JB Pro

jontee07

Question

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to get JB pro. There are a few questions I need to know before get one.

1. What is the material use for JB Pro?
  2. What is the different between JB Series and JB Pro?
  3. What is the weight between JB Series and JB Pro?
  4. What is the price between JB Series and JB Pro?
  5. Can I choose the spars for JB Pro?
  6. What type of spars need for high and low wind?
  7. Does it come with RTF?

Hope to get all the answers that I need to know. Thank You in advance for all the help.

Hi Guys,

I'm planning to get JB pro. There are a few questions I need to know before get one.

1. What is the material use for JB Pro?
  2. What is the different between JB Series and JB Pro?
  3. What is the weight between JB Series and JB Pro?
  4. What is the price between JB Series and JB Pro?
  5. Can I choose the spars for JB Pro?
  6. What type of spars need for high and low wind?
  7. Does it come with RTF?

Hope to get all the answers that I need to know. Thank You in advance for all the help.

What is the material use for JB Pro? Icarex

What is the different between JB Series and JB Pro? JB Pro Custom hade made by Bazzer for Rev.

What is the weight between JB Series and JB Pro? hmmmm...I never weighed them.....

What is the price between JB Series and JB Pro? Rev's minimum Retail price is: JB Kite only is $286.00 JB Pro std kite only is $345.00

Can I choose the spars for JB Pro? Yes

What type of spars need for high and low wind? Low=2 wrap / high=4 wrap

Does it come with RTF? Some places offer line in the JB Package. TKS does not because we feel each flyer should choose their own weight and length, thus making too many variables for a 'RTF Package'. However, you may always add line as an option and each set is made by hand:

http://www.thekiteshoppe.com/categories/Kite-Line/90%23-Quad-Sets/

The JB Pros are sold as Kite Only. http://www.thekiteshoppe.com/products/Revolution-1.5-B-Pro-Standard-Kite-Only.html You can always add your choice of line.

Hope this helps!

Theresa

TKS

here on the island we generally run with race and 3 wrap ... that combo seems to be most versatile covering most wind situations ... for ballistic winds double up race and 3 together

i think that until a pilot is thoughly hooked on flying ....the std b series are the best kites to begin with .... Bazzer's pro series are the ultimate but a pilot might feel some emotional damage when they crash their Caddillac into the ground as they learni to fly ... just my opinion , as in every thing budget is paramount :) :) :) :) :)

Welcome to the darkside

cheers

Terry

ISLAND QUAD

Edited by terry w
  • Like 1

Reading this makes me feel bad about buying a 1.5 sle !! Am I missing that much?? :kid_brooding: I realize the JB pro is a top of the line design, but is there so much difference between the kites?? May be I haven't developed enough skills or something!! I will say my 1.5 vented has made a huge difference in my desire to fly Revs again, since my stroke I was afraid of the pull my older Rev 1 developed!! Now the vented gives me so much more control!! :kid_content: So other than materials, is there sooo much difference between kites?? confused_1.gif Sorry JB, not to question your skills as either a pilot or designer, just want to know if it's my lack of skills or is there more to it! I will say that I haven't had the pleasure of flying either JB design to compare the with my sle, maybe that's the problem, nothing to compare!! :kid_loved:

Edited by stroke victim

You should never feel bad about the kite you just bought, . . .... it's not like you won't wear it out and get another one, soon enough. You can always sell your old one now to someone who needs a break and take on another for yourself if you hate the darn thing loudly at every opportunity. Many of started with these kites when they were of lesser build quality (than what's available currently) I spent my first two years chasing a backtracker!

I see no reason to jump right into that Ferrari for your first trip downtown, heck a bus will get your there fine and it is a lot cheaper. Enjoy the view, smack a few parked cars around or back-up over a trash can! What happens if you suddenly turned into a bridge barrier? When you know how to drive a little better you can go on to the expert's stuff with aggressive confidence.

If you do this REV activity long enough the price of that Ferrari (Pro-Series or a masterpiece kite in this case) will seem pretty insignificant based upon your level of enjoyment and satisfaction with it.

In our local kite club we advise new members NOT to buy any kites for that entire 1st year. Learn on OPKs and determine what aspects of kiting get your blood pumping. Knowing what you want and having enough experience to spell it out on your order form, . . . then you'll have a kite that the rest of us have lined-up for!

From the spectator's viewpoint there's no difference between the models, they are all quads, that's unusual enough for most of witnesses!

Honestly, with enough experience you can fell the uniqueness between the different models, yes, right out of the shipping container. There's no hurry though, this is supposed to be about fun. You are way better off than the old timers. We didn't have each other to help or answer questions, no videos to watch, no other fliers around to share techniques or modifications with once you knew what the heck you were doing.

Thank you for your ideas and comments!! :) I've edited my original post some, but i was afraid I was missing some of the fun others were enjoying by getting a B series!! Thanks for reinforcing my decision !!! I almost forgot about the fun aspect and was getting lost in the technical side!! Thank you for reminding me -- It's all about fun!!! The pull of the DARKSIDE had me, lost focus!! PS: bought a race frame for the 1.5, hope to add to the fun factor!! :kid_content: PPS: Started on a Backtracker too!!

Edited by stroke victim

<snip>

We didn't have each other to help or answer questions, no videos to watch, no other fliers around to share techniques or modifications with once you knew what the heck you were doing.

Complete resonance there. Learning to fly the Rev1 in light winds I discovered 'long arms' which subsequently apply very well to the 1.5s and speed series.

Felix

Thanks everyone for the comments. From what I see, I think I will get race rod when I order JB Pro. Btw my location wind, usually average 1-3mph but there is time when it can goes to 5-8 mph. So that is the reason why I ask on which spars for suitable for low and high wind.

Really temped to get JB Pro soon. In the meantime, I have to train my rev skill on my SUL.

Jonathan,

Singapore is on the other side of the world from me, but it sounds like you have our local conditions in your community too. Send me a PM if you want more specific information on low wind. Around Washington DC, 40% of any calendar year you will need indoor/SUL equipment or you'll watch others fly. We call it indoor flying with an unlimited ceiling <HA!>

If you already own an SUL then your next new kite should be the pro series, . . . it should be a mid-vent though (still with the race frame). You're ready for that Ferrari when you can keep the SUL in the air cleanly in challenging conditions. The time is well spent in low wind sessions, learning the "long arm/flailer" techniques and mastering your equipment. Oh how you'll smile with that first flight (in the mid-vent's proper wind range)!

You can always swap-out the bridle if you need a new REV experience on the cheap. Try the French Bridle from Crazy Drivers kite team. It's like a whole new kite, more precise in flight, same old speed capabilities but a lesser wind-window size,... it's all good!!! This bridle change can be executed for a lot less cost than the price of a new kite + shipping. AND you'd save the original bridle in case you ever wanted to switch back later on.

-paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information. I still thinking of getting JB Pro std as I dun think the wind here in Singapore need mid vent. BTW, may I know how to learning the "long arm/flailer" techniques. Still not good in my rev flying, kinda of out of control when there is low wind.

May I know where to get the French Bridle from Crazy Drivers kite team? I'm still new to this hobby.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Jonathan

If the winds are anything like in KL where the winds are normally very light, then a JB Pro might be ideal because it flies in lighter winds then the JB standard.

Another thought would be the Zen but then you would be fairly well restricted to the lighter winds. Zen is designed for even lighter winds then the JB Pro.

For the French bridle, try to Google it. revo french bridle

Some pages are in French.

Hi Long John,

Thanks for the information. Actually I also thought of Zen, but the wind range is not so wide so drop that idea. I found the Fench bridle layout, it looks complicate to me to do this bridle. Is there any place where selling this type of bridle or have to DIY?

Edited by Jonathan

maybe we could convince the factory to sell the french bridle option, right now it's do it yourself though. It takes a lot of time, but worth the trouble in my case anyway. You measure out each leg, one at a time with a ruler and use 100# hi-test bridle line, so you can untie and retie until it comes out perfectly. This a long afternoon love affair with your kite, not a ten minute quicky field change-over.

Would anyone else by interested if we can convince Ben/Lolly?

I have dozens of Revolution products, making these bridles is possible, but I'd rather pay for 'em, all assembled and ready to install, complete with fool-proof directions!

F. Bridle:2- 2010.pdf

Edited by REVflyer

Team Crazy Drivers came up with it, I am just passing it along (as was done for me ~ on this forum too!),

I recreated the diagrams and assisted with detailed instructions in case it becomes commercially available

(it's small contribution but all I could offer in expertise).

Hi Guys,

I have ordered a Hot Fade Black Center Standard with race rods. Hope I made the right choice in getting this kite. Any tips to check when the kite arrives at my side?

excellent choice, even if I do say so myself!

I have 4 of Bazzer's creative efforts in that color combination now, none any sweeter than the Zen in my local conditions, (at least during the dog days of summer!)

post-92-128162043826_thumb.jpg