Rev flies on the Science Channel

Gaiiden

Hey gang! I know, haven't been around much. Don't even lurk anymore but now that Labor Day is past and the beaches are (mostly) free, I'll be heading out more often to fly at the Jersey Shore.

Anyways, some of you may remember the taping at Liberty State Park that the Science Channel did for Dr. Michio Kaku's show SciFi Science. Well, that episode just aired yesterday! A friend of mine pinged me on Facebook to let me know he saw me briefly in the video, and they had a lot of shots of the kite Dr. Kaku was "flying" ;) For more behind-the-scenes info, here's how it all went down with me as Dr. Kaku's kite double, hahaha.

Luckily, the episode re-airs this Sept 26th at 9pm - so check your local listings if you want to tune in and check it out!

So, what do I get for world-wide Rev PR? ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else check it out? Had lots of SLKs, rev formation flying, and of course Michio trying to fly my kite ;) The shot with it up against the sun was me. It didn't look as bad as I thought it would either when Michio was delivering his lines and "flying" the kite.

I don't get the Science Channel unfortunately, but I did ask a friend to DVR the episode for me. Hopefully I'll get to see it soooooooon! :)

Edit: Interestingly enough, you can watch and buy this episode on Amazon for $1.99:

http://www.amazon.com/A-New-Solar-System/dp/B0043BY6ZW/ref=pd_vodsm_B0043BY6ZW

Edited by Aerochic

Anyone else check it out? Had lots of SLKs, rev formation flying, and of course Michio trying to fly my kite wink.gif The shot with it up against the sun was me. It didn't look as bad as I thought it would either when Michio was delivering his lines and "flying" the kite.

Drew,

Thanks for the "heads-up". I noticed Dennis, Laura, and of course you. One clip showed Michio holding the handles while also showing the lines going to the kite. I assume this was actually him flying for the 1-second clip as opposed to all the segments where you see either him holding the handles or the kite in the air.

One clip showed Michio holding the handles while also showing the lines going to the kite. I assume this was actually him flying for the 1-second clip as opposed to all the segments where you see either him holding the handles or the kite in the air.

It's hard to remember the specific clips, but the only times he wasn't really flying were when he was giving his lines and when it was just a shot of the kite up against the sun. The rest of the time (for the black and gold kite only) it was actually him. The wind was light and variable unfortunately - not the best conditions for someone who hasn't gotten the hang of holding the kite into the wind properly.