Portsmouth anyone?

darknight

I would almost consider leaving my bag at home after the last few years .. great to meet up and watch the show but free flying is always somewhat compromised at Pompey so anything you can do to get a small corner would be great ... thanks Felix

I suspect that Gill and Jon may be sympathetic to the idea even if their hands may be tied this late in the day. If they are looking for a mega fly we may have some leverage.

Great idea Felix! You probably know Gill and Jon better than most of us, so if they're able to help, please do let us know. I'd be up for some flying in addition to the social agenda - even if it is in defined timeslots. [but not too early as breakfast isn't served until 07:30 at Rees Hall....]

Great idea Felix! You probably know Gill and Jon better than most of us, so if they're able to help, please do let us know. I'd be up for some flying in addition to the social agenda - even if it is in defined timeslots. [but not too early as breakfast isn't served until 07:30 at Rees Hall....]

I have sent a message.

Felix

Thanks Felix for trying....we can only keep out fingers crossed now.

Chris

Thinking ahead, who would be up for a meal at the Ethiopian Restaurant (if it is still there) local to the Halls on Sunday evening?

Users of uk.sys.comp.mac on usenet have a habit of meeting on the Goldhawk Road near Shepherds Bush at an equivalent venue.

Felix

• Like 1

Thinking ahead, who would be up for a meal at the Ethiopian Restaurant (if it is still there) local to the Halls on Sunday evening?

Might be worth breaking out a new thread with a poll?

For those (like me) unfamiliar with Ethiopian cuisine:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethiopian_cuisine

...so don't ask "wot is that?" or get over-generous to the point of choking with your goorsha.....

Might be worth breaking out a new thread with a poll?

For those (like me) unfamiliar with Ethiopian cuisine:

http://en.wikipedia....hiopian_cuisine

...so don't ask "wot is that?" or get over-generous to the point of choking with your goorsha.....

The phone was not being answered last night so I suspect it is no longer there!

Felix

I found a REAL good Steak House while I was there for the 20th celebrations. Not cheap but good.

It was along the road to the left of the big Hotel opposite the flting field.

Could sort the number out or address if that was of interest?

Edited by Baloo

The phone was not being answered last night so I suspect it is no longer there!

Either that or Friday and Saturday nights are so busy they don't need to answer the phone. I saw a reference in a conference brochure of June 2010 (print date unknown) which still listed Blue Nile in Osbourne Road. But I'm sure we'll find somewhere to eat...

Users of uk.sys.comp.mac on usenet have a habit of meeting on the Goldhawk Road near Shepherds Bush at an equivalent venue.

Felix

That sound like a great idea Felix. We have 5 from the North East would be up for joining you all if it is still there.

• Like 1

That sound like a great idea Felix. We have 5 from the North East would be up for joining you all if it is still there.

Oh well, if the venue is still there it would be good.

Post mortem for WSIKF anyway. We will work something out.

Felix

Ah yea cool baloo, see what you mean, is it a dual line stunt or quad, or just a single liner?

There are some great restaurants at the mariner, or guys if you don't mind a bit of travel, like 10 mile, my brother in law is head chef at a great, little restaurant over the other side of the river gosport side, and they also have a small room in it for hire, I'm sure he could sort us out a really good deal if I knew how many would like this I could ask?

Ah yea cool baloo, see what you mean, is it a dual line stunt or quad, or just a single liner?

There are some great restaurants at the mariner, or guys if you don't mind a bit of travel, like 10 mile, my brother in law is head chef at a great, little restaurant over the other side of the river gosport side, and they also have a small room in it for hire, I'm sure he could sort us out a really good deal if I knew how many would like this I could ask?

Well it was nice to say hello at Exmouth the other day, by the way the new JB Series standard was in stock and now on it's way.

Portsmouth was looking a bit of a non starter, but some kind chap at work has offered to cover the weekend. On that note count Teresa and myself in. Hope to see you at the ground soon, if not at Portsmouth. Mark

yea was great to see you both, as usual the wind did pick up a bit later..

glad your going to portsmouth.

my brother in law is away for a week, and didnt take his phone on holiday, so watch this space..

Shame you missed last Saturday, but I do understand with kids it can't always be easy.

As stated the JB STD and The JB Full are available for you to have a go one night if you can make the time.

Portsmouth was a def, but now it's a maybe, but Bristol is a cert.

Hope to meet up soon.

Kind regards to you both,

Mark and Teresa

Let's hope for a positive reply,as a small dedicated area for the rev

Flyers would be great

It looks like there will be a dedicated area. Gill is waiting to see the map and will then confirm one way or the other.

Felix