Super Sixteen

Felix

When you have 16 in a square and you want to transit to a diamond, that could look quite nice.

I picture two reasonable ways to transit at this time. One being a slow rotate of all revs in clock fashion by 45 degrees.

The other is kind of a breath in breath out method where sides breath out and the corners breath in.

I like the latter best.

In fact I already did something similar to the latter as can be seen in these animations:

http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16/cat_h/animate/HH.html

In fact I already did something similar to the latter as can be seen in these animations:

http://gyraphicdesig...animate/HH.html

I did not mean to imply rotating the 100 grid, it was just about getting the number of fliers together.

The rotation I was referring to was a 4x4 square rotating into a diamond,

Felix

I did not mean to imply rotating the 100 grid, it was just about getting the number of fliers together.

The rotation I was referring to was a 4x4 square rotating into a diamond,

Felix

May I presume you are referring to CB to EA to CB at this url: http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16/cat_c/animate/CB.html ?

John

I had a team of four doing it today. It was not easy at first for them, however they did get it going fairly well with a few tries.

The problem I had was getting the other fliers to understand just how the group was to move, and how they should look after the move. Once that was accomplished, it went rather smoothly.

The problem I had was getting the other fliers to understand just how the group was to move, and how they should look after the move. Once that was accomplished, it went rather smoothly.

This 'getting the other fliers to understand...' does seem to be a core issue which is why I think what John has done so far is so good. The next 'hurdle' is to get the fliers to familiarise themselves with the possibilities. There are so many, it does become slightly mind boggling!

However, the most difficult thing in my view will be finding the way to articulate calls on the field <grins>

One way forward may be to 'write' a routine that breaks down into four sections that could be rehearsed by groups of four ahead of a sixteen event. <deja vu>

Felix

This 'getting the other fliers to understand...' does seem to be a core issue which is why I think what John has done so far is so good. The next 'hurdle' is to get the fliers to familiarise themselves with the possibilities. There are so many, it does become slightly mind boggling!

However, the most difficult thing in my view will be finding the way to articulate calls on the field <grins>

One way forward may be to 'write' a routine that breaks down into four sections that could be rehearsed by groups of four ahead of a sixteen event. <deja vu>

Felix

In the instance of the four kite box that we were doing, perhaps something like "Pinwheel the box, anti clockwise, 45 degrees"

Using the same or nearly the same call for a quadrant as for a single line may work for some formations.

There will be four or five of us today. With five, there will be a kite in the center of the box. "Pinwheel the box on the center kite, ........" I'll give it a try.

Just a thought.

In the instance of the four kite box that we were doing, perhaps something like "Pinwheel the box, anti clockwise, 45 degrees"

Using the same or nearly the same call for a quadrant as for a single line may work for some formations.

There will be four or five of us today. With five, there will be a kite in the center of the box. "Pinwheel the box on the center kite, ........" I'll give it a try.

Just a thought.

Yes... Saying all the words and conveying the meaning is the issue!

The beauty of it is that if the fliers understand the command and fly accordingly the intention is immediately clear and the execution relatively easy. (Just like so many things about mega team flying)

Felix

Yes... Saying all the words and conveying the meaning is the issue!

The beauty of it is that if the fliers understand the command and fly accordingly the intention is immediately clear and the execution relatively easy. (Just like so many things about mega team flying)

Felix

I think the move they were doing yesterday with five REVs(kind like a five on one dice) could be really look super nice when it flows very smoothly. The REV in middle has it the easiest as all they do is maintain center position and rotate with the others, where the outside four have to rotate around the axis of the center kite.

Great flying today at Coronado Cays.

At first there were four of us. The first thing I called was a "two by two" into a box. I then called "pinwheel on the center of the box, anti clockwise, 45 degrees", and without hesitation, the box made the move. Everyone understood the call. I had not warned anyone that it was coming, but all understood "pinwheel on the center of the box".

I did not try it again after the fifth flier showed up, but we are all meeting there tomorrow and will give it a go with five just for fun.

Great flying today at Coronado Cays.

At first there were four of us. The first thing I called was a "two by two" into a box. I then called "pinwheel on the center of the box, anti clockwise, 45 degrees", and without hesitation, the box made the move. Everyone understood the call. I had not warned anyone that it was coming, but all understood "pinwheel on the center of the box".

I did not try it again after the fifth flier showed up, but we are all meeting there tomorrow and will give it a go with five just for fun.

Great Jim!

Now imagine the 16 grid (4x4). Please line up in a column, such as the left side and try it again. Then try lining up in a row such as the top and do it again.

Oh yes, try to pivot around the imaginary center point of the 16 grid. Maybe you can use the 5th REV assume that imaginary point as reference for the others.

In this way you are somewhat simulating the 16 grid.

Great Jim!

Now imagine the 16 grid (4x4). Please line up in a column, such as the left side and try it again. Then try lining up in a row such as the top and do it again.

Oh yes, try to pivot around the imaginary center point of the 16 grid. Maybe you can use the 5th REV assume that imaginary point as reference for the others.

In this way you are somewhat simulating the 16 grid.

Don't know about four kites in a column or row trying to simulate a grid of 16, some folks can visualize better than others. Moving one set of four to a different quadrant of the grid may be a bit easier, especially using a fifth kite in the center of a would be 16 grid.

We'll play with it some tomorrow. Sure could use another 11 or 12 fliers. Tough to come by here.

• 3 weeks later...

I added a new panel named "Routines"

The previous three routines in panel "K - 4 Corners" have been moved into panel "Routines".

A new routine named "Four Gears" has be added. The URL is:

http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16/Routines/FourGears.html

Enjoy, John M

I have also added in "Four Wheels" which was created before "Four Gears"

http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16/Routines/FourWheels.html

Please note that the URLs are case sensitive.

John

I just added in a new maneuver titled "Fly in to Turning Gears".

URL is http://gyraphicdesign.com/Super16/Routines/FlyInToTurningGears.html

It is not perfect thus needs a bit of work on the timing.

In fact one REV does whack another REV.

If you notice, the lines of each column stay separate of the lines of any other column.

Within a column the lines of that column will wrap up to on full turn, but then unwrap on the next part.

Enjoy, John

I just added in a new maneuver titled "Fly in to Turning Gears".

URL is http://gyraphicdesig...rningGears.html

It is not perfect thus needs a bit of work on the timing.

In fact one REV does whack another REV.

If you notice, the lines of each column stay separate of the lines of any other column.

Within a column the lines of that column will wrap up to on full turn, but then unwrap on the next part.

Enjoy, John

John,

Great move! I will not, of course, suggest, two sets of sprockets in parallel... It's just too scary <grins>

Felix