New XTRA Vent

Bazzer

I have never been a fan of dropping 2 leading edges into a vented B Pro, but what choice did we have?

Although comical to see your smallest member on your team bounce down the flying field, it was never ideal.

There have been many very good Super/Mega vent quad line kites before but none of them have handled like a B Pro.

Yep you have guessed it!

Here it is.

The XTRA Vent.

post-170-128767802639_thumb.jpg

More vents, less resistance and reinforced where it can stretch and blow out.

3 wrap frame, 4 is too stiff!

Wind speed 18mph and up. Tested in 35mph gusts with no problem. Felt like a mid vent in 12mph.

When the wind gets too much for the vented stick one of these on.

These are the standard colours.

Customs negotiable as always.

Merry Christmas

Ben is working on the $. So be patient. First batch of 10 will be leaving my door for the factory in 3 weeks.

For those lucky few who have tested this on the beach please let the Family know what we are talking about.

I'm a bit biased....I love it!

So that's the low end, mid range and high end sorted...what do you want next?

Edited by Bazzer
  • Like 2

The Xtra vent... flew the first production ones last week at the AKA...... Winds picking up... stuff blowing down the beach... I put my wind breaker Jacket on !! ITs Time !!

Oh man first thoughts of the new Xtra vent is Smooth smooth smooth.... and so comfterable flyin the kite is not wanting to drag you down the beach anymore... and what bazzer said now being able to take that second Leading edge out ... allowing the LE to bend and make that nice cup shape sail we like so much.

The New Reinforcement down on the tips of the xtra vent are very clean looking and also the strip of reinforcement down the upright of the sails where the Upright rods would sit... now sit on a layer of extra protection...giving you strength and longevity. And my favorite part of this kite is when the winds do pick up I still can fly Rum Buddies .... not so hard on the wrists....

Someone ;)  swiped my full vent right off my lines at AKA, and installed a rum-buddy XTRA  :w00t: in it's place.  I was about to roll it up and stuff it my kitebag quick-like, seemed like a fair trade to me.  I went from being practically hauled off my feet in the gusts, to...  :blue-love: aaaaaahhh.  It was painful to give it up. 

Who knows what might be in the development pipe line of the future.

I once saw a REV II copy that was 100% vented except for the leading edge and all tips. Believe or not it does fly and it flies very well in strong winds. I saw and flew it once at Fano, Denmark. A Danish guy made it. I never saw him or his REV again.

Price is the same as the "Zen" $440.00 retail and if your asking why it's cause Bazzer works his but off to make this kite. There is a lot more going on than

just some extra vents and " no I will not share what they are ".............. Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Price is the same as the "Zen" $440.00 retail and if your asking why it's cause Bazzer works his but off to make this kite. There is a lot more going on than

just some extra vents and " no I will not share what they are ".............. Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

After going over all the panels, vents and superb workmanship, I can well understand why it can't be cheaper to make. It simply won't be easy to build.

Thanks Ben, for confirming! $440.....same as the Zen! Yes, that's what we chatted about at WSIKF :)

pre-order page is up! http://www.thekiteshoppe.com/products/Revolution-1.5-B-Pro-XTRA-Vent-Kite-Only.html

Any questions...Call me! :)

i wonder if anybody has tried it with racerods..well where i live it will get used alot as many of you know.. put me down for one this winter..call u soon lolly

Hi Ant,

Yep have tried it with Race in winds around 14/18 all good.

Just change to the 3's as the race starts over powering and getting twitchy.

If the winds in the 25's and up! leave the race in the bag.

It will not take long before the verts blow.

I know how you Jersey crew love your flamed rods!

If you are trying to make an extra vent lighter...erm fly a full vent!

Had one of the first prototypes flying in 6mph on race and 50lb lines.

(WHy? ..because you know someone will ask)

Only trouble was it would only climb to about 60% of the window. It was rather funny.

It was the little train that couldn't.

But I think that wind speed is covered somewhere else in the product range.LOL.

Bazzer

• 3 weeks later...