Super Sixteen

Felix

I have the two column version already completed and will post in couple hours when I am home.

A two column version, which shows the real simplicity is now available at:

http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16/Routines/FlyInToTurningGears-2col.html

This can easily be flown as 1, 2, 3, 4 or even more columns. The more columns, the wilder it looks.

• 2 months later...

It's very interesting maneuver. I would like to try it when I have opportunity...

Last weekend in Sunderland we set a small 9 person grid in light wind traversing with upward 180's called by the top kites at the front of the direction of travel.

Other calls were interjected at the centre of the window by others and it all worked very well in an unrehearsed manner. The final arena presentation involved this format as well with 'musical' prompts to add to the scheme of things...

Felix

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

From a suggestion from Felix, I have added in a few more elements at: http://www.johnnmitchell.com/GyD/Super16/cat_c/animate/CA.html

These are the CA to FC, FC to FA, CA to FD and FD to CA

As always, these elements can be connected with other elements in order to create complete maneuvers.

• 8 months later...

NOTICE:

The Super 16 animation has been move to:

http://johnnmitchell.com/Animation/index.html

Click on the Super 16 tab.

I have already added a second tab "USA Flag" which was created with Adobe Edge Preview not Adobe Flash.

This is all HTML/5, CSS and jQuery.

More coming soon to animation.

If so desired, you may click the Back and/or Home keys to see more of my web site.

• 3 months later...

NOTICE:

The Super 16 animation has been move to:

http://johnnmitchell...tion/index.html

Click on the Super 16 tab.

<snip>

Here is a very rough sketch of what we might be calling the Dutch Windmill as flown, approximately, at Portsmouth on Monday 27th August 2012.

If anyone remembers differently please let us know.

Thanks

Felix

post-1810-13467635726937_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Are there any seriously good flying sites between Skegness and Grimsby?

Thanks

Felix

EDIT This may, of course, not be the best place to ask <grins>

Looking for another Rev Gathering? I thought Skeg was a nice beach, never been myself but my daughter used to live in that part of the world, I wiil make some enquiries if you want.

Looking for another Rev Gathering? I thought Skeg was a nice beach, never been myself but my daughter used to live in that part of the world, I wiil make some enquiries if you want.

I'm told that the beach there was not big enough but that there was a place further north. However that coast looks a bit remote so we are looking at the Wakefield area for a 'super 16' boot camp type of thing. It would be good if *'confident' fliers could let 'us' know if they would be available for such a venture in late October.

Thanks

Felix

EDIT *'confident' as in comfortable with the prospect of flying in the 'Dutch Windmill' <grins> Felix

Sorry guys, the beach I was thinking of is not Skeg, apparently it's a little way south of Skeg but I will make some enquiries when I get the chance.

Hi, I've just had a very positive response from a site near Wakefield.

Please pencil in the first two weekends in November.

Thanks

Felix

• Like 1

I'm told that the beach there was not big enough but that there was a place further north. However that coast looks a bit remote so we are looking at the Wakefield area for a 'super 16' boot camp type of thing. It would be good if *'confident' fliers could let 'us' know if they would be available for such a venture in late October.

Thanks

Felix

EDIT *'confident' as in comfortable with the prospect of flying in the 'Dutch Windmill' <grins> Felix

OK We are looking at the first weekend in November now.

I am in conversation with the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. They have suggested a large area on site and we will be working out the practical details.

I am thinking that we would aim at 12 - 4 pm on Saturday and 10 - 2pm on Sunday allowing for civilised travel arrangements. I hope that a convivial meeting could be arranged for the Saturday evening.

I have not looked at accommodation in Wakefield yet but I suspect there will be availability <grins>

Obviously I now need to know who would be available. We have 4 Decs already and I hope for more!

Thanks

Felix

• Like 1

Hi Felix,

We will have 5 members of Fusion in attendance.

We can be there early if we need to prepare arena areas etc. There are a number of possibilities for accomodation so it should not present any problems.

Hi Vince,

Great news! Let's talk further details once I can confirm the basic details with YSP.

I am waiting to hear back from Stephen at Air-4-Ce and Stephen at The Flying Squad.

Lets look at the Saturday night bit as soon as the initial details are resolved.

Best wishes

Felix

Hi Felix

I would love to come down to see you all for the weekend.

If you firm it up let me know, I may not be able to meet your standards to fly with you all.

It would be worth the trip from the frozen north!

Take Care

Terry

Hi Terry,

Our view is inclusive so we would welcome your participation. Keep an eye on the threads and let us know if you will attend. We will make every effort to accommodate less experienced fliers even while our objective is the Super Sixteen.

I just spoke to Ben at Revolution. He was concerned about the weather but is understanding of the importance of our project. <grins>

Felix

Hi Felix,

We can be there early if we need to prepare arena areas etc. There are a number of possibilities for accommodation so it should not present any problems.

Hi Vince,

I just heard back from YSP and they are checking if they have stakes and ropes for the arena. It might be good to offer help but they may want to deal with it as it is their pitch!

Jacob suggested that we check grass length but Clare said it was 'pretty even underfoot' as I had asked if the site was 'trip free'.

They are going to send a list of B&Bs and Hotels...

All good to go <grins>

Felix

Hi Felix,

We can be there early if we need to prepare arena areas etc. There are a number of possibilities for accomodation so it should not present any problems.

Hi Vince,

We're 5 now hoping for 7.

Felix

Hi Vince,

I just heard back from YSP and they are checking if they have stakes and ropes for the arena. It might be good to offer help but they may want to deal with it as it is their pitch!

Jacob suggested that we check grass length but Clare said it was 'pretty even underfoot' as I had asked if the site was 'trip free'.

They are going to send a list of B&Bs and Hotels...

All good to go <grins>

Felix

We have some arena stakes if needed and we will be okay assisting with an arena. We still have five for the super sixteen but also have a new flier coming along to join the less experienced fliers. I will also see if we can recruit a few more local fliers when we attend Wakefield Kite Festival this weekend.

We have some arena stakes if needed and we will be okay assisting with an arena. We still have five for the super sixteen but also have a new flier coming along to join the less experienced fliers. I will also see if we can recruit a few more local fliers when we attend Wakefield Kite Festival this weekend.

Hi Vince,

Thanks for this. Air-4-ce will not be able to attend but we are still waiting to hear from others.

I am still waiting to hear from YSP re. Risk Assessment and Insurance.

Felix

Hi Felix,

On the accommodation front Martin Linford has been in contact with the Campanile which is currently offering twin rooms at £34 but might be able to do a better rate if there was a large group. It is on an industrial estate but has a bar and restaurant on site. It is a French group and maybe a bit utilitarian but food and wine/beer OK at other sites.

Felix

On the accommodation front Martin Linford has been in contact with the Campanile which is currently offering twin rooms at £34 but might be able to do a better rate if there was a large group. It is on an industrial estate but has a bar and restaurant on site. It is a French group and maybe a bit utilitarian but food and wine/beer OK at other sites.

Felix

That is a much better price than premier are offering. It was a Campanile hotel that we used for the Herrington Country Park Gathering a few years ago :-). Great value. If Martin wants to pursue the group booking we would like to commit to three twin rooms please.