WSIKF 2011

Theresa

Planning ahead for next year already!

I made reservations for iQuad a month ago!

And a couple more units to boot :)

Good thing, because they're already booked up and it's a year away!

I suggest you make reservations now too....if plans change, you can cancel later if need be, but that won't happen will it?

What a great week!

It was great to meet everybody. And thank you to all who came up to The Kite Museum to hang out at The Kite Shoppe on wheels :)

I really missed being on the beach with everyone :(

I'll be working on getting us to a more centrally located field next year, close enough to enjoy the rest of the festival, but far enough to maintain our own sound system again... I think that was a real bonus, and ultimately necessary for the mega flies. :)

Who's the "they" that are already booked up?

Lot's of places are booked already. Most frequent attenders reserve their room as they leave. Our favorite is booked already for the week. We resereved our room as we left. Been doing that since 2003.

Some places are not, but a lot are already booked up for the week.

Glad you two could make it!

The WorldMark condo where we stay smile.gif

Not the yard where you camped with Terry, Mario and Josh. My friends said they will have room for you again next year smile.gif

T

I laughed so hard when I read this.

Thanks again for all your help and support. I get the feeling that you quietly facilitate a lot of successes related to this event.

• 5 months later...

Yes she does, Theresa makes a lot happen in the NW, through the ups and downs, she's been a rock for our community. :)

he he .....thanks John! :blue-love:

So far I have two 3 bedrooms (me + and iQuad), one 2 bedroom (Rev Riders)and now I just picked up one more 1 bedroom. It's up for grabs at this point. Sleeps 4 bodies max. $1200.00 for the week, 7 nights, in on Sunday out on Sunday. Location location location!! I need to rent this to pay my condo maintenance dues! So if anybody wants it, send me a pm or just call me ASAP :)If you haven't been there, here's a link to the condo: https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/lg/

Edited to say.....The one bedroom is GONE!

Edited by Theresa

• 3 weeks later...

Not the yard where you camped with Terry, Mario and Josh. My friends said they will have room for you again next year smile.gif

Theresa,

Please tell your friend we (Melanie, Laurel, and I) will be staying in the above mentioned yard, if that's still allright. I spent some tax return money today on 3 round trip tickets to Portland. The Tennessee Wind Militia will be at WSIKF!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all, first time on the forum. My wife and I plan to attend the festival for the first time this year. What suggestions do you have for lodging. Definitely want to reserve a room soon.

Looking forward to a great festival.

Well, I've never been there myself . . . . but there's always a 1st time (for me as well), thanks to frequent flyer miles.

I ended up using vrbo.com. Afterwards, I found this site, which has links to lodging for the area: http://www.funbeach.com/

The wife and I are looking at a nearby hotel with two beds, we may be able to book it and offer the second bed as a way to share costs. It would be available the whole week, (Sunday night to the following Saturday night, checkout Sunday morning) It is at a pet friendly hotel, and we will have Scotty, our Wheaton Scottish Terrier with us. He is a good puppy, and generally not too barky, but he will alert on people outside the room door on occasion. If you are OK with a dog in the room, PM me, the wife would love to know if anyone is interested.........

The wife and I are looking at a nearby hotel with two beds, we may be able to book it and offer the second bed as a way to share costs. It would be available the whole week, (Sunday night to the following Saturday night, checkout Sunday morning) It is at a pet friendly hotel, and we will have Scotty, our Wheaton Scottish Terrier with us. He is a good puppy, and generally not too barky, but he will alert on people outside the room door on occasion. If you are OK with a dog in the room, PM me, the wife would love to know if anyone is interested.........

PM sent

• 1 month later...