool folks that I met last year and meeting new ones.

Dayton David

Nice picture! Will you folks let me lead some again this year. I have a few new ideas I want to play with.

Hey Kids!

Some of the IKE crew will be there (Mike K, Jeepster, myself) for early spring training. The team clubhouse is set and flights are getting finalized.

Jeff.. will this help you make up your mind?

Looking forward to seeing all the cool folks that I met last year and meeting new ones.

Dayton David

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetness!!!!

I see that you all got a jump start on me!! Here is some general info.

January 14-17. The Thunderbird Beach Resort will be the host hotel. Call 727-367-1961 to book your room! Let them know your with the festival for the discount. The festival has a new set up to bring everyone closer together!

The festival will include.. The Treasure Island Sport Kite Championships, WhatAKite, Martin Blais,The Rev Riders, Revolution Enterprises, Mega Flies and more.

Do you have a hidden talent? Sign up for The Treasure Island's Got Talent. The show will be held on Saturday night in the conference room, there will be a cash bar and those in the audience will vote for their favorite act! To sign your act up for the show email me at [email protected]. There are only a few spots left!!

We will have a special item up for raffle this year. The raffle will be open to everyone!!! Here's a hint.. It took 2 people to sew.. it's kites.. That's all for now. Stay tuned for more hints..

Is that really Papa Smurf?

What time on Thursday, maybe we can carpool...

-Alden

Aye, it's me. I arrive around 2:45pm. Hopefully Jeepster and Dayton Dave will arrive at the same time. I'm hoping to get a taxi-towncar sort of thing The super-shuttle takes too long. You're welcome to join us.

Don't worry about the Harley! Worry about the PMS! (Pass My Shotgun!) smiley-devil.gif

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IKE looks to be well represented along with Jersey, TWM too!!!!!!

Love it!!!!!!!!

Shaping up to be a real good time!!!!!!!!!!

Countdown Clock says.............8 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like we're not going to do the family vacation like we did last year. My wife would have the sole responsibility for my daughter and the baby while I'm on the beach all day. Doesn't sound like enough of a vacation for her, and I can understand that.

I may still be able to work going alone...but I'd need some new lingerie to get in the mood for the TSA grope at the airport...

Just confirming, that the competition & demo fields are one in the same for this year, correct Steve? If so, that's such excellent news! It's so tough to decide which to support otherwise. I want to go fly team stuff with all my buds, but I can't completely forsake that sport kite arena either!

So, I talked to Scottie this morning, about how we can include everyone, all together and make a great show for the folks on the boardwalk besides. We already have the best sound man in the business thru Terry Murray. I'm thinking we need a few additions though, maybe a open class mystery ballet (or one for quad-pairs!) Throw all those folks interested, their names into a hat and then draw out the pair teams at random, fly some mystery ballet.

Or a hot tricks shoot-out, like Smithsonian's, where the audience votes for who gets to stay on the field, until there's only one of us left.

Terry can spin the jam songs and we could do a mentor's challenge too. Take kids out of the audience, (I like waist-high & under as a size restriction on the contestants!), give 'em a 5 or 10 minute lesson and then throw 'em into competition, head first. You can talk to your student, but not touch anything. Let's see who's the best teacher among us is,... A mentor's challenge, the kids think it's all about them, HA! it isn't at all,

. . . just bow facing northwest Washington DC immediately and whisper my name, 'cause I'm the yoda of kiting instructors, I will OWN you all.

My kid can beat yours, out of a wheelchair, one-handed, while juggling flaming plates, bring IT!!

mf_party.gif ...I'll take photos!

...and for a nominal fee, I'll send copies to those interested!

now u guys know how i feel when i go through TSA.... lol except i been getting searched for yearssssssss

p.s ask rich he hates traveling with me haha

Edited by sammy

The field set up will be different this year. We want to bring everyone closer together. So the main demo field will also be the competition filed for ballets.

The large kite filed will be right next door to the main field.. so we ask everyone to be mindful of the large kite area and like last year please give WhatAKite their space.

Terry is an awesome announcer and I expect that between he and I the field will have constant entertainment going!!

Is no one curious about the raffle item??? No guesses???

Could the raffle item be something that flaps in the wind...........maybe provides shade..........shaped like an insect perhaps.......and made by someone with the initials.... M. B. ???? (no, not Milton Bradley). Just going on a whim. blue_cool.gif

I recently had the airport stand up massage (Cincinati style) and the agent said that "cargo" pants is an automatic pat-down because of the pockets.

Concerning the kite fest activities.... any plans for an "official" night fly.... or do as a few of us did last year and just "wing" it. tongue.gif Also, any banquet rooms in the beach front hotels large enough to work on indoor flying?

Looking forward to more tip touches off the passing trailer.

Dayton David