Lincoln City Summer Kite Festival

LS Kite Stakes

Well, no one else would post this event! iQuad, Island quad, Penny Rev, David Gomberg, Amy and Connor Doran, and many others will be there as will your truly. This year organizers are trying to put on a "official world record megafly" and are calling this years theme "Quad-Zilla". Sounds like Rev heaven to me!

The official website for more info: The Link

• Like 1

Well, no one else would post this event! iQuad, Island quad, Penny Rev, David Gomberg, Amy and Connor Doran, and many others will be there as will your truly. This year organizers are trying to put on a "official world record megafly" and are calling this years theme "Quad-Zilla". Sounds like Rev heaven to me!

The official website for more info: The Link

Hey Walt

It will be great to see you again. Yes I will be there. I will be arriving Wednesday afternoon B)

Maybe you, me, Willow and Dean can do a reunion team fly like a couple of years back :P Although that was before Willow became famous with Island Quad :matrix:

Hey Walt

It will be great to see you again. Yes I will be there. I will be arriving Wednesday afternoon B)

Maybe you, me, Willow and Dean can do a reunion team fly like a couple of years back :P Although that was before Willow became famous with Island Quad :matrix:

And guess who has gotten way better at team flying too. (clue, it isn't one of the boys....) :kid_loved:

I will really enjoy wrapping lines again, its been a few since the tulip festival. I may be a bit rusty, nothing that a few minutes of flying won't solve. I have been busy with life in general lately and haven't been out flying much. I just got the line to stack the Rev I Ninja Eyes, need to make them up. It will be my first time with a stack (albeit only 2 kites) on the end of the lines. I am gonna be there Saturday morning, leave Sunday afternoon.

Is it time to go yet????? :sign_kitelife:

Check out the new and shiny! I will be bringing these to LC, made up as kite stakes of course. They are hand made marbles, by Davis Glass of West Virginia. The photo does not do them justice, absolutely flawless! I am asking $35 each, with a holster as always. These are the nicest kite stakes you will ever see. See you all Saturday!!!!!!!! :wub:

post-2174-127750321375_thumb.jpg

Check out the new and shiny! I will be bringing these to LC, made up as kite stakes of course. They are hand made marbles, by Davis Glass of West Virginia. The photo does not do them justice, absolutely flawless! I am asking $35 each, with a holster as always. These are the nicest kite stakes you will ever see. See you all Saturday!!!!!!!! :wub:

Dibs on the red white and black :D

Hello All-

Have a great time!!!! Wish I was there.... with the rest of my "homies" kid_smartass.gifkid_loved.gif !!! Someday, we'll make it there....

Hi Walt-

Pretty marbles!!!!

xoxo to you all-

edited for a typo (in case anyone really cares... lol)

Edited by Love2fly

Saturday was absolutely flawless! Perfect winds, sunny weather, great company. My neck is sore from all the flying I did. The first thing I did was to try out the Rev I Ninja Eyes stack, no problems, flew like it knew what to do. I guess being sewn by Bazzer has something to do with that, not the pilot...... B)

Gave Conner his choice of kite stake, he chose a mini with a red marble with yellow streamers, known as a red devil. It was my way of saying thanks for what he has done for the kiting community.

Watty snagged the marble stake he put dibs on, Thanks Watty!

Spent the rest of the day on a B Midvent, got some mega team action as well as solo flying. Had fun flying pairs with Watty, crazy fast snap turns on follows, sudden dosey-does, total slapstick with a Rev. Sorry, no photos, was having too much fun!

Well, its all a matter of timing.

Due to issues with mine and the wifes jobs, we were in LC 2 weekends ago.

The wind was blowing hard enough then, that flying my RevII was putting a strain on my 90# LPG.

Still had fun, but would have loved to fly with the group.

Yall have a nice weekend there.

I look forward to WSIKF.

Ken

Saturday was absolutely flawless! Perfect winds, sunny weather, great company. My neck is sore from all the flying I did. The first thing I did was to try out the Rev I Ninja Eyes stack, no problems, flew like it knew what to do. I guess being sewn by Bazzer has something to do with that, not the pilot...... B)

Gave Conner his choice of kite stake, he chose a mini with a red marble with yellow streamers, known as a red devil. It was my way of saying thanks for what he has done for the kiting community.

Watty snagged the marble stake he put dibs on, Thanks Watty!

Spent the rest of the day on a B Midvent, got some mega team action as well as solo flying. Had fun flying pairs with Watty, crazy fast snap turns on follows, sudden dosey-does, total slapstick with a Rev. Sorry, no photos, was having too much fun!

Guys, I'm glad to have met many of you on Sat.! terry w, thanks for all your advice and help. Walt, your stack was awesome!! Your stakes are too cool!! John, thanks for helping out my son with the fine tuning on his Rev II!! Hope to be able to fly as good as you all, maybe with lots of time in the sky!! Had sooo much fun!! Thanks!!

I'm really sorry I missed the chance to meet up with ya all this last weekend. New job and making up for a couple of unemployed months made the trip impossible. I'm hoping for at least the last 2 days of WSIKF. Hope to see ya all there.

Dean

I'm really sorry I missed the chance to meet up with ya all this last weekend. New job and making up for a couple of unemployed months made the trip impossible. I'm hoping for at least the last 2 days of WSIKF. Hope to see ya all there.

Dean

Hi Dean,

I certainly hope to meet with you at WSIKF. I was anxious about our flights being cancelled due to crew/management difficulties or Volcanic eruptions but both seem to have been temporarily resolved tor the time being.

Felix

It was great to see all my kite flying friends and meet new ones. The wind and sun were fabulous for a change :kid_content:

I was able to fly my new Custom B-Pro Vented.

post-1734-127778339688_thumb.jpg

We did have some great, just join in, flying

post-1734-127778366166_thumb.jpg

We all did a pretty good job, Thanks JB for the guidance

post-1734-127778417041_thumb.jpg

FANTASTIC EVENT

Great meeting some folks for the first time, lots of new friends. :)

This is a must-do event for anyone in the NW!

in total agreement with john .... waaaaaay to much fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!

terrific crowd , incredible weather , stunning scenery and tons of hugs , what more can one ask for ?????

next year for sure :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

cheers

terry w

ISLAND QUAD