Sunderland International Kite Festival UK

Vince

A great festival and Pauline the event organiser is wanting a rev grid/mega fly in the arena on both days. If you are going. You will need to register to fly in the arena for insurance purposes. The forms can be found at http://www.infinitea...efestivals.html http://www.sunderlandevents.co.uk/event-detail.asp?EventID=2216 or pm me and I'll get one to you.

Edited by Vince
  • Like 1

A great festial and you will receive a warm welcome.

I am already pre-committed to another event and so will miss it this year. This will be the first one i have missed in over 10 years so i am relying on you guys to post a festival report here so i can enjoy the event when i get back.

See you all soon.

Going to try and get the weekend off and make my way up country for this one,as I have never been

Thats great. This is a very special festival and you will not be disappointed. look forward to seeing you there Daz.

A great festial and you will receive a warm welcome.

I am already pre-committed to another event and so will miss it this year. This will be the first one i have missed in over 10 years so i am relying on you guys to post a festival report here so i can enjoy the event when i get back.

See you all soon.

I hope your event goes well Stehen. It will be strange not to see you there. we will rise to your challenge and post reports after the event.

I am also pre booked so unhappy not to be going to land of the baby eaters kid_devlish.gif have fun guys

That would be broth eaters Gary. Good luck with your event I'm sure you will be back in the North East soon.

Going to try and get the weekend off and make my way up country for this one,as I have never been

It is a very good festival. The Decs first attended in 1989 and apart from 1995 and 1997 we were there every year up to 2000. I think that I turned up in 2001 but unfortunately the rest of the team couldn't travel at the last minute for one reason or another.

We should be eight or possibly nine fliers this year so it looks like a sixteen person grid is on the cards.

All being well we can build on the Ainsdale and Penshaw foundations <grins>

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

Wow Stephen, you're NOT going to Sunderland!! What gives?? LOL

Mark

I know, apart from when they were taking out my appendix and wouldn't let me out of the hospital I haven't missed this event since the mid 1990's.

However, i will console myself with a trip to Portugal to fly with Lung Ta and The Flying Squad. Don't feel too sorry for me! :kid_smartass:

Spoke with Pauline at the Wirrall Festival a few weeks ago,,,,,or Granma Paulineconfused_1.gif her Granson called her[shes a Babe,,,,,,,.and shes ,,,,,matrix.gif .I think a few of us guys are down for going,but the four letter word W O R K keeps getting in the way of my social kiteing atm.Would be great to fly with you lads again[Dave says your putting in the line time] and its always a pleasure to stand with Felix and Ashley.

Hope the wind turn up for ya all and we can make it over.Fingers crossed.

Is My pal and everyones freind Dave Ellison doing the Long Haul up to the more North again...?or is ther a Megaphonesmiley-devil.gif

BRIAN...

I know, apart from when they were taking out my appendix and wouldn't let me out of the hospital I haven't missed this event since the mid 1990's.

However, i will console myself with a trip to Portugal to fly with Lung Ta and The Flying Squad.  Don't feel too sorry for me! :kid_smartass:

Don't worry we'll get some great pic's of Stephen fully LYCRA'd up  and I'll make sure they get posted  :kid_devlish:

I too will be reporting from the Beer Tent with Gary, while Stephen flys with his French mates  :blue-cool: Thierry & Alex  :blue-cool:

Should be a very cool weekend all round  :blue-music:

Spoke with Pauline at the Wirrall Festival a few weeks ago,,,,,or Granma Paulineconfused_1.gif her Granson called her[shes a Babe,,,,,,,.and shes ,,,,,matrix.gif .I think a few of us guys are down for going,but the four letter word W O R K keeps getting in the way of my social kiteing atm.Would be great to fly with you lads again[Dave says your putting in the line time] and its always a pleasure to stand with Felix and Ashley.

Hope the wind turn up for ya all and we can make it over.Fingers crossed.

Is My pal and everyones freind Dave Ellison doing the Long Haul up to the more North again...?or is ther a Megaphonesmiley-devil.gif

BRIAN...

Brian,

We should all be there... Hope that you can all make it as well.

Felix

Don't worry we'll get some great pic's of Stephen fully LYCRA'd up  and I'll make sure they get posted  :kid_devlish:

Now there is a disturbing image I had all but squeezed out of my head! Thanks guys, now I have to start all over again! LOL

Have fun Stephen.

Mark

Hope so David.

<snip>

BRIAN...

So are we all set for this coming weekend?

We should be 8 fliers all being well but might actually be 9... edit 'as registered'

Edit again, just saw a forecast for Sunday morning! Atlantic depression moving past, wet and windy...

Felix

Edited by Felix Mottram

Lock up your daughters and Zens

...But seriously, fingers crossed the forecast is wrong....

So anyone else making the trip then?

Edit: was hoping my lil' order from Los Hermanos would arrive before I left but sadly won't be the case 002_sad.gif

Chris

I am coming up from Watford, looking forward to a good weekend.

Keith

Lock up your daughters and Zens

...But seriously, fingers crossed the forecast is wrong....

So anyone else making the trip then?

Edit: was hoping my lil' order from Los Hermanos would arrive before I left but sadly won't be the case 002_sad.gif

Chris

Chris,

It looks like forecast conditions have moderated for Sunday and the wetness will be over night Saturday. Could still be a bit breezy on Saturday. Not Zen weather I think.

Felix

Chris,

It looks like forecast conditions have moderated for Sunday and the wetness will be over night Saturday. Could still be a bit breezy on Saturday. Not Zen weather I think.

Felix

see ya all there saturday morning