WSIKF 2011

Theresa

A lost smaller. Micro, doesn't do it justice. Think Nano. The things wingspan was a foot or less if I remember correctly

It was absolutely tiny and was really, really fast turning and flying around. Felt way faster than any speed series - partly because of the scale involved and how fast it turned. Picture matchbox cars - they travel 300mph if they were scaled up to full size. It also required extremely tiny inputs on the handles. If I recall, the handles were bic pens or something like that.

Haven't found the pics yet.

It was absolutely tiny and was really, really fast turning and flying around. Felt way faster than any speed series - partly because of the scale involved and how fast it turned. Picture matchbox cars - they travel 300mph if they were scaled up to full size. It also required extremely tiny inputs on the handles. If I recall, the handles were bic pens or something like that.

Haven't found the pics yet.

Handles were tooth brush handles. they were a little too long though I think. And inputs were extremely EXTREMELY tiny. Like millimeters to fractions of millimeters tiny.

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Thank you!!! Bigger than I thought it was though. If you wouldn't mind, could you send me the all the images to my email. I'll see what I can do to clean them up with the software that I have.

Awesome! Thank you again!!

I want one of these.. Actually a few of these would be really cool to have.

I flew a small once in Cervia once. It was about 8-10 inches wide. Handles looked like the real thing, only miniature around 2-3 inches long. The guy said he didn't think I could fly because he couldn't. It was actually quite easy for me. This all was back around 2003.

I found a photo of the one I was talking about. It appears about 10" wider then what I stated at around 18-20".

I had the handles in my hands, but I cannot say that I flew it. :blushing: But I did try, I really did. I laughed so hard that I cried. Lots of fun, that mini. Fun yes. But do I want one, NO! Harder than :censored: to fly. CJ, aka exile, our resident novice, of course had no trouble with it. :kid_content:

AWESOME!!!!!!!! Thank you!!! Bigger than I thought it was though. If you wouldn't mind, could you send me the all the images to my email. I'll see what I can do to clean them up with the software that I have.

Awesome! Thank you again!!

I want one of these.. Actually a few of these would be really cool to have.

Yeah, you could fly a stack of these!! :lol:

Someone will have to work out the Rev-scale numbering for the size of the kite. I'm guessing that it's about a Rev-4 or Rev-5 on the Rev1-Rev 1.5-Rev 2 scale (unless it's a log scale . . . )

Mark - Neither CJ nor Katrina are the builder, but maybe they know what materials were used. I imagine the sail material is "normal" and the leading edge is probably normal (or smaller diameter) spar materials. I'll bet the end caps could be your "bic pen" end cap solution. Bridle is probably spectra.