supersonic vented

antman

i have had a few days here and there to fly.. as many of you know 3 weeks ago we gave birth to my daughter Ashlyn.. so with the little time i had to fly .. the winds here have been really nasty.. so i broke out my supersonic vent.. im really suprized that many do not fly this kite as for the 4 years ive had it i love flying it.. it is not a team kite that i know of but in a hardcore wind it is so much fun to fly.. lolly if you read this thank you again for this kite.. i love it.. and if any of you havent tried this kite i urge you to give it a go in winds 15 to 35 mph you will love it thats for sure while this is no new kite it is one that i have to share with you all as i dont see many flying them these days like i used to..consider this post a review of an old favorate that i just had to pull out of my bag..

Edited by antman

I love my Blast (current design) to bits .... it's great for flying like a hooligan and it will steal the show from any solo 1.5 in the eyes of the public with it's roaring dive stop alone cool.gif

I still love my 1.5s and have mid vents on the way, but the speed, size, sound and sheer lunacy of the Blast is a winner in my book. I'm sure it's the same for the Shockwave and Supersonic as well ... I may just have to consider getting them one day.

The Sonic is probably my all time favorite Rev to fly. The winds have to be right for the kite to really come to life but if the conditions are right, I can't help but grin like a little kid even during the assembly time. Anyone who hasn't flown a Sonic is really missing out. It will blow your mind on how fast and precise it can be and at the same time, will push your skills to their limits.

Hi Antman,

Thank you for your kind words.

Congratulations on that beautiful baby girl. I am waiting for my 1 month old picture.

Yep, the Sonic Vented is one of the smoothest higher wind kites. It's fast folks, so hold on to your hat.

Try to enjoy this kite somewhere !!!

I love my Blast (current design) to bits .... it's great for flying like a hooligan and it will steal the show from any solo 1.5 in the eyes of the public with it's roaring dive stop alone cool.gif

I still love my 1.5s and have mid vents on the way, but the speed, size, sound and sheer lunacy of the Blast is a winner in my book. I'm sure it's the same for the Shockwave and Supersonic as well ... I may just have to consider getting them one day.

I also like playing with the Blast. however I am lucky enough to have 2, got One of them vented by a local kite shop. Wow the difference it makes. Seems to have much more precision. If you get a chance try a Vented out. See what you think.

I also like playing with the Blast. however I am lucky enough to have 2, got One of them vented by a local kite shop. Wow the difference it makes. Seems to have much more precision. If you get a chance try a Vented out. See what you think.

Did they custom order the vented or did they do the venting themselves?

In my case I asked the shop to do the venting for me. Hed it vented to the "new" pattern, even though it cut throught the panels.

I am fairly sure that Rev now supply a Vented Blast to order.

The SUPER good news is it comes with the light LE and even better, Bazzer is making them.

I think just the graphics are Bazzer's hand and not the construction. I commented to him a while back that I liked it so much I may have to twist his arm to make me one and he basically said that he would have to make up the templates, etc and it would end up as a REALLY expensive Blast.

I've got the new one with the 1/4" LE, but they are race rods and REALLY REALLY bend WAAAAAAAY beyond my comfort level. I've had my Blast with the SLE flying (slowly) down to 5mph wind which is not too much different to where I can take my 1.5 setup .... at which point the Zen is becoming the more fun choice to fly :)

Probably My favorite kite of all time, Close second if not tied is the Vented Sonic which held the title until I got the Vented Blast.

Yes they are non-production I'm not sure how I was able to get this one but i'm glad persistence payed off. It blows my mind every time I fly it with race rods in ultra light winds and the standard SLE rods with much smoother precision being vented.

post-1201-128760589696_thumb.jpg