WSIKF 2011

Theresa

I remember, thanks!

But, an all wheel drive "hover round" would be the way to go, maybe with an extra seat on the back. Someone could fly off the back seat all the way down main street...

-Alden

Alden

I don't know that they will let you run an ATV on the Bike/Walking path. Perhaps, but I doubt it.

This is an advertisement - and I appreciate that it might be removed (JB?).

For last minute WSIKF reservations, we can take a few. We will charge, since our bank account is being drained by over-buying "investment" property. (HAH - Fools are still born by the minute!)

This is what we can offer:

1 or 2 camp sites. Toilet and shower included (shared). $10/night.

1 Travel Trailer (max 25 ft) or Motor Home (max ?? - medium-ish size) $25/night. Full hookups plus toilet and shower (shared).

This is in Ocean Park, WA - about 15 minutes north of Long Beach. I'm pretty sure you will find these sites on a half-acre residential property quite nice and private. Plenty of parking. But you must supply your own equipment. :kid_smartass:

We will be in the area from Thurs (11th) thru Mon (22nd). During this time, internet access will generally not be available to us. Reach us at 360-870-8987 or 360-870-8986.

I hope this helps a few folks enjoy WSIKF. :w00t:

Wow, looks like we have definitely been moved up the beach... Out with "C", in with "Revolution". :)

I just mentioned to my son that you'll be there and that he could meet you. He wants to know if you will fly on Darkspark's dogstake rig while you are at WSIKF, because he'd like to see it in person. We plan to be there Wed-Sat.

I just mentioned to my son that you'll be there and that he could meet you. He wants to know if you will fly on Darkspark's dogstake rig while you are at WSIKF, because he'd like to see it in person. We plan to be there Wed-Sat.

I'll have the stake with me, for sure... Given dry conditions, it will get some use. :)

Wow, looks like we have definitely been moved up the beach... Out with "C", in with "Revolution". :)

WSIKFmap2011.gif

We got to Long Beach this afternoon and had a great day flying with Carol and Cass Pittman, John Farrell, Tom King and Jerry Rollins.

We are confused.

The Festival Map here on this thread shows the Rev field as being Field C

I am looking at the Festival Map in the 2011 Official Program, and it shows the Rev field as D.

Which is it? Since nothing seems to be scheduled for C, that must be it.

John? Anybody?

We got to Long Beach this afternoon and had a great day flying with Carol and Cass Pittman, John Farrell, Tom King and Jerry Rollins.

We are confused.

The Festival Map here on this thread shows the Rev field as being Field C

I am looking at the Festival Map in the 2011 Official Program, and it shows the Rev field as D.

Which is it? Since nothing seems to be scheduled for C, that must be it.

John? Anybody?

I am so envious :sly: I won't be there for another year. Save me a spot for next year as I hope to have a Truck & 5th Wheel by that time :)

Say Hi to Cass & Carol. Have not seen them since last year in June at Lincoln City.

Are you two going to be in Crescent City over Labor Day?? Andy & I can't wait to do some more Team Fly with the Master B)

We'll do what we can to occupy "C"... It's a more reasonable position for the Rev group I think, and indeed, there doesn't seem to be anything else scheduled.

Then we can potentially overlap into field "D" as needed, assuming it's not in use for anything else.

We'll do what we can to occupy "C"... It's a more reasonable position for the Rev group I think, and indeed, there doesn't seem to be anything else scheduled.

Then we can potentially overlap into field "D" as needed, assuming it's not in use for anything else.

The very best of luck to you all from me as well. Just two weeks now until Portsmouth and it's Revolution Arena!

Felix

I am so envious :sly: I won't be there for another year. Save me a spot for next year as I hope to have a Truck & 5th Wheel by that time :)

Say Hi to Cass & Carol. Have not seen them since last year in June at Lincoln City.

Are you two going to be in Crescent City over Labor Day?? Andy & I can't wait to do some more Team Fly with the Master B)

Brett

CC is a question mark for us this year. (We hate question marks.) Won't know for another week or so if we need to be home in Walnut Grove at that time.

Brett

CC is a question mark for us this year. (We hate question marks.) Won't know for another week or so if we need to be home in Walnut Grove at that time.

Hi Jim,

Are you still set for Berck in 2012? "EDIT Just checked with GC and the dates are not confirmed yet..."

Best wishes

Felix

• 2 weeks later...

Since Bart had a topic open on WSIKF, I thought I'd use it to say THANKS!!!!! to all of you that I met this week!!! The list goes on and on, but I'd like to thank Bart for rooming up with me and that made it possible for me to go for more than 1 day, like last year!! A HUGE THANKS to Amy and Connor for being such an inspiration and helping me see that indoor is doable! Thanks for showing me I can overcome obstacles and nothing is impossible!! And a special THANKS goes out to Katrina for helping me see that flying around and then with others is ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! Without that encouragement, I wouldn't know what I missed for so long!!!! And lastly on this list , a shout out and Thank you to our fearless leader, John B., who by just saying little things, hints here and there, kept prodding and poking, and with tools like the tutorials, showed me it can be done!!! Thanks, sir to you!!!

The list would go on and on, just let me say THANK YOU TO YOU ALL and hope to see everyone soon on some beach, somewhere!!!

To all wsikf attendee's......Thank you all for pic's , video's, and stories of the fun you had!!!(here and facebook).....HAPPY to see and hear what I missed!!!!!!!!!! rub it in, rub it inkid_cussing.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif ........

I will make it next year....wink.gif

and now that it is over , my order for a b-pro can be processed, and maybe bazzer will be at WORK...ha ha

.....................Thank's all..........

Eli........wink.gif

Here's a video link to the mega fly that we had yesterday! This was my first mega fly and I thank everyone who worked so hard to get me ready!

Congratulations to all the beginners at team flying who resisted their fear and stretched their skills to try the mega fly. This is a great opportunity to accelerate the learning curve. Once some confidence is built, it is a blast to participate. Wish I was there to join in the fun.

SERIOUS congratulations to everyone who was on the Rev field this past week...

We only did a couple of grid flies (one 16 and one 36), but what I DID see was three or four folks leading teams who hadn't really been in that position before!

For me especially, this is so wonderful to see... I specifically wandered around in the background quite a lot instead of leading, because this is very much what I was hoping for.

The more able callers we have, the stronger and more visible we are as a community, and more folks can benefit with these leaders stepping up. :)

Thank you, sincerely, well done!

==

Also, a VERY special hats off to Joe (8 years old) and David (7 9), both of whom jumped into REAL team flies and were doing 1x2x3's, balls and bursts, bangers and mash (weave + big top roll) and more... HOLY CRAP!!!

SO AWESOME. :)

==

I spoke with some of you about this, but to recap...

Next year, I'll be pushing very, very hard to get the Rev group into field B all week, directly adjacent to the main demo field.

It's a better location for us (bathrooms, festival, food, spectators, etc, etc), but I also believe it will be better for the festival as a whole.

If we can't get field B, I think I'll be moving us back down to the south end... I know this isn't ideal for some (especially competitors and folks who do other parts of the event), but I'm looking at the big picture here.

I'll keep you posted on this after I have some meetings with the organizers. ;)

What a GREAT festival!! I have to say we had a wonderful time meeting everyone during our 3 1/2 days in Long Beach and getting a chance to fly with so many great pilots.

Many firsts for us - first time I've been flying at a festival for more than a day, first time watching indoor flying, first time in a group fly larger than eight (once I got up the courage to say hello and join some groups), first time in a mega fly, first time flying in a (beginner's) precision competition, and first time my son (David) got to fly team with JB calling. By the way, he said I need to write his name on the kite he flew with you because now that is "his" kite and it's the one he'll fly from here on out. (also, he's 9 but that's OK).

Many thanks to everyone for your hints, helps, patience and guidance. Hope to be there again next year to see everyone I met and meet some more folks! When I asked my wife when they publish our school district calendar for 2012-2013, she said "you're trying to figure out if you can go back to WSIKF next year, aren't you?" (and she was right).

P.S. - just suggest they merge Field B, C, and D into one super giant rev arena :P . We practically took over all three fields most of the week anyway.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd much rather walk the entire wooden boardwalk to get back there then slog along in that deep sand from field C.

I can't see them giving up B as they use it for ascensions and comp stuff, but, we shall see!

As for everything else, ya, what JB said :D

Honestly, I'd much rather walk the entire wooden boardwalk to get back there then slog along in that deep sand from field C.

I can't see them giving up B as they use it for ascensions and comp stuff, but, we shall see!

As for everything else, ya, what JB said :D

My wife and I were in the Mass Ascensions. We never used B.

I do know they used B for dual comps.

They should and could easily move the Revs to B. The committee and the festival both win with Revs in Field B.