Another Step In Race

beach

So as many of you know I'm always working in the factory when I'm home to dial in new and exciting products and in light of that I've come up with a new

"Race" rod configuration and they are going to be great......blue_cool.gif These are a bit heavier than the normal "Race" rod but even stronger with even more reflex

than the old ones, so these things really pop back to straight really, really, fast..... Yes they are between 2 and 3 grams heavier than the standard "Race"

rods but they are stronger and faster, once again noooooooo they are not for everyone, yesssss they do make a difference.......bones.gif So before we get all

bent out of shape I'll tell you why we did this, some of us no name mentioned (Rich) really like to fly the "Race" rods under water and they were breaking

some rods, so I, yes heavy handed Ben was breaking some "Race" rods too and I wanted something tougher, hence the second generation "Race" rods....blue_inlove.gif

What I did not want to loss is the reflex of the "Race" rods, but be even stronger than say a standard 3 wrap......blue_cool.gif Before you drive the girls crazy here in

the office let me point out these are a real specialized rod and as such has a special place in Rev flying and as such being that the lead guy in team flying

seems to take the most abuse here's my offer for the "team" leaders if this sounds like the rod your looking for when you order team stuff I'll throw in a set

at no cost to try.....blue_inlove.gif Once again I made these for the Family member who has been breaking standard "Race" rods and found them fragile but love all the

reflex of them no matter what, these second generation "Race" rod have even more reflex and are even tougher.....wacko.gif Before we get into what and how there

made lets just say the "Race" fairy made these and will continue as long as the base materials are on the market, as for how many wraps, huh wrap what wacko.gif

yes there is no info cause if these get out it will be because I told someone how to make them..... Bensly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

post-35-12760258792_thumb.jpg

post-35-127602589406_thumb.jpg

Once the NO name man rich gets a pair i will steal them i mean fly them! :kid_smartass:

Sammy, these puppies will be stronger and more resilient. I think that means that NoName won't be able to break 'em so easily over your head. Better put on your crash helmet!

Very nice. I quit flying race rods except when flying with a group for the very reason you mention. The water is like a magnet to me. Race rods fly so nice but don't play well in the ocean. Next kite I will have them upgrade to the aqua race rods.

• 2 months later...

Today I got my hands on a set of "Rich Rods" or "Green Rods" or whatever they will be named.

I hadn't remembered what Ben had said earlier about the "Rich Rods" characteristics.

On the field I came up with the first opinion that they return very rapidly in comparison to any other rod I used on the Rev 1.5. This was all quite interesting as that they seem to be more precise then the race rods. This in particular being the flying of the ISK compulsory figures.

With my style of doing an axel, they weren't quite so good. Thus I altered slightly that style and seem to be coming up with even better axels.

Now I have read over what Ben said earlier about the rods and concur his description of the characteristics is what I observed.

Fully agree John.

Wind was bad today !...shifting fast between 6 till 20 Mph

Flew my new Midvent with the greenracerods.

They surprised me a lot !...they feel sooo light. Great response (best ever). . Axels were sooo easy ! (but i think my new Pro Mid-Vent helped a lot too...smooth kite !)

They cover a wide windrange so I think i don't want to use my 3wraps anymore......

I can't wait to fly them in more stable conditions

Edited by Madquad