I Got A Problem

beach

Well I've been home 2 days now and I'm already going crazy......wacko.gif As most of you know I've been battling a huge foot problem that has come to a head

and to tell you the truth I can't walk hardly at all and it's got me down Family...blink.gif I wish I knew what to do cause the thought of a major operation has

got me down I'd rather they just take the foot off and give me a new graphite one....matrix.gif It's just got me down cause what would happen if I can't do this

any more...... If I have the operation I'm down for at least 4 months and it may not even work cause it's so bad and I let it go on so long, but I've been in

a huge amount of pain for over a year every day and now I can't even walk for long..... The huge amounts of Motrin I've been taking is now effecting my

liver and kidneys and my doctors said I've got to stop taking them of run the risk of other problems....angry.gif Yea this is becoming a huge issue and I'm not

sure what to do about it all...... Ben ( not a happy camper )bones.gifbones.gifbones.gif

Hey Ben - sorry to hear of your predicament. A few months off your feet will undoubtedly cramp your (kite) style, but if it sorts out the problems and gives you many, many more happy and pain-free seasons with kites in hand it sounds like it's a good investment. And it won't stop you getting all those phone calls - but maybe you just need to take the nice ones, rather than those that demand the reply "You want #what#? ...by @when@???!!!"

..there's a great Rev community here to pray for your complete recovery my friend! [Please keep us updated on any key dates...]

My bride is lookin' at a two year recovery from her ankle injury (Thanksgiving will be the 1st anniversary!) She's still in lovely plastic walking boot and can't drive her stick-shift yet, it's August now! I certainly can appreciate your walking agony and the dilemma of recovery time.

You need to think about your long-term health though Ben. Take the time off of your foot, do that darn surgery and heal it according to the doctor's instructions. (NOT the "Dantonio interpretation", where you follow less than 20% of their healing instructions and then get back on the road again). I know you'd rather burst into flames than follow their instructions,.... You have gotta' do it this time buddy or you'll be draggin' a bloody stub across the sand & grossing us out!

Wheelchair bound or M.I.A. for a few months?, . . . this should be an easier choice, if you'd carefully consider the long-term alternatives. Pain pills are only masking the real situation, time to pitch them and get into the doc's care.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that your foot problem has continued to deteriorate. That's a real bummer. Paul's got it right though, get it fixed. Four months? So what? You've got the rest of your life to plan for, not just tomorrow. Be as decisive about correcting the problem as you are about correcting problems with our Revs!!!!

Cheers mate,

Tom

Hugs Benny... big hugs..

You need to take care of yourself here hon...so there is NO question about this.. it needs to be done and you cannot cheat and be back on the road before your doc says..

If you have it done by the begining of november.... you can meet Connor and I in DC.. in March.. winks. Love you hon.

by the way.. hoping to be down that way soon.. lol .

Sorry to hear it is still ongoing Ben.

I am with the Guys above..

You NEED to get it sorted, take a back seat for a while, do what you are TOLD instead of what you think you have been told.

Mate, I LOVE you big time, but you just got to admit you aint the best at looking after yourself.

Time to put others in the background and yourself on top for a change.

We will all still be here for you, just wish I was closer so could offer some practical help, however I am sure you will be inundated with offers.

Main thing, just a the moment, you got to live within your limitations.

Guys, you just got to make him slow down a bit.

Ben, we want to be able to pester you for Years to come. To make that happen it is best you take a rest now.

Hey baby....

Major bummer!!!

You have delt with this long enough!! If threre's no way you can handle the pain, then it is time to take care of it!

Yes it sucks BIG time, a few months recovery is worth you getting better verses having some seriously major health issues because you opted to do nothing.

Find the best docs, get second and third opinions and then get it fixed.

We can help you out with your P.T. When it's time. Chances are, you'll be able to fly soon enough... Even if you have to sit in a chair.

We'll be there for you.

Xoxo

Edited by Love2fly

Sorry to hear about you being down in more than one way Ben. Hopefully your not as stuborn as I was until recently. Another fractured leg finally got me thinking. Like everyone here is saying. Do what you need to do for the long run. After 10 years now I've finally learned my lesson. Hope it doesn't take you that long.

Get well soon Ben.

Dean

Ben my brother,

Get your foot fixed up! Ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away. So it will take you a couple months to heal, you have been in pain longer than that and survived. Get the operation then shoot on up here to Vegas. We'll do some land sailing or something so you won't be away from the wind that much. I would rather you hibernate for a couple months than the alternative that could effect you the rest of your life.

If ya get fixed up, I'll give ya a quarter! :)

Hi Ben,

I'm sorry to hear about your foot. You always do the right thing for others. Now its time to do the right thing for you. You are more than a match for this challenge and you are in our thoughts. Be positive, have a speedy recovery - Get well soon Ben.

• Like 1

Hi Ben.

It hurts me to read this.

Bad news.....All i can say is GO for what's best for you at this moment and follow the advice of the docs.

You'll see you will get back even stronger !!!

Get well soon Big Friend !

Marc/Madquad

Hang In There

Hello, my friend; You’re on my mind,

Because you're somehow ailing,

But your response to any challenge

Has always been unfailing.

So I’m confident you’ll win again;

Hang in there, and you’ll see;

You’ll be back on top in no time,

Tackling life courageously.

Awwww Ben, I am So Sorry to hear what's goin on! :(:(:(

I'm afraid I'm in the camp of "have the operation and get it fixed". Four, even 6 months isn't all that much time in huge scheme of things and when it's all said and done you'll probably rebound with even more energy for flying! Sounds like you are out of options and stubborness just won't work here. Instead, use that stubborness and strong will of yours for your recovery phase...that's when you're really going to need that determination. You've gots loads of family here who won't keep you bored, that's for sure! Perhaps you'll dream up something big for the kite world while all of this is going down... Focus on the positive, my friend. <3

Ben, I echo everyone else s sentiments here!!! Mate, after what I've been through, just listen to the docs and take care of you for a while!!! A couple of months may sound like an eternity, but time flies by, and if it means you'll be well, then so much the better!!! We're not going anywhere, so do what you need to do, get over it, and come back better than ever!!! I know from experience, the sooner you take care of the problem, the sooner you can get back on the BEACH!!! Best Wishes!!!!!

Thank you one and all for the fine words I feel very loved after reading all the notes....blue_inlove.gif I get scared cause after Mary died I've been all alone in life but the

truth of the matter is I'm not alone I have all of you as my Family and together I'm sure we can get thru this also......blue_wink.gif So the plan is for me to make it to the

end of the season and then go in for the operation I guess, if I can't wait it'll happen faster.....kid_cussing.gif I'm not happy but I just can't go on like this for much longer

and the pain has gotten so very bad that I can't hardly stand it..... So tomorrow I'll make the appointment to go in and see the surgeon and we'll go from there

I guess and I'll make plans to operate in Dec. or sooner, no more games I'm going to get this fixed or removed cause I just can't go on like this for sure. I'll have to

miss some of the earlier year events but this way I can keep doing what I love.blue_cool.gif I feel that I have given a great deal of myself to this sport and the sport will

be okay without me for a few weeks if need be, the big question is will I be okay without this sport for a bit. When Mary got sick and later passed I kept my plate

full and was always on the road cause this sport meant so much to me and I felt that this was all I had in life and as some of you know there were times where

I was not okay heath wish or in spirit but I put on my game face and did what ever it took. So now I guess this is God's way of saying you need to take care of you

for awhile and understand that things will be okay. So as the time passes I will keep everyone informed on whats going on and take it a bit easy till I get this fixed,

before I close I'd like to thank you all for all the kind words and phone calls and to say that " I love you guys one and all and I'm very proud to call you Family ".....

Benblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gifblue_cool.gif

Ben,

Think LONG-TERM. Do that which will make you strongest and most agile ten years from now!

Ten years from now, you will still be years younger than I when you introduced me to Rev flying at Lincoln City.

What I am trying to say: get yourself healthy - you are still a YOUNG man. The kite community can live without you actively flying for some months, but not forever. Once healed, you will bounce back within a few more months, I am SURE! Take the time to heal physically. You still have many of the best years ahead of you.

-Wishing you Good Health and Fair Winds.

Ben,

I do love you like my own family. (MORE than a lot of them, lol)

Just say the word and I'll come out there and spend time with you while you are recovering.

I truly understand rehab because I've been told twice in my life that I would never walk again and both times I told those doctors F%@* You. That's the attitude you have to have....and you do because you are such a fighter. I can help you get into all sorts of mischief.....those therapists and rehab doctors will be afraid to turn their backs on you!!!! Let me know when you want me to hop on a plane out there....I mean it!!

Huge Hugs,

Melanie