Portsmouth anyone?

darknight

I hope to be at Portsmouth and as early as pos.

and would like the chance to fly team , maybe if space allows, a nursery for newbies to assess our skills kid_content.gif

fungus

That's a good idea, also another use for the dedicated Quad area.  When the "teams" are displaying those a little nervous can get together for some fun.

No doubt Jonesy & Yarna will be up for a few friends to play with and can lead the way 

You know us too well, Simon :) I'm really looking forward to it too! Are you guys coming down for Friday afternoon? I'm thinking I will pop over to Portsmouth straight from work on Friday to see who's around ...

No doubt Jonesy & Yarna will be up for a few friends to play with and can lead the way

Well, we have managed to get a REV Arena for Portsmouth, it is in the same place as the Rev Arena was in 2008 (down by the bouncy castle) However..... The Rev Arena will be quite close to the tail of the Dinosaur (see previous post) , so it might not be quite rectangulat in shape, with a bit of a dog leg around the dinosaur's tail -thats one sentence I never thought I would write!

A Dinosaur with dog's leg's ? don't remember seeing that one in my Ladybird book of Dinosaur's, talking of Ladybird's we had to fly through a swarm of them at the weekend and I can report that 999,999 out of a million prefered Daz's Lime/Black B serie's, could hardly take off !! smile.gif

Edited by Wobbly

That's a good idea, also another use for the dedicated Quad area. When the "teams" are displaying those a little nervous can get together for some fun.

Ideally, the dedicated Quad area should be fully utilised on a rotating basis by all levels of fliers. <grins>

However, there will probably not be space to accommodate absolute beginners as in a practical sense they would probably need exclusive use of all of the space available...

Felix

As a very new flier I would be grateful of any assistance that could be given.

The Ultrasaurus is placed quite close to the road and is roughly in the area where the Brighton Kite Fliers usually set up camp. It is much nearer the Static arena. If the rev arena is past the static arena then it will not interfere. I forgot to drive down to see if the Ethiopian restaurant is still there.

managed only a couple of photographs, my daughter was taking pictures of my wifes delta whilst I had landed on the Ultrasaurus. Then there were too many people and a Gazebo suddenly appeared in right in front of me as about 10 families started a barbecue. I was not able to get close enough to land again once I moved out of the way and my parking time was up.

I have not worked out photo links yet. The Ultrasaurus seems to be very popular especially with the children.

I intend to be a Portsmouth and hope to fly so If you see someone walking around with a kite bag it will probably be me getting up enough nerve to ask for help. I have Friday off work as well if anyone is coming early.

Cheers

Stephen

Ask Daved E and Sailor how good I am at crashing thier kites, wouldnt want the reponsibilty for taking the whole grid down :)

Chris,

Would you be able to look after the arrangements for the arena? This is possibly a bit more than 'ground crew' and I appreciate that you may only be there on the Sunday.

It would be great to have someone 'run the field' on both days...

Please let me know what you could do in this respect.

Thanks

Felix

As a very new flier I would be grateful of any assistance that could be given.

The Ultrasaurus is placed quite close to the road and is roughly in the area where the Brighton Kite Fliers usually set up camp. It is much nearer the Static arena. If the rev arena is past the static arena then it will not interfere. I forgot to drive down to see if the Ethiopian restaurant is still there.

managed only a couple of photographs, my daughter was taking pictures of my wifes delta whilst I had landed on the Ultrasaurus. Then there were too many people and a Gazebo suddenly appeared in right in front of me as about 10 families started a barbecue. I was not able to get close enough to land again once I moved out of the way and my parking time was up.

I have not worked out photo links yet. The Ultrasaurus seems to be very popular especially with the children.

I intend to be a Portsmouth and hope to fly so If you see someone walking around with a kite bag it will probably be me getting up enough nerve to ask for help. I have Friday off work as well if anyone is coming early.

Cheers

Stephen

Stephen

I plan on getting to Portsmouth Friday around midday ish.If your available for a spot of flying,I will be only to happy to fly with you

Stephen

I plan on getting to Portsmouth Friday around midday ish.If your available for a spot of flying,I will be only to happy to fly with you

Stephen .. you should definitely meet up with Daz ... but don't judge the rest of us by him .. he's 'Special' laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Baloo ..... You are not getting out of joining in this year ..... better to have a go and fail, then miss out ... I know one bloke who was late for a mega fly one year and has never been allowed to forget it!

Hiya Daz

We will be on the common friday morning and flying shortly after setting up the van

see ya there matey

Jonesey

I have a mobile number for you (I'll pm you,just to make sure its right)

will be in touch to meet up at stokes bay if thats Ok - we get down portsmouth friday 20th aug - there till tuesday after the festival

Stephen .. you should definitely meet up with Daz ... but don't judge the rest of us by him .. he's 'Special' laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Baloo ..... You are not getting out of joining in this year ..... better to have a go and fail, then miss out ... I know one bloke who was late for a mega fly one year and has never been allowed to forget it!

Cheers Jonsey,I have been called many things,but SPECIAL,you are officially my favorite rev flyer now laugh.gif

Nice one Baz,will catch up with you on the friday afternoon

Rev zilla,loving that idea.Hows it going Chris

Hi,

I had managed to get my Rev on the neck like the photo but sadly my daughter did not get the photo it was my best flying effort to date:kid_cussing:!

Felix:- I will definitely make myself known, hopefully I will meet up with some flyers on the Friday.

Baz & Daz I hope to meet you on the Friday for some flying.

Jonesey:- Look forward to meeting you, I have been to Stokes Bay on a couple of Sunday Afternoons but have only seen power kiters there. Usually I have been flying at Port Solent on the smaller field next to the harbour.

I hope that I manage to get my skill up to a level where I do not need to keep to the other end of the common so that I am safe.

Cheers

Stephen:matrix:

Stephen .. you should definitely meet up with Daz ... but don't judge the rest of us by him .. he's 'Special'

Take no notice mate, you'er alright, I don't care what the others say about you, I've never seen you licking windows. :kid_smartass:

Edit for spelling.

Edited by Stone in Shoe Bob

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the weather picks up cool.gif I'll be there on Fri eve

Weather is positively biblical down here at the moment but confidence is high that when you all arrive in the promise land the sun will shine (I'm so going to regret saying that) .. Either way we have wifi and a wine cooler in our tent so come what may 'she'll be right'..

See some of you Friday afternoon for a warm up..

Had hoped to be there but yet again work gets in the way.

Thought I had cover... But once again it only seems to work one way.

At least it buys the Rev's.

Hope you all have fun, and look forward to saying hello at Bristol, if your going.

(There both days, on holiday!)

Regards,

Mark

Weather is positively biblical down here at the moment but confidence is high that when you all arrive in the promise land the sun will shine (I'm so going to regret saying that)

Yeah ... like that rain that was supposed to clear in half an hour last Sunday, you mean?

See you tomorrow!

Weather is positively biblical down here at the moment but confidence is high that when you all arrive in the promise land the sun will shine (I'm so going to regret saying that) .. Either way we have wifi and a wine cooler in our tent so come what may 'she'll be right'..

See some of you Friday afternoon for a warm up..

Well You know if it is c**p it's your fault kid_devlish.gif any how you staying the whole festival ?

Well You know if it is c**p it's your fault kid_devlish.gif any how you staying the whole festival ?

I might manage to travel over for most of it (all of 10 minutes) but I expect I will find some way to miss any megafly ... would hate you lot not to have something to take the P**s out of me about ;)

Oh and Ive changed the password on our tent WiFi tongue.gif

Edited by Jonesey