ZEN Vs Sedgewick Vs Printed 1.5 Vs std B series

big bri

Hi my freinds.Hope youve all missed me.Its been Work,work,work thats has been the main agenda and its going well.JB would be proud of me......enough about that nasty four letter word for now[work] and on the good stuff

OK,Picture the scene

Miles of sandy beech,sunny,sea like a millpond and way out,.Ainsdale for those that know it.A real Stunning day forecast,,,,,BUT,,,,,NO WIND 1mph gusting to three[at best]if ya lucky.

Great chance to comapre the four kites mentioned in the Topic Title.Im handy on a Rev,im no JB or SH,so for what its worth.Here is my 10ps worth.

Ive had my Zen for months and havent had her up yet,so i cant wait to see if the hype,Opinions,tests and whatever i had read was correct.Not that a combination of some of the best pilots,designers and materials on the planet are realy at question,but i had to see for myself.Im a bit like like.

Set ups

Zen with Zen rods on 120s LPG 90lb

Printed 1.5 with race frame on same lines

B Series custom std with Race frame ,on same lines

And the kite i thought the Zen couldnt be much better than,IF AT ALL.A kite i adore to fly and has given me so many BDGs.The Lee Sedgwick with a race frame and 3 wrap frame.On same lines.

Im not gona give a run down or running order.Which was first or last.These are four Top Notch.The Dogs Bo*****s kites and please,so thers no GREY AREA.

THE ZEN IS BREATHTAKING.....

Comparrison,ther isnt any,the ZEN WINS HANDS DOWN in the conditions mentioned above.Its simply unbeleivable and an absolute treat to fly.I couldnt put it down.The lads with me got a spin and all had the WAW effect with it.

Thanks to everyone involved for making such an awsome flying Machine.Simply im stunned at the performance,,,,,Bravo

No Grey Ther Then i think

BRIAN...with a Bigger,BDG

Edited by big bri

Anyone whos a serious kite /Rev pilot needs a Zen in ther bag.I know the kites been out now for a while and its probably old News to some,but im so amazed in the kites drive and precission in next to zero winds,,,,,,,Jaw Dropping.

From a team point of view also.Ther a must .I can think of quite a few places weve visited and been unable or struggled to give a good display because of the low windAll because we lacked a real low wind monster in our kit.The zen will give that edge without a doubt.....

BRIAN...

<snip>

The zen will give that edge without a doubt.....

BRIAN...

Hi Brian,

Having finally got a real one I have to say that I do like the Zen as well. We haven't really 'team' flown them in very light conditions yet. Need to get a couple more before that!

Felix

Baz and John spent all that time on the Zen not because they wanted to make money for the company but because they (iQuad) needed it! That point was driven home last summer in Bogota when they flew a prototype Zen in absolutely awful conditions in an arena.

I adore mine...and anyone who suffers a season of light winds like we have every summer in DC needs one in their bag!

Hey Babe-

How's everything?

Soooooooooo, I'm guessing you like the Zen!!! 11.gif

It still blows me away to fell how much it loads up in a two or three mph wind. Nothing else is in the sky and yet, the Zen is up, we're not moving that much, and we have to remind ourselves that it's not blowing 8 mph!

For those must fly, demo times, it's an absolute must! If it's really not blowing at all, go to 50#, 75'; it'll get you through it!!

Are you going to WSIKF? We'd love to see you out there!!!

xoxo

I agree, everyone needs one of these Zen kites, they are so much less effort in demanding conditions. Magical flight in a dead calm, no running, no pumping, flail or smooth flight style- doesn't matter. The Zen fills with air when there isn't any! A kite designed for our local conditions, thanks aLL for your efforts at design, prototype testing and construction. Switching back to 1.5 size is a speed burst by comparison, so light on the ends of the string and so responsive.

We flew Zens together Sunday and Jeff commented how my leading edge bent in a different location than his, we assume the "training wheels" are the difference. But it might be the specialized construction I requested also,... bares further comparisons during the summer no-wind sessions in DC area. I flew on 17 titanium handles for awhile and then switched to no-snags 13 inchers as more folks joined in (otherwise nobody will stand next to me for fear of a slashing by that idiot flailer on the end!)

I flew on 17 titanium handles for awhile and then switched to no-snags 13 inchers as more folks joined in (otherwise nobody will stand next to me for fear of a slashing by that idiot flailer on the end!)

4.gif

Hi Paul-

That's funny!!!

Come to think of it, I do have bruises from another resident flailer on 15" no snags!!!

(Love ya, Rich kid_smartass.gif )