Super Sixteen

Felix

That is a much better price than premier are offering. It was a Campanile hotel that we used for the Herrington Country Park Gathering a few years ago :-). Great value. If Martin wants to pursue the group booking we would like to commit to three twin rooms please.

I'm wondering if any of those well qualified fliers from the South of England or the North West of England will join us at YSP (Wakefield) the first weekend in November? Maybe they are no longer on this forum...

Felix

That is a much better price than premier are offering. It was a Campanile hotel that we used for the Herrington Country Park Gathering a few years ago :-). Great value. If Martin wants to pursue the group booking we would like to commit to three twin rooms please.

Martin will negotiate the deal and then ask groups to make their own bookings.

The Juan Miro exhibition will be on at the sculpture park which would make it a worthwhile destination regardless of a kite event <gins>

Felix

The Juan Miro Exhibition will be an excellent bonus to a great weekend. We are ready to book the hotel for our group when prices have been negotiated.

Hi Vince,

I agree! Have you seen the Miro promo on the Yorkshire Sculpture Park site, stunning. It's going to be a great weekend!

All the best

Maggie

Hi Vince,

I agree! Have you seen the Miro promo on the Yorkshire Sculpture Park site, stunning. It's going to be a great weekend!

All the best

Maggie

Martin is set to contact the hotel to negotiate the price next Wednesday/Thursday so we hope to hear from everyone by then.

Felix

Martin is set to contact the hotel to negotiate the price next Wednesday/Thursday so we hope to hear from everyone by then.

Felix

Hi Felix,

Any idea how many people will be at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park event. I'm hoping the owners of the 2 ground stakes I rescued at Portsmouth will be there! (I'm fed up with thinking about them!!)

Not being a festival, this would be a great opportunity for anybody to improve their group flying, which many people i'm sure would agree, is so much fun!! <Big grin>!!

Maggie

Hi Felix,

Any idea how many people will be at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park event. I'm hoping the owners of the 2 ground stakes I rescued at Portsmouth will be there! (I'm fed up with thinking about them!!)

Not being a festival, this would be a great opportunity for anybody to improve their group flying, which many people i'm sure would agree, is so much fun!! <Big grin>!!

Maggie

Hmm! Still waiting to hear from a number of groups, UK and further afield.

Lets hope that fliers take the opportunity to warm up for the WSIKF event in 2013 <grins>

Felix

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm! Still waiting to hear from a number of groups, UK and further afield.

Lets hope that fliers take the opportunity to warm up for the WSIKF event in 2013 <grins>

Felix

Sooooo!!!!

Well it looks like we will have 12 fliers so that is good for the four deep Mercedes rather than the Dutch Windmill. I'm wondering if we could do a Brenda on each leg? That would be neat I think <grins>

Felix

• Like 2

Thank you Martin and Felix for your help we have booked our rooms for Fusion.

If we are going for Mercedes I think a "Felix" between rotations might be good.

Steady on Vince! Next thing we'll be going for the 3 way sprocket. 'Felix' or blender on the diagonals would be very good indeed! A whole new dimension. <grins>

I'm looking forward to the event 'whatever the weather'. Must get some new wet weather gear...

Felix

A three way sprocket would look spectacular. Is it worth trying it with sticks first? :)

My immediate reaction is 'no'. Try it in the air first but at this point in time I have absolutely no idea as to the viability of such a move!

It was, obviously a teasing suggestion <grins>

On the other hand, learning how to tangle the lines and then reverse out gracefully is what it's all about.

Felix

My immediate reaction is 'no'. Try it in the air first but at this point in time I have absolutely no idea as to the viability of such a move!

It was, obviously a teasing suggestion <grins>

On the other hand, learning how to tangle the lines and then reverse out gracefully is what it's all about.

Felix

Three way sprocket?? Please, please, lets keep it simple! Doing the sprocket with 2 groups of 6 would be enough of a challenge! innocent.gif

It may be simple but I have not visualised it yet <grins>

The first thing is to get the three groups organised in relation to each other. I'm thinking two groups on diagonal spokes and one group on vertical/horizontal spokes.

Drawing that suggests a stepped routine with a contra rotation, or even same way rotation, around the three central kites but that is trivial compared to the cross-over of the sprocket as we know it.

Felix

Would you all be referring to something like this: http://johnnmitchell.../FourGears.html

Are you familiar with the 'sprocket' where the kites switch from one pinwheel to the other?

I was trying to visualise a three way swap but it may be better to think of an accumulation and interlacing of the kites into a central spokes rotation.

Felix

PS The sprocket is at the beginning of this video

If anyone is intending to attend the YSP event can they send me a message or post a reply here. (I need names and vehicle registration) so they can be included on the list of particapants and parking spaces.

We are hoping that Romney Johnstone and Johnny Claffey will turn up.

Vaughan Livingstone has not confirmed attendance at this stage so is looking a bit doubtful.

Best wishes

Felix

Are you familiar with the 'sprocket' where the kites switch from one pinwheel to the other?

I was trying to visualise a three way swap but it may be better to think of an accumulation and interlacing of the kites into a central spokes rotation.

Felix

PS The sprocket is at the beginning of this video

On the cycle ride home this evening it suddenly occurred to me that we should try forming the ball with alternate kites facing in and out and then see what Leaders Benefits/Double Felix variations would work.

How far round the circle would be possible?

<grins>

Felix

Awesome!

Indeed, but I really think that there are some very interesting clues in there for us 'string limited' fliers.

Strangely, the transition into 3 dimensions was something that I remember from 1993. Something along the lines of receding not-concentric circles. The front line made a circle, the next line closed into the same circle, wrapped around but up-wind, and so on forming a tube of kites... Anyone? <grins>

Felix