LE options

Lava_lamp

I notice a fair number of flyers prefer the 1/4" LE to the SLE and I would like to try a 1/4" LE for my 1.5. I was looking at using Skyshark until I read a post by Barresi recommending an EXP LE.

Is the 3-wrap LE included with the B-Series the same as the LE included with the EXP? The main rev site lists the span of the EXP as 92" and the 1.5 SLE as 91" If I were to order an EXP LE would I need to adjust the bungees?

Also, I think my next rev will be a vented and I like the B-Series version best. The 'wind range' and 'frame' section on the REV site seem to contradict each other and I cant work out if the B-Vented comes with both 3 and 4 wrap LEs or just the 4 wrap. Could someone who has one pass on what frame(s) it ships with please?

Thanks,

Victor

The EXP rods will fit in your SLE kite without adustment. The EXP rods are much better than the skyshark rods. The skyshark rods are too "bendy" and not as strong.

The 3 wrap spars are the same in the EXP and the B-series.

I would like some wrao help as well.

2 wrap frame = 0 mph to ? mph

3 wrap frame = ? mph to ? mph

4 wrap frame = ? mph to ? mph

It seems to be the objective to use the smallest frame you can get away with.

I believe you can even add 2 at once

3 wrap and 4 wrap = hurricane.

Lava Lamp.

We in UK have a rev team called the Revalations.

I asked the same question to them.

Thy told me thy were experimenting with 1.5 sails and different l/e rods.

The answer from them was that thy had swiched from EXP rods to SkyShark P200.

But my advice to you is go for the EXP rods and then a bit later get some P200 and try thoes out.

The SkyShark rods as a lot cheaper but i would still do as Mike advised and get EXP rods.

Derek

if the B-Vented comes with both 3 and 4 wrap LEs or just the 4 wrap. Could someone who has one pass on what frame(s) it ships with please?

Thanks,

Victor

The Vented B Series Package comes with 10 sticks, 1/4" in diameter. Five 3-wrap (labeled Ultra-light) and five 4-wrap (labeled Equipped).

Hope that helps.

Theresa

I completely disagree with Mike's assessment of the Skyshark tubes.

They are not too bendy and are as strong if not more so, than the Revolution products. They have to be cut down to match the sails, that's about the only disadvantage.

They come in a variety of strengths/plys and you can on occasion by Blemished Tubes for under $2.00 each! I use them in the leading edges as P-90's thru P-400's and the tapered spars are used on the down spar location. My preference for the down tube is a discountinued spar called a Response 12. I never switch these out regardless of the wind conditions, indoors or crankin' so bad the coast guard won't go out. They are sanded and finished ultra smooth, so less abrasion happens on the back of the sail, another huge benefit.

I've been using 'em for a over a dozen years and taught lots of lessons (nothing tests a kite's durability like a complete newbie).

KiteSquid uses a forty inch Skyshark tube for stacks of his famous baby Ryvs also. It's a two ply stick, so in higher stress conditions (big wind or as a twelve pack) we simply insert a point 125 carbon tube inside the first few p-200 skyshark tubes for extra reinforcement.

If you do invest in the Revolution tubes make certain you get 'em with a solid carbon ferrule,

the hollow ones can't take enough abuse for the little difference saved in weight.

I read this thread as comparing P200s with the 3-wrap EXP rod. The the P200 is much more bendy and more prone to breakage than the 3-wrap.

The P200 is roughly comparable to the Rev 2-wrap ("professional use only") rod. I haven't bench tested them, but when flying a kite with both rods, the P200 felt more flexible than the Rev rod.

The difference in retail price is a couple bucks. The only time I've found factory second skysharks they weren't finished correctly and they kept rubbing off black stains on my kites.

To each his/her own opinion and experience I guess.

Thanks for the info on the vented B Theresa !

I want to stick with the EXP rods for now - once I've brought ferrules and spent time cutting down the Skyshark it looks like it will cost the same as the revolution parts.

REVflyer - my SLE has hollow ferrules and I assumed this was the norm. Why are there two different versions and which is more common ?

Once you get solid control of the Rev, the hollow ferrules are just fine... None of the boys on iQuad have broken any, but we don't crash much. ;)

Just yesterday I had the 2 wrap from my sul in the regular 1.5.(short lines) I big gusts of wind from noware came up just as I was pointed down doing a 360. Man did that baby make a noise when it hit the ground. I was suprised that there is NO damage.

Works fine last long time. ;) I just checked and the 3 and 4 wraps I ordered are on the truck so I should have them today and I can start flying the proper LE for the wind.

I would like some wrao help as well.

2 wrap frame = 0 mph to ? mph

3 wrap frame = ? mph to ? mph

4 wrap frame = ? mph to ? mph

It seems to be the objective to use the smallest frame you can get away with.

I believe you can even add 2 at once

3 wrap and 4 wrap = hurricane.

2 wrap = 0 mph to 5 mph

3 wrap = 5 mph to 20 mph

4 wrap = 20 mph to a lot

These are just rough estimates. I could be right on, or freakishly off, but this is my best bet.