Berck 2011

Felix

For folks who are looking for accommodation round and about Berck here are a couple of websites for places near Fort Mahon that might help.

Fort Mahon plage is the next resort south of Berck - half an hours drive at

most. I've stayed at both these places on the outskirts of Fort Mahon for STACK Eurocups:

The Pierre & Vacances "village" just outside Fort Mahon. Smart holiday houses in a resort.

http://www.hotels.com/ho221058/pierre-vacances-village-belle-dune-fort-mahon-p

lage-france/

Le Royon camping/caravan site that has chalets to rent

http://www.campingleroyon.com/gb.html

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For folks who are looking for accommodation round and about Berck here are a couple of websites for places near Fort Mahon that might help.

Fort Mahon plage is the next resort south of Berck - half an hours drive at

most. I've stayed at both these places on the outskirts of Fort Mahon for STACK Eurocups:

The Pierre & Vacances "village" just outside Fort Mahon. Smart holiday houses in a resort.

http://www.hotels.co...ne-fort-mahon-p

lage-france/

Le Royon camping/caravan site that has chalets to rent

http://www.campingleroyon.com/gb.html

Which one had the paper sheets ? lol

• 3 months later...

As Berck is coming closer i would like to know who will be there and when ......

I will be there the 2nd week..

Hope to meet a lot of friends again and fly (together) a lot !!!!

See ya all there !

Marc/Madquad

Hi Marc,

Do you have special information here? I thought it was still a 1 week event. I hope to be there all week but the main team will only be there at the end of the week as with last year.

Felix

Well 16 till 25 april is confirmed as far as i know. (so allmost 2 weeks kid_smartass.gif)

I will be there 21 till 24 april so we will meet eachother there at the end of the week Felix.

Marc, 21st - 24th seems to be be the core of the event and I will certainly look forward to seeing you there.

If other fliers are able to attend the start of the event I would be very interested to hear from them.

Felix

In that case i've chosen the right period !

Hope to meet you (and others) there !

Best regards

Marc/Madquad

I look forward to meeting with you and your team again.

If there are rev fliers who are planning to be in Berck for the early part of the event please let us know...

Thanks

Felix

For folks who are looking for accommodation round and about Berck <snip>

I have just received an e-mail from Gérard Clément in which he appears to be saying that he does want to go ahead with an attempt at getting 100 fliers together at Berck 2011. He says that he has set up an accommodation 'hotline' with the tourist office and that anyone who wants to participate will be able to get accommodation booked for the event. I will have to check back with him as to the exact details and the points that I put to him when we met and discussed the possibility at the Bristol event last year. I hope to have more details soon.

Felix

WOW.....IN !!!!

I have said that it may be rather short notice. We had January - August for Long Beach <grins>

It would be extremely helpful if everyone could indicate their availability as soon as is possible so that we can get an idea if it is really viable!

Thanks

Felix

I have said that it may be rather short notice. We had January - August for Long Beach <grins>

It would be extremely helpful if everyone could indicate their availability as soon as is possible so that we can get an idea if it is really viable!

Thanks

Felix

I would love to come and I may be able to make it friday 15th to 25th - is it just access to the accomodation or is the accomodation paid for

if paid for is there food included

if you could clarify this it would help regarding budgeting to see if its a go or no go

Edited by BAZ

I would love to come and I may be able to make it friday 15th to 25th - is it just access to the accomodation or is the accomodation paid for

if paid for is there food included

if you could clarify this it would help regarding budgeting to see if its a go or no go

Hi Baz,

I do not think that accommodation would be 'paid for'. I am hoping that 'lunch on the beach' in the fliers tent may be covered but will have to wait to hear back from Gérard.

Felix

Hi Baz,

I do not think that accommodation would be 'paid for'. I am hoping that 'lunch on the beach' in the fliers tent may be covered but will have to wait to hear back from Gérard.

Felix

If you could post exactly what would be covered when you know i would appreciate it

sorry i'm not on facebook

can you put a link up that i can see

There is no additional information posted there. (EDIT Except the people posting their potential involvement!)

I will make every effort to make sure information is available at both locations as soon as I hear back from Gérard.

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

correct that..............now on facebook

Gérard has got back to me explaining that we need to confirm 100 fliers by the end of the month in order that he can proceed with the plan.

There would be a facility for participating fliers to book accommodation 'at their own cost' through the Tourist Office.

Felix

Gérard has got back to me explaining that we need to confirm 100 fliers by the end of the month in order that he can proceed with the plan.

There would be a facility for participating fliers to book accommodation 'at their own cost' through the Tourist Office.

Felix

sorry felix but i have to comment and this is NOT aimed at you - I know you are trying to make it happen

there were plans for this last year and people couldnt get rooms then !

it looks highly unlikely that there will be 100 rev fliers this year (especially as it is this late in the organising - it will be even later at the end of the month) so access to rooms for fliers will not likely occur

I am a willing "to participate" flier but it seems there is NO facility to book at my own cost

I thought this was a kite festival,where they encourage you to attend (at your own expense so you can add to the display and spectacle) - how can you attend if you cant get rooms,or should i say get access to rooms - planning takes time especially for people to get time off,organise finances and travel arrangements etc

people i know want to attend and did so last year,some gave up as they couldnt get rooms but seems most are stuck in a catch 22 situation,or bring your tent and try that !!!!!!

I for one have time available off work and have had for months and would gladly book RIGHT NOW

as a lone traveller this would be a fair expense and as such being PART of things with the other fliers ie in the vicinity of them would help

would i have this trouble trying to go to a festival in the UK

I THINK NOT

I will hold out a little longer to be PART of Berck 2011 but if things dont start falling in to place soon i will give up on Berck and look to the festivals that i can organise attending with ease

Yours hopefully

BAZ

sorry felix but i have to comment and this is NOT aimed at you - I know you are trying to make it happen

there were plans for this last year and people couldnt get rooms then !

<snip>

I will hold out a little longer to be PART of Berck 2011 but if things dont start falling in to place soon i will give up on Berck and look to the festivals that i can organise attending with ease

Yours hopefully

BAZ

Hi Baz,

In a nutshell, he is not going forward unless there are 100 fliers. If there are 100 fliers they 'will' be able to get accommodation booked 'at their own cost' through the Tourist office.

There is nothing more that I can do except possibly organise a count of people who are prepared to commit before the end of January. As a number of fliers and teams have already indicated that they would not be able to attend I am reluctant to raise hopes too high!

Felix

Why don't we try and get 100 flyers at Portsmouth as it's the festivals 20th anniversary.That gives 7 months to organise things

I think that this would be a 'possibility' but 'space' would be an issue.

Felix

EDIT I have sent a message to the organisers of the event

Edited by Felix Mottram