Portsmouth anyone?

darknight

What a great weekend. As ever its all over too quickly, but there is always the memories and those good times spent with old friends and new. Many thanks too everyone i flew with and the warm welcome to us northerners (who apparently live in the dark). Hope to see everyone again soon.

Edited by sponsored flier.

What a great weekend. As ever its all over too quickly, but there is always the memories and those good times spent with old friends and new. Many thanks too everyone i flew with and the warm welcome to us northerners (who apparently live in the dark) tongue.gif

I have to say I was impressed with how many of you made the effort to travel so far South ... even some from as far as North of Winchester and the lands beyond (sorry my maps get a bit vague after there) .... hope the modern technologies like Electricity and sanitation wernt too confusing for you kid_devlish.gif

OK OK in all seriousness ..... Great weekend wish I had made the Monday but there was a 'domestic' in progress at our house hope you all make it next year and bring some more Northerners with you ...

Hi,

Many thanks to all of you putting up with me, a new flier, over the weekend. It was good to put faces to the names that I have read here. I really enjoyed myself and spent almost all of my time in the rev arena, even if I was late start starting each day (thanks for noticing Chris) except Monday.

Thanks to those who gave me a few pointers over the weekend. I was still rather intimidated but by Saturday afternoon felt able to fly within a few metres ( yards)of the other fliers rather than standing 20-30 metres away which was how I flew on Friday. I think that over the weekend I have trebled my flying time and noticed thinks starting to become easier - except the figure of 8's.

I look forward to flying with you again and hope to get good enough to join in a grid next year - providing I stop translating many of the rev figures into square dance terminology.

Cheers

Stephen

Hi all, just wanted to add my thanks to the organisers for letting us have so much of their valuable space. It is a big thing and is appreciated.

Nice job to all of you in the mega team, I was really impressed by the can do attitude of the group especially from those fliers who had not done this sort of thing much or indeed at all. I think we are nearly ready for a choreographed Grid Routine. Any volunteers to write it David?

I was sent this picture from Phil a Rev flier who was watching. It is my favourite so far of the Revosaurus. Thanks Phil.

post-27-128327721975_thumb.jpg

I think we are nearly ready for a choreographed Grid Routine. Any volunteers to write it David?

Funny you should mention that sir - I'd been thinking much the same. Perhaps it's a project for the post-festival period and then something we could play with if/when we get a winter-gathering together. Dunstable perhaps?

• Like 1

Funny you should mention that sir - I'd been thinking much the same. Perhaps it's a project for the post-festival period and then something we could play with if/when we get a winter-gathering together. Dunstable perhaps?

And there I was, just thinking, as I was cycling home, how we were just getting to the point of giving the 'moves' some 'names' and stringing them together! I wonder if it would be good to start with a 'super sixteen' format as in the pre-Bristol 2008 and WSIKF 2010 examples?

Felix

Hi all, just wanted to add my thanks to the organisers for letting us have so much of their valuable space. It is a big thing and is appreciated.

Nice job to all of you in the mega team, I was really impressed by the can do attitude of the group especially from those fliers who had not done this sort of thing much or indeed at all. I think we are nearly ready for a choreographed Grid Routine. Any volunteers to write it David?

I was sent this picture from Phil a Rev flier who was watching. It is my favourite so far of the Revosaurus. Thanks Phil.

He He twas fun playing with the dino !! smile.gif A great weekend thanks all

Thankyou to every one for making it a great weekend, having a designated Rev arena was a bonus and is something I believe other festival organiser's are looking into for the future, special thankyou to jonesey for organising the weather, helps to have friend's in high places smile.gif

Just to echo previous comments what a great weekend. Good to meet old friends and make new ones.

The mega fly's on Saturday & Sunday were great fun

Having the dedicated arena made the 500 mile round trip worth while, many thanks to the organisers for providing it, hope some of the other big festivals take notice & follow Portsmouth.

Hope to see you all sometime soon.

Dave

Ok, 3rd and last time....

New version of the video up - fixed the date, fixed the music... and added some small segments of revcam - but unfortunately the alignment was out so it wasn't pointing at the team like it should have been. I was still attaching it when the display started!

http://vimeo.com/14591953

Ant

Sorry I didn't get any of 'The Flying Squad Vs the Dino' ...imagine someone did?!....pictures are nice but would really love to see video.

I've got a couple of short clips of the Revosaurus and a few other things around the show - that's the next job!

Ant

Sounds good:) And of course, the reply is: You call it and we'll fly it!

In all seriousness, I think it's a natural next step and should be explored this winter. Hope to see you all soon!

Excellent videos Chris thanks for posting them.

When is the Rev weekend in Ireland?

Dave.

The back garden of the Irish Museum of Modern Art (IMMA) looked a little more 'thistle free' when I saw it recently as opposed to the first time we were there.

Maybe someone should talk to E.J. <grins>

Felix