Rev Cam!

Ant-

Branching out from another thread, at the weekend I managed to attach a tiny Key Fob video camera to my Rev. The initial results can be seen here: http://www.vimeo.com/13463554

(sick bag recommended).

Since then I've constructed a more sturdy mount from PolyMorph (wonderful stuff!!) and a cable clamp which should allow it to point straight froward from the leading edge.

Here's the camera in its new mount

post-2184-127964792501_thumb.jpg

Here's some picture of the mount and attachment

post-2184-127964788695_thumb.jpg

post-2184-127964790362_thumb.jpg

Hopefully I should have some more footage at the weekend...

Ant

Branching out from another thread, at the weekend I managed to attach a tiny Key Fob video camera to my Rev. The initial results can be seen here: http://www.vimeo.com/13463554

(sick bag recommended).

Ant

Any chance you are both going to be in Portsmouth?

Ant

Now that is COOL!

confused_1.gif Did you notice any kite function/handling problems?

Interested in seeing more from you!

Now that is COOL!

confused_1.gif Did you notice any kite function/handling problems?

Not really - the wind was a bit up & down so it was hard to tell but the whole caboodle only weighs 22 grams

Any chance you are both going to be in Portsmouth?

Possibly - haven't got that far arranged yet, but we've missed out on most of the fests this year due to family commitments so it would be nice to get down

Ant

(sick bag recommended).

________________________________________________________________________________

WOW - Nice video - What a concept

I didn't need the sick bag but that feeling must be what you get flying a jet when you go inverted.

Bruce

Wobbly

I looked on ebay for your key-ring camara, and theres about 500 sellers blink.gif

Could you be a bit more specific about the model No, or a link to the seller you used please.

Cheers

Derek

Same here!

Anxious to try that cam stuff out too!

Wobbly.

I looked on ebay for your key-ring camara, and theres about 500 sellers blink.gif

Could you be a bit more specific about the model No, or a link to the seller you used please.

Cheers.

Derek.

Hi I am sorry but you have jumped to the wrong conclusion, I did not say that I filmed this masterpiece merely that it was filmed at Holland Haven, my only part in the video is that I was one of the Quad pilot's trying to hold a kite still in the air, I put the link up to give people an idea of what is possible when a kite/camera combination is in the hand's of a master flyer/camera operator

I'll dig out the link for the place I bought mine - was very cheap. Delivery was about 2 weeks from the far east. I souced a memory card locally due to the number of counterfiets available from shady sellers...

Ant

I ordered three from three dif' shops.

Got my first one and, mmmmmmm

Photo works, but video dont work. Its all gittery and steppy. kid_cussing.gif

So if return postage is too much, it will go in the bin censored.gif

Derek.

Make sure you are using at least a class 4 SD card to be fast enough to record the video stream. Juddering is a common issue with slower cards. Not sure what you mean by glittery though...

Ant

Hello Ant  :)

Yes, im useing a Transcent 4GB, class 6  card so that should be ok.

Its hard to explain but.

If you can imagine panning around a room, the vid should be nice and smooth.

Well, on mine, it jumps, just as if you had flicked the camera, instead of moveing it smoothly.

The sound jumps too. Remember years ago there used to be a comic on telly, and he would talk into a mike, and he made it sound as if the mike was faulty, and he used to miss words out, well my sound is like that.

Anyway ill let you know how my other cameras get on when thy come.

Derek.

Update.

My second camera came today, and it was just like the first  :kid_cussing:

Off hand i tryed my cable from my Canon PowerShot, which by chance fits the rev cams.

And now both rev cams work ok  :).

So its nothing to do with the cameras; its the cables to connect to the computer thats faulty

Wufer happy now  :lol:.

Derek.