Portsmouth anyone?

darknight

We will be down there for 10 days over the festival period

hoping to meet up with the Hampshire rev fliers before the festival at stokes bay

its been a while since i saw some of you

Edited by BAZ

Cool, seems like a few of us will be there, always good to put names to faces eh, we will have to wear name tags, or red roses,lol

Maybe we could all post pictures of our Revs so we can be recognised by the Rev we might be flying?

I reccomend short lines, not much room to fly around the crowd. However there is normaly some room in the public flying area.

But for what it's worth this is me, though as has already been said there is not normally enough space for us lesser mortals so I don't normally fly much until Monday morning when the arena ropes come down.

Naa, doesn't look familiar to me, Bob. I thought you flew a burkha - mostly in black with a couple of colourful slots....

OK, so if it's not hot, I might wear my Rev fleece (it'll be the gold 'n' black B series on the back).

Edited by andelscott

Good piont about the Blus B's Bob, thinking about it I only have 3 of them. :) Nestled in amongs another few of varying colours in my bag.

And come to think of it Darknight (you would SO love a kite Wufer made for me) yes I could wear a Rev T shirt. Would be a Red one. So if you see a Bear in a Red Rev T shirt that will be me. As opposed to any other Bears that might be there of course.

I'm sure us Solent Kite flyers will all be there 'Representing' as the kids say.....

Baz .. let me know when your down/where your staying and we will organise a fish and chips and fly down at Stokes Bay as pre festival sharpener!

Would make that a general invite but if Gary finds out there wont be any Fish and Chips left for the rest of us ;)

I'm sure us Solent Kite flyers will all be there 'Representing' as the kids say.....

Baz .. let me know when your down/where your staying and we will organise a fish and chips and fly down at Stokes Bay as pre festival sharpener!

Would make that a general invite but if Gary finds out there wont be any Fish and Chips left for the rest of us ;)

I'm hurt.........sad.gif and I thought we had something special .....sad.gif............Think I'll have a big_beer.gif

Would make that a general invite but if Gary finds out there wont be any Fish and Chips left for the rest of us wink.gif

Nice one i look forward to it

we are down portsmouth the weekend before the festival till tuesday after the festival

plenty of time for flying NICE................

forgot to add we are stopping at rookesbury park caravan club site

about 12 miles outside portsmouth i believe

Edited by BAZ

Naa, doesn't look familiar to me, Bob. I thought you flew a burkha - mostly in black with a couple of colourful slots....

Thank you Andy, yes, you are, right, I do have some new skins, and very nice they fly too, but I figured forum etiquette and just plain good manners, prevented me from saying too much about that here.

But since you brought the subject up.

The new skins are very new, so it’s a bit too soon to be making any hard and fast decisions but at this stage my feeling is that I have too much invested in my old skins to write them off. My current intension (don’t hold me to this) is to bring the new skins into day to day use and to keep back the old favourites as my festival persona.

Edited by Stone in Shoe Bob

But for what it's worth this is me, though as has already been said there is not normally enough space for us lesser mortals so I don't normally fly much until Monday morning when the arena ropes come down.

I wonder if we should approach the organisers and ask if a 'small' part of the SLK arena may be designated a Rev area so that the attending Rev fliers have an opportunity to 'warm up' for an arena presentation in the way it worked at the recent Sunderland event.

Felix

• Like 1

I wonder if we should approach the organisers and ask if a 'small' part of the SLK arena may be designated a Rev area so that the attending Rev fliers have an opportunity to 'warm up' for an arena presentation in the way it worked at the recent Sunderland event.

Felix

sounds like a good idea as the rev fliers in general are good public viewing "in my opinion"

if not then our own separate arena

it was possible for the 20th aniversary so space isnt an issue

just my 2p worth

sounds like a good idea as the rev fliers in general are good public viewing "in my opinion"

if not then our own separate arena

it was possible for the 20th aniversary so space isnt an issue

just my 2p worth

Thanks Baz! I also think that rev fliers are good public viewing and we need to build on that aspect.

Up at Sunderland this year many of the SLK fliers could not cope with the conditions on Sunday. It was not comfortable flying but the Revs did keep the show on the road, at least, for some of the time.

I suspect that Gill and Jon may be sympathetic to the idea even if their hands may be tied this late in the day. If they are looking for a mega fly we may have some leverage.

The 2008 event was, of course, somewhat different...

Felix