B-Series Pro & Zen Colorizer

KiteLife

Question

PUZZLE TIME!

While they are all attractive, I only see one that I might like among pwind's designs.

Can anyone figure which single kite has a characteristic that none of the other 43 has?

(It's something I prefer in kites as well as in other types of design.) (John has four designs that meet the criterium.)

No prizes; just satisfaction in spotting the odd one(s) out.

Edited by --Pete

paraglide has it: #22 -- mirror symmetry. Not sure why, but asymmetrical kites (or anything else) just do not appeal to me. Too bad for me; it locks me out of many of the graphic sails.

Brett, #21 is also opposite mirror image like #42. I would call that 180 degree, or two-phase rotational symmetry, except the kite shape is not rotationally symmetrical. (The stairways in my house are rotationally symmetrical, and it always annoys me. They had to be that way for other design reasons, but it still annoys me.) As you can see, the main design is very mirror-symmetrical:

post-3536-12954991885_thumb.jpg

John, I do see that #39 is alone in having the three outer panels all the same color on each side, but in your set of designs, there are not four like that. (Line 2; 4 and 5. Line 5; 3 and 4 are all symmetrical like #22.) (Unless #39 has some other unique characteristic among the 44 designs which is also on 4 and only 4 of your kites. I didn't see another match between one of pwind's and four of yours, but that sort of thing would be easy to miss.)

(And I do realize that the Rev Logo breaks the symmetry, but it isn't too visible when the kite is out at the end of a long lineset.)

A lot of nice ideas there PWIND.

I like things symetrical and have tried to design some that were not, but I just can't have it!

I can deal with the flag kites not being symetrical and I love the Twists that Bazzer does and want one of those one day, but just can't do it for my own designs!

Bart

jpg or png should work fine. gif also works but it has a limitation of 256 colors versus 32K colors for the other two formats.

As for programs, there are a lot of free ones out there such as Gimp. Now if you want a nice program go for Photoshop Elements which would cost around $100. For top end there is Photoshop CS5 extended for about 5 times that unless you are a student, then you get a much better price. Then there are other programs you pay for such Paintshop.

After seeing a real Zen, I noticed that the vertical panels are 1 solid piece. The colorizer shows that panel as being 2 separate pieces, as it would apply to the B Series (my pic "2" where the red arrow is pointing).

Is it possible to have a Zen made with the outermost vertical panels split into 2 pieces like on the B Series? confused_1.gif

post-3694-13042858607_thumb.jpg post-3694-130428589798_thumb.jpg post-3694-130428592352_thumb.jpg

After seeing a real Zen, I noticed that the vertical panels are 1 solid piece. The colorizer shows that panel as being 2 separate pieces, as it would apply to the B Series (my pic "2" where the red arrow is pointing).

Is it possible to have a Zen made with the outermost vertical panels split into 2 pieces like on the B Series? confused_1.gif

post-3694-13042858607_thumb.jpg post-3694-130428589798_thumb.jpg post-3694-130428592352_thumb.jpg

No Your fine design away.

Have fun

Bazzer

Designed a couple "tribute" Revs thru the Colorizer:

Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album cover on the left. On the right, if the center panel were also light grey, which I believe is an option these days, it would look sort of like a TIE fighter from Star Wars.

I like the Dark Side of the Moon design. And it's an appropriate choice for dark side pilots.

Hey Ben D.,

How about a colorizer for the Eliot Shook vented?

Any chance of making that happen?

Adam

I think you would have to request a colorizer from Mr. Shook himself, these kites are licensed by Revolution, but not made by them.

I'm in agreement with REVflyer, give him a general guideline/color scheme and let him run with it!

Make sure you post pics of the finished design please!!