Rev gets newpaper coverage in Alaska

syntaks

Well...Not *REALLY* ... but me and my kite helper were interviewed in the Anchorage Daily News, our newspaper here on Friday. The rev just "happened" to get a couple shots in because we made sure of it...lol

The hardcopy photos are HERE

The online video version (better stuff) is HERE

Then yesterday we were on the local CBS TV news. They caught us before we set up for flying, so no kite shots. You can see the short (10 O'Clock version) HERE.

Now that she's getting celebrity status, she is renegotiating her kiting contract. Funny how that happens... We have been on a crusade against loose dogs up here. They always want to run through the rev lines...

--TaK

Edited by SynTaks

Awwwww. What a cutie! :D Does she watch you when you fly?

She does EVERYTHING with me. If I leave her sight for more than 10 seconds, she throws a duckie fit. Being 3 months old, I can't really blame her...besides, she shows me that someone needs me...lol

Most of the time, she tries to eat the little ends on the line sheathing, but yeah...she watches me fly. She has even had a run-in or two with the rev...lol.

She helps me run out my lines, and I'm working on a way to strap her inna basket on really windy days, put a coat hanger hook on the wingtip of my shockwave and move her around using the kite...it would be the only way she could fly...

;)

--Tak

Hello Anchorage kite flyers smile.gif

Two years ago we visited Anchorage, and on the cab ride from the airport to the railroad station, I happened to glance down a side road and saw someone flying a B-series (can't remember what colour) which made me smile ... all the way from the UK to Alaska and one of the first things I see is a Rev cool.gif

It could have been you!

Hezz

P.S. Loved the scenery, mountains, trees, lakes, rivers and midnight sun (in June). Rather concerned to see a notice in the hotel lobby warning of a bear roaming around the parking lot blink.gif (he must have hid well cos we never saw him)

[/color]

Same the world over....we're fighting a losing battle.

The only thing I'll say is that instead of dogs running through your lines, substitute that for kids coming over to pet the duck now kid_smartass.gif

Well done on the TV spot.....jez the amount of TV time Revs are getting these days. Amazing!

Chris

Because of the duck coverage, I now have arranged with the TV station to do a full story on people ignoring the leash law here. I will be doing most of the video for that.

The biggest problem is that, in the park we fly in most, there are 5 entrances. The 2 least used have a sign (with 1.5 inch lettering) and the ones most used don't. People see others with loose dogs and think it's okay.)

We have our problems with kids doing that, but generally, I run out surveyors tape from the stake to the kite for visability, and that works MOST of the time. We're still waiting for someone to make colored lines...lol

--TaK

Hello Anchorage kite flyers smile.gif

Two years ago we visited Anchorage, and on the cab ride from the airport to the railroad station, I happened to glance down a side road and saw someone flying a B-series (can't remember what colour) which made me smile ... all the way from the UK to Alaska and one of the first things I see is a Rev cool.gif

It could have been you!

Hezz

P.S. Loved the scenery, mountains, trees, lakes, rivers and midnight sun (in June). Rather concerned to see a notice in the hotel lobby warning of a bear roaming around the parking lot blink.gif (he must have hid well cos we never saw him)

That would probably have been John or Bob, as they fly at parkstrip downtown a lot more than we do...too much wind shadow if it's not straight from the west there, but you never know. Now that we started the kite club a couple years ago and my better 3/4 and I have been out a lot, (I fly every day, since it is my physical therapy) I know there are a lot more rev flyers up here. It pretty much just used to be Bob, John and me.

We lived in a log cabin (really...the grizzly adams type) for the first 4 years in Bearflanks (aka Fairbanks) and I never once saw a bear. We moved to Anchorage 3 years ago and I've literally run into 2 of them here in the city. Weird how that works.

--TaK

A friend and I thought about spraying 3-D paint on our lines at festivals and handing out glasses before anyone could go out on the beach!!

I sure wish that would work. We have used red sharpie, but it doesn't last long and doesn't really help anyway.