Pilot POV of the 64 kite mega-grid

bartman

I had an iPod on my cap. This is how I saw the grid from the bottom right corner.

It was quite the experience and the first time I had ever been involved in something like this. Previous to this week in Long Beach the most kites I've ever been in the air with was 11 or 12!

Everyone should try this!

Bart

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It wasn't too bad to set it up. Need a couple refinements to keep it more level and on the right side you can see some of the sleeve blocked the camera.

I still find it interesting to watch for some reason. Shows me what to work on for next time I guess.

Yeah, was scary. Everyone should do it!

Bart

Thanks.

Kite Cowboy (Paul) came up with an idea using a cheap iPod sleeve and some clips we had from some LED lights. Just clipped it to the brim of the cap at what seemed level (clearly didn't get that part dead on) and let it run.

Paul asked if my head was on a pole since there wasn't much movement. I say it was clear I really was focused on the task at hand!

Chopped out 45 minutes to get the end result. Glad I didn't forget it was on there and go take a leak.... Would have been a whole different kind of video! kid_devlish.gif

Bart