Frank Mots Kite Festival in Milwaukee

KiteLife

Hi folks,

Just gearing up to head to the Mots Kite Festival with iQuad in Milwaukee, WI on September 11-12, just over a week away...

Hope to see some of you guys there! smile.gif

I'm not sure of the "guys"... BUT, I'll be there!

Looking forward to an iQuad invasion! kid_loved.gif

Sorry Monk won't be there!

I thought I posted in this thread?!?!?!

I will be there (even if I have to push the car down the alley to sneak away) kid_smartass.gif

Hi Guys, and Gals,

Please come on out to Motts. It will be my first appearance since the birth of my now 5 year old Alex Joy.

I am looking forward to seeing my friends from past festivals, a few "phone" friends like Geno, and my Jynx. Cassie from New Tech and I will be doing battle. Whose giving odds :innocent:

Hi Guys, and Gals,

Please come on out to Motts. It will be my first appearance since the birth of my now 5 year old Alex Joy.

I am looking forward to seeing my friends from past festivals, a few "phone" friends like Geno, and my dudette Jynx. Cassie from New Tech and I will be doing battle. Whose giving odds innocent.gif

Dudette? Likey that!

But I'm staying out of the battle!

I, unlike the men, have learned to stay away when two women are fighting... Unless one is me! innocent.gif

Hi Guys, and Gals,

I am looking forward to seeing my friends from past festivals, a few "phone" friends like Geno, and my dudette Jynx. Cassie from New Tech and I will be doing battle. Whose giving odds innocent.gif

You just refuse to cross the Mississippi, don't you?

Darn, sorry to miss you Lolly. I'll be at another fest that weekend.

Mots is a great festival though, and I encourage folks to go. See Lolly, see iQuad, and even though they are dual-line, the Chicago Fire team is great to watch too.

(by the way, unless Lolly arrives there via the UK, she'll cross the Mississippi for this one. Just keep reeling her further east from there and you'll get out to the East Coast again)

Hey Yall

I was at Kites Over Lake Michigan on Labor Day Weekend and im looking forward to come to Milwaukee since i only live 2 hours away. Sadly I havent order my Rev yet (hopefully within 3 weeks).rolleyes.gif

Also, does anyone know where i can get a hotel room for a decent rate? I dont feel like wasting gas driving back and to Milwaukee. If you do know any THANKS!

Hey Yall

I was at Kites Over Lake Michigan on Labor Day Weekend and im looking forward to come to Milwaukee since i only live 2 hours away. Sadly I havent order my Rev yet (hopefully within 3 weeks).rolleyes.gif

Also, does anyone know where i can get a hotel room for a decent rate? I dont feel like wasting gas driving back and to Milwaukee. If you do know any THANKS!

If there are any IKE members at Mots you can probably borrow a kite. There's a lot more room to fly in Milwaukee than there was at KOLM. If you feel in the driving mood, do Mots on Saturday and on Sunday go on down to DeKalb,IL for their festival. PM me, and I'll bring some kites for you to fly there. Plenty of room to fly in DeKalb too.

Hey Yall

Just look me up, I'll have a Rev for you to fly...(see us at the "Lesson" area!) There will be so much going on, you may just want to bring a chair and watch the performers do their thing. I find that the festivals are more for watching and learning than actually flying, which can be done anytime, anywhere (conditions permit).

The host hotel is the Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown Lakeshore.

Oh well, looks like I'm not going to make it this year. sad.gif

I have some stuff to do with the kids while my wife goes to see her sister in the hospital today, and Sunday is booked with another event.

Oh Poop! IKE Dave made it up here! ...not the greatest weather... But the Greatest, nicest, funest pilots! ...and tomorrow looks like it's gonna be WINDerFULL! (Warm, sunny, and winds 7-15mph)!

iQuad and Zach Gordon rocked the Revolution World... and gave the spectators a real show in less than perfect conditions! Thanks guys (and gal)... (as well as to those 2-line guys and gals... I guess they call them dulies confused_1.gif ) ...kid_devlish.gif