New Rev flier in Minnesota

DMurr76

I'm a new rev flier. Just got my B-series kite a couple weeks ago. First time with stunt kites, my background is with single line.

I've gotten out for a couple of flying sessions. Learned a lot in both. The first was moderate winds and was able to hover a little bit, mostly worked on launching and getting used to everything. My last session was very low winds, but again I learned some things. Put in the 2 wrap spars and noticed the difference. Much harder time with hovering in low winds.

I'm looking forward to spending more time and learning how to fly. So far it's great.

Dean

Welcome to the forum and the darkside.If I can give you one piece if advice......

Try and fly with other rev heads.Your learning process will happen much quicker.There are loads of festivals

over there,try and get to one or two,it will help with your flying,and you will make a ton of friends.Other than that

the immortal words with rev flying.....

practice,practice,and practice some more....

other than that,just enjoy yourself

Hi Dean-

Welcome to the Dark Side.

Sounds like you've got a "handle" on things!! ;)

Like dazlarsen suggested: Practice, practice, practice.

... oh and did I mention... PRACTICE!!

Don't forget to have fun... which it's easy to do.

Any questions, please feel free to ask; everyone, here, is friendly and eager to help.

If you can meet up with other flyers, it will benefit you greatly! It is worth driving a few or more hours if there's a festival in a reasonable distance.

All the best.

Dean! Stop what you're doing right now. Put the kite down and walk away slowly - no sudden movments. Stop before it's too late. The rest of us are trapped here in the "darkside". We were like you once. We got our first Rev, learned to fly it, then it happened.... we bought another one....then another one.... then another..... you know. Heck, I bet half of us have one ordered right now. See...It will never end! So get out NOW!! To make it easy for you I'll even offer to buy your Rev before you get too attached to it. SEE WHAT I MEAN!!! I need more Revs! MAKE IT STOOOOOOOOPPPP!!

Ok, sorry for the breakdown....I'm alright now. Oh yea, WELCOME to the DARKSIDE!!!!

You will never look to the sky the same again.......What's it doing outside? I can see the trees moving...there's just enough wind. Where's my Rev? Let's GO !!!!!

Jinx is from the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area. A couple of big events are coming up.... Sept 4-5, Two Rivers,WI (about 1.5 hrs north of Milwaukee), and Sept 11-12 in Milwaukee -the MOTS festival. Check the AKA website calandar page for more details. Team iQuad will be at the MOTS fest and Team 180GO! will be at both events. If it's not too far, you should try to make it to one of them. Look for the guys in the red shirts, IKE members.

Rev UP!

Dayton David

Welcome to our family!!! You will and can find all sorts of info on this forum! Don't be afraid to ask if you can't find what you need on other posts! Everyone here wants to make your flying experience better!! Have fun and practice, practice, practice some more!! You will get better!!!! :)

Thanks everyone. I'm thinking about going to MOTS this year and will checkout the Rev flying. I was fortunate to meet John and Ben at last year's AKA convention in Rochester, MN. Watching them was my first time seeing what amazing things these kites can do. I saw 180 GO! in February at Color the Wind in Clear Lake, IA. They did a great job.

Anyway I'm looking forward to learning to fly mine and have some fun. There are a few Rev fliers in the Twin Cities I know. Hope to see some at the Flying Colors Festival in Bloomington, MN in August.

• 1 year later...