WSIKF 2011

Theresa

Good News, and bad news...

Good: I talked to management today. Since the contract that we had that was supposed to bring in aircraft in Aug. pulled out of, they are willing to let me take a little extra time off to come to WSIKF!!!

Bad: Last trip out to Portland put me in the hole with my funding. And there are rumors of paycuts coming at work, which will make recuperating money after all these trips even harder.

So I can go, but I might not be able to go. I have one more payday between now and then, hopefully I'll able to save enough money out of it to drive out there.

If I come, I'll be headed out of town on Wed, getting there on Thrus. Someone had sent me a PM offering to let me share their campsite with them, if you could please PM me again, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hope to see you all there!!!!

Good News, and bad news...

Good: I talked to management today. Since the contract that we had that was supposed to bring in aircraft in Aug. pulled out of, they are willing to let me take a little extra time off to come to WSIKF!!!

Bad: Last trip out to Portland put me in the hole with my funding. And there are rumors of paycuts coming at work, which will make recuperating money after all these trips even harder.

So I can go, but I might not be able to go. I have one more payday between now and then, hopefully I'll able to save enough money out of it to drive out there.

If I come, I'll be headed out of town on Wed, getting there on Thrus. Someone had sent me a PM offering to let me share their campsite with them, if you could please PM me again, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hope to see you all there!!!!

Yes...good news and not so good news!

I will e-mail the campsite info to you :)

Or...better yet....when you get to Long Beach....I'll make sure you know how to get there. I should have shown you on the map, when you were here last weekend!

Hope it all works out!

Hugs,

t

Unrelated, but does anyone have a copy of the DVD that comes with the b-Series package?

I had a copy and can't find it. I'd like to get another for a local guy here who is showing major interest in flying these birds.

If anyone has a spare they could bring along to part with I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bart

Unrelated, but does anyone have a copy of the DVD that comes with the b-Series package?

I had a copy and can't find it. I'd like to get another for a local guy here who is showing major interest in flying these birds.

If anyone has a spare they could bring along to part with I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Bart

Hi Bart,

I will have some with me at Long Beach :)

On wednesday the 17th, is the Grandparents fun fly.

If I remember right kids are matched up with a grandparent for the day and fly a kite together.

The kites are donated and go home with the kids at the end of the day.

I will be donating 2 kites again, so if anyone else who will be there by Wednesday morning wants to donate a nice new kite or 2, it will be appreciated.

The kites don't need to be expensive.

Does this sound about right T?

Ken

On wednesday the 17th, is the Grandparents fun fly.

If I remember right kids are matched up with a grandparent for the day and fly a kite together.

The kites are donated and go home with the kids at the end of the day.

I will be donating 2 kites again, so if anyone else who will be there by Wednesday morning wants to donate a nice new kite or 2, it will be appreciated.

The kites don't need to be expensive.

Does this sound about right T?

Ken

Yes, Wednesday is Kid's day! http://kitefestival.com/events-overview/wednesday/

So far I've collected about 45 kites for kids! And more on their way here. I hope to collect about 200-300. still a ways to go, so if anyone has anything to donate for the WKA Kids Day, PLEASE see me :)

Thanks Ken!

T

I know they have things scheduled for the other fields at certain times, but will the other fields be available when they're not in use?? Or do we go outside the "ropes" to have enough room for all to fly?? Might not be such a problem during the weekdays, but the weekend could be crowded!! kid_devlish.gif

Wow, looks like we have definitely been moved up the beach... Out with "C", in with "Revolution". :)

I think that it is very good news that the 'notion' of a Revolution Arena has been established and that there has been an opportunity to demonstrate why it could/should be a consideration for festival organisers.

I am hoping that the event at Portsmouth at the end of August 2011 will also demonstrate the reason for establishing such a facility and that it will be fully utilised in the intended manner.

Felix

I'm wondering the same thing as Wayne. How much space is this? Seems to me this wasn't a very large area last year.

Bart

It will get bigger if you fill it...

Go for it! Sorry not to be able to be there but travelling around the world is expensive.

Felix

Don't forget that their is an open flying area between the rev field and the water...

-Alden

[edit]not sure I would have called it an "open fly" areakid_devlish.gif [/edit]

Same situation at Berck Plage. It requires a certain determination to occupy it effectively. The Berck tide goes out further...

Felix