awindofchange

New Ultra Race Rods from Rev

As one who will gladly test to destruction I have flown these green meenies in various conditions and in various sails and haven't broken one YET.

I will say this......

They are as stiff as a 3 wrap but lighter and easier to throw around, however not as flexi as regular race rods but equally as light.

Comparisons can be made and opinions like other things are many and varied (fill in the blank here) but my point is this......It comes down to your comfort level and what YOU are trying to get out of the experience. There are times I like to use this rod because it can take a pounding when the winds go up and down variably and I don't want to switch out to a 3. On the other hand, I like the soft feel of the black race rods when the wind is smooth and consistent and I just want to whip that puppy around and not worry the flex is gonna get me!!!!!

I guess the point is to go out and try to break the kite. If you don't, you're not flying the hell out of it. Besides, Rev stands behind their stuff and they'll happily sell you some more rods if you break em!!!!!

Seriously though.......you get out of your flying experience only what you put into it by taking things just a little bit further each time you're out there. Go experiment!!!!!!!!!!

Opinions made here are mine and yours, while they might be different, are yours, go forth and GRIN!!!!!!!!

quaa714 - Thanks for your descriptions!! I am with Katrina on this, all the early posts seemed to be centered around strength and not flex issues!! So I was also looking for some feedback on how people felt about the flying characteristics of these rods!! So thanks for describing when you use them, and I hope others will join in!!

PS : Got the grin factor covered!!!kid_devlish.gif

It definitely works, depending on wind conditions and your flying style. It may not suit your style, but is worth trying.