Dunstable Downs 24th October

bazzeb

Sorry about the silence on this but i'm here now.

It would be great to see you guys down here next weekend. There will certainly be a few of us at Dunstable on the Sunday although the Saturday is not looking good if you were planning on making a weekend of it.

We were faced with over a 1000 runners this weekend all looking hot and sweaty and generaly getting in Gary's way. So it will be nice to get a bit of our own back.

See you all soon.

Stephen

Sorry about the silence on this but i'm here now.

It would be great to see you guys down here next weekend. There will certainly be a few of us at Dunstable on the Sunday although the Saturday is not looking good if you were planning on making a weekend of it.

We were faced with over a 1000 runners this weekend all looking hot and sweaty and generaly getting in Gary's way. So it will be nice to get a bit of our own back.

See you all soon.

Stephen

We are looking forward to it. However, I hope you didn't give Gary all the whinge cards.:)

<snip>

See you all soon.

Stephen

I'm not sure that it will be a hot and sweaty day on Sunday.

Looking forward to it, whatever the weather <grins>

Felix

Have we got a schedule, Dress code, Menu etc yet??? Need to know what to pack in the car... Obviously I've ironed my pink shirt and been practicing pie eating all week but my whinging's a little rusty ...

I'd suggest (in this order):

* arrive, fly, lunch (see 3 below), fly more, (optional) pub, go home;

* leave the mankini at home (please);

* clanger (but avoid the veggie ones) or burger & chips.

...and I'm told that whingeing is like riding a bike: it'll soon come back to you with minimal practice...:kid_devlish:

I'd suggest (in this order):

* arrive, fly, lunch (see 3 below), fly more, (optional) pub, go home;

What, you mean we have to fly hungry when we first arrive? Scandalous.

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Sanja

Great day ... thanks for organizing Baz .. one always feels so welcome on the downs ... despite Gary kid_devlish.gif

No doubt the mega fly that was forming as I left for the carpark was the biggest/best of the day but one short of the Downs record?

Got to agree with you Mr Jones a great day and on Susans birthday too (HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN again)

All I did was post a date (prompted by Vince) and I;m glad i did

weather was good to us - the company was great as always - and i got to fly revs

What more could you want..........

It was great that Vince Jason Pete,Pete and Chris could make it from so far north (I dont think they will be home yet)

Nice to see Daz and Colin (a bit of a trek for you two)

also to all the other southern peeps (you all know who you are)

many thanks to the flying squad for letting us invade your turf - as Jonesey said its always a welcome on the downs

all we need now is another gathering somewhere to look forward to

Got to agree with you Mr Jones a great day and on Susans birthday too (HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN again)

All I did was post a date (prompted by Vince) and I;m glad i did

weather was good to us - the company was great as always - and i got to fly revs

What more could you want..........

It was great that Vince Jason Pete,Pete  and Chris could make it from so far north (I dont think they will be home yet)

Nice to see Daz and Colin (a bit of a trek for you two)

also to all the other southern peeps (you all know who you are)

many thanks to the flying squad for letting us invade your turf - as Jonesey said its always a welcome on the downs

all we need now is another gathering somewhere to look forward to

Hi Baz,

Never enough time at these things.

I was good to see our Northern, Eastern, Western & Southern (NEWS) Friends  :blue-grin: BTW did you know that's where the word News comes from ?

Thanks too al let me call the 16 person Mini Mega & the 25 Mega.  It was fun, is really har dot think of stuff to do, but the only way you learn is by doing it. (bave Ellison - I isse dyou and your ideas !!

Thanks too al let me call the 16 person Mini Mega & the 25 Mega. It was fun, is really har dot think of stuff to do, but the only way you learn is by doing it. (bave Ellison - I isse dyou and your ideas !!

Simon you need to lay off the booze when your typing kid_devlish.gif

Oh and thank you for calling!

p.s. anybody take any pictures??

Edited by Jonesey

.. one always feels so welcome on the downs ... despite Gary kid_devlish.gif

It must be you, Jonesey ... Gary always makes me feel very welcome :)

Big thanks to all the Flying Squad (great turn out!), I think we all had a brilliant time. Hope to see you all again soon!

S.

I had a very enjoyable day and was great the see the guy's from oop North, link to some pic's from the day.

http://picasaweb.goo...eFlyIn24Oct2010#

It was a great day. Thanks for posting the link to the images. Somehow if one is concentrating on just 'doing it' the overall 'picture' is not apparent <grins>

Felix