Here is my new love.

Baloo

Had it for a Week but it has been in the Bike Shop having a service and MOT.

Rode it home Today, great fun. Got to get used to a Bike again as it is at least 10 Years since I havve ridden one.

Hope you like it, the pictures are not too good, and it is a bit scruffy as it has stood around for about 5 Years without use.

post-260-128535927894_thumb.jpg

Another picture from the other side. Actually the pictures make it look a lot better than it actually is.

Wouldnt it be great if you could alter things by just taking a picture and photo shopping it.

I wouldnt change anything about me at all (not much I wouldnt :lol: )

post-260-128535944174_thumb.jpg

Another picture from the other side. Actually the pictures make it look a lot better than it actually is.

Wouldnt it be great if you could alter things by just taking a picture and photo shopping it.

I wouldnt change anything about me at all (not much I wouldnt laugh.gif )

Suggested accessories: Sidebags and travel spars! cool.gif

Thnks for the good comments folks.

I have NEEDED a Harley for a while, keep seeing them going up the road past my place. Sound so fantastic n stuff.

Got some leather throw overs with it Jynx, not sure what travel spars are though, OH STUPID, just clicked. Wonder if my Watty Rev will fit in the bags. Will have to try it.

mbro, it is a 1984 1000cc Ironhead and from reading the Vin number it is a California model, wow dont I wish I had a chance to ride it in California.

It has had running boards added, I am thinking about making the gear shift into a "rocker" if that makes sense, so I can press with the front of my foot, or heel to chance gear as I find it quite stiff to lift with my toe. I am sure I will get used to it though.

Also the guy B4 me put a bigger tank on instead of the Peanut tank. I like the idea of the bigger tank, however I feel it sits too high, night try to get a tank with a deeper channel as I like the idea of the increased capacity. He also changed the front mudguard for a diffeent one. Oh and the single seat for a double and sissy bar. I do have all the oriconal bits though.

The paint onit is very dull and needs a respray, not sure what colour, however what a great idea Aero, paint a Rev, or even 2 on it. Or get the Brothers to print a Rev with my Harley on it.

If I get it sprayed, as it is Red I wondered about going for a bright candy type red, than again black looks SO cool an a Harley.

Anyway, spent all my money on it for now so will have to wait for a whil to alter it.

Thnks for the good comments folks.

I have NEEDED a Harley for a while, keep seeing them going up the road past my place. Sound so fantastic n stuff.

Got some leather throw overs with it Jynx, not sure what travel spars are though, OH STUPID, just clicked. Wonder if my Watty Rev will fit in the bags. Will have to try it.

mbro, it is a 1984 1000cc Ironhead and from reading the Vin number it is a California model, wow dont I wish I had a chance to ride it in California.

It has had running boards added, I am thinking about making the gear shift into a "rocker" if that makes sense, so I can press with the front of my foot, or heel to chance gear as I find it quite stiff to lift with my toe. I am sure I will get used to it though.

Also the guy B4 me put a bigger tank on instead of the Peanut tank. I like the idea of the bigger tank, however I feel it sits too high, night try to get a tank with a deeper channel as I like the idea of the increased capacity. He also changed the front mudguard for a diffeent one. Oh and the single seat for a double and sissy bar. I  do have all the oriconal bits though.

The paint onit is very dull and needs a respray, not sure what colour, however what a great idea Aero, paint a Rev, or even 2 on it. Or get the Brothers to print a Rev with my Harley on it.

If I get it sprayed, as it is Red I wondered about going for a bright candy type red, than again black looks SO cool an a Harley.

Anyway, spent all my money on it for now so will have to wait for a whil to alter it.

Ok where to start  :kid_devlish:

Glad you mentioned the tank Chris, I too thought it looked high.  As for the Red, how about Boyd Red (Coddington) that would look Niiice.  

Very jealous !  And why cant you ride it in California?  Obi Won went, England to Europe (tunnel - nice and easy) across Europe through Russia Alaska, you then trurn right & head south.. Easy  :kid_devlish:

OK so we'll see you in Spring, with a nice polished bike (hog).  Well Done mate

PS photshop picture of Bike with picture of printed rev on it, then print rev with bike with Rev with a picture of a Bike, with a rev which has a bike on it.

PPS did I mention I was jealous :blue-cool:

Hey Baloo, have you tried a good rubbing compound or wax on that paint? Might be able to bring it back without painting! I had some stuff called "Color Back" can't remember who makes it though. It's a type of wax for restoring. worked great on my vintage Schwinn

mbro

Hi.

like play 365 said, get a real bike.

that is a tractor, as the sports bike lads call them.

now you are turning into a yank, keep them where the belong in the U.S.A.

aggh well it takes all sorts.

all the best not a harley fan steve (pudsli).

Dem's fightin' words! kid_cussing.gif

Although my second bike was a 650 T-Bonneville (WAY back in the day!) ...and I luved it! blue_wink.gif

Wow, just love the way there is a hate hate thing going on here. :kid_devlish:

Well, looked at a Royal Enfield 350 Bullet, than saw the puddle of oil under it. :)

Like the sound of the Harely, and this one is pretty loud, even on stock pipes. Dont know how it gets through the MOT but just got one. The only problem is I was not able to get to the Post Office Yesterday, and I can not tax it on line as the previous owner is still on the log book, takes a while to get done it seems.

Harleys are a bit like Revs and Marmite I think, you either love them or hate them. I love them all.

And nice ride Bri, glad to see you are on the up, and still have time to drop on here. Hope you get to fly still. Good to hear from you.

Well, cant ride it cuz no Tax, and zero wind, so suppose it is off to Halfords for some Chrome Polish.

(oh, maybe should add, love Enfields, Triumphs, BSA's Nortons and all that, had quite a few in the past, also a CBX 1000 amongst other bikes. Just sort of think the Harley suits my mature bearded image. Just cant fit on sports bikes now.)

Edited by Baloo

Wow, just love the way there is a hate hate thing going on here. :kid_devlish:

Well, looked at a Royal Enfield 350 Bullet, than saw the puddle of oil under it. :)

Like the sound of the Harely, and this one is pretty loud, even on stock pipes. Dont know how it gets through the MOT but just got one. The only problem is I was not able to get to the Post Office Yesterday, and I can not tax it on line as the previous owner is still on the log book, takes a while to get done it seems.

Harleys are a bit like Revs and Marmite I think, you either love them or hate them. I love them all.

And nice ride Bri, glad to see you are on the up, and still have time to drop on here. Hope you get to fly still. Good to hear from you.

Well, cant ride it cuz no Tax, and zero wind, so suppose it is off to Halfords for some Chrome Polish.

(oh, maybe should add, love Enfields, Triumphs, BSA's Nortons and all that, had quite a few in the past, also a CBX 1000 amongst other bikes. Just sort of think the Harley suits my mature bearded image. Just cant fit on sports bikes now.)

Just playing with you matey laugh.gif enjoy just don't round any corners smile.gif