Portsmouth anyone?

darknight

Well, we have managed to get a REV Arena for Portsmouth, it is in the same place as the Rev Arena was in 2008 (down by the bouncy castle) However..... The Rev Arena will be quite close to the tail of the Dinosaur (see previous post) , so it might not be quite rectangulat in shape, with a bit of a dog leg around the dinosaur's tail -thats one sentence I never thought I would write!

Edited by The Kite Society

Well, we have managed to get a REV Arena for Portsmouth, it is in the same place as the Rev Arena was in 2008 (down by the bouncy castle) However..... The Rev Arena will be quite close to the tail of the Dinosaur (see previous post) , so it might not be quite rectangulat in shape, with a bit of a dog leg around the dinosaur's tail -thats one sentence I never thought I would write!

Great news!

Thanks

Felix

A dedicated rev arena ani_yahoo.gif That means no people walking through the lines,like last year.A big thanks to the Kite Society and every one else for organising this ani_notworthy.gif Not long now!!!!Has anyone organised a meal or get together for the friday night before the festival....if so where,and what time

A dedicated rev arena That means no people walking through the lines,like last year.A big thanks to the Kite Society and every one else for organising this Not long now!!!!Has anyone organised a meal or get together for the friday night before the festival....if so where,and what time

It also means that we need to keep it constructively occupied at all times <grins>

Apart from the time, that is, when we all trek over to the main arena to do a 'mega-fly' by way of thanks for providing the dedicated arena...

I wonder how many fliers will be there? The Decs should be 8 <EDIT or should that be 9?>

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

Sounds good Felix. Obviously good for any Mega practicing that is needed.

That was the idea. We fly Mega Team in the dedicated area as a warm-up for those that have not done it before. We also have a space for the 'performing' teams to get up to speed ahead of arena presentations. Individual fliers should also have the opportunity to fly together without risk of general public walking through their lines.

I hope that we can all meet if needs be, early and informally, on Saturday/Sunday mornings to ensure that everyone is comfortable with the 'ad hoc' arrangements.

Felix

I would think that Mega fly practice should take pride of place. Working out who is best placed where on the grid. (standing well away with hands in pockets best for me. I volunteer myself as ground crew)

If individual fun fliers are able to make use of the area might I suggest that they bring shortish linesets so as not to interfere in the bigger picture.

Of course being able to crack on with longer lines when the area is not being used for more "serious" practice.

Anyway, my twopennieworth. I will not be there too early, and at the moment plan on Sunday only.

If we make it down to Portsmouth I'd love to have a go in the Mega Fly - but I've never flown team before, just a bit of one on one with Kathy and we've not had much luck twisting lines yet....

Ant

<grins>

You have to start somewhere...

Felix

Just join in,were all pretty twisted <grins>

Thanks to The Kite Society of Great Britain we have the opportunity to get twisted without too much risk to anything other than reputation. <grins>

Whereas two years ago, the emphasis was on the best teams from around the world and an entirely new concept in mega-team flying, we should now all be very relaxed in flying together.

Felix

Thanks to The Kite Society of Great Britain we have the opportunity to get twisted without too much risk to anything other than reputation. <grins>

Whereas two years ago, the emphasis was on the best teams from around the world and an entirely new concept in mega-team flying, we should now all be very relaxed in flying together.

Felix

Hi Felix, there are still quit a few are not too relaxed about flying in big groups.  However, with some gentle persuasion we should get a good group going.

PS Thanks Jon & Gill 

PPS Dear ALL, if you are on ANY other kite forums post that we need as many Rev flyers as possible at Portsmouth

Hi Felix, there are still quit a few are not too relaxed about flying in big groups. However, with some gentle persuasion we should get a good group going

<snip>

This will be an opportunity to gain some experience for those who are prepared to try!

Felix