Found Rev - Nags Head, NC (near Jockey's Ridge)

Reef Runner

If by chance, you just happened to leave your Revolution kite, out in front of the "Kitty Hawk Kites" store, in Nags Head, NC, right across the highway from Jockey's Ridge, please contact me. I can put you on the trail, back to your kite. I'm sure that whoever left this Rev, wants it back, but you'll have to be able to describe it, perfectly, before I'll give you the information. If you can come up with the details, PM me, and I will put you in contact with the person, that can get your Rev, back in your hands...............

You'll need to know the following:

1. When and where was it left ?

2. What is the model of your kite (B-series, Supersonic, Rev I, Zen, etc) ?

3. What is the Color of the kite ?

4. Describe, "How you wound up your lines" ?

5. What kind of handles did you have with the kite ?

6. What color was the bag (sleeve) ?

7. What kind of bag was it packed in (straight sleeve, sleeve with handle, sleeve with pockets, drawstring bag, etc) ?

I hate to be so rigid about this, but I want to make sure that the kite gets back to it's proper owner, and not someone just claiming that it was theirs. Heck, I could have done that..........All it will cost you is the postage, to mail your Rev home, and it's yours again.

And BTW, I don't have your REV...................

Let me know...............

you should post this on all the kite forums to see if there might be there.. for example GWTW,kitelife , aka,fractured axel, their are alot of forums and that person might be there in one of them

Edited by antman

you should post this on all the kite forums to see if there might be there.. for example GWTW,kitelife , aka,fractured axel, their are alot of forums and that person might be there in one of them

Please feel free to copy my post and put it where ever you feel it might be seen.............however, the owner will have to contact (PM) me through either the Rev forum, or the Kitelife forum............your help would be appreciated........

OK, done & done............I've also posted the info on the LOST REV, on the GWTW forum, plus I sent the information to the Region 4, AKA Director. Surely someone has got to be missing a REV .............. If anyone else knows of another outlet, please feel free to post my original message. Just make sure that it's clear, that the owner will have to contact me via the Revolution forum, or the Kitelife forum, or through the PM (personal message) outlet, on either of these two forums. They are the only two forums, that I monitor......

thankssign_kitelife.gif

Ok folks, help me find the owner of this lost Rev.............

Hi All-

Just a little 3.gif ... just in case the owner was away from their computer for a bit....

Good luck in finding it's rightful owner!

Surely some one else can give us a little bump.........we need to find the rightful owner of this Rev.......

If by chance, you just happened to leave your Revolution kite, out in front of the "Kitty Hawk Kites" store, in Nags Head, NC, right across the highway from Jockey's Ridge, please contact me. snip...

May I presume you asked at the "Kitty Hawk Kites" store?

Did they by chance know of someone who purchased the same color scheme?

John

Think that we need to accept that not ALL Rev fliers look at Forums. (should make it Law I reckon kid_devlish.gif )

However if I had lost one I would want it back.

Hope your quest works. good luck RR.

Yep, that is becoming quite clear, but I'm just trying to keep the topic active, for a while, anyway, just to give the owner a fighting chance, of stumbling across it.........but you are right, everyone doesn't check the forums....................might be a good reason to, however. I think if I had left one of my revs, somewhere, I'd be looking everywhere, and where better, than the Rev forum..........................

Maybe whoever it is has so many they didn't need this one?

Or they tried to fly it with the rods on the back and were so dissapointed they just chucked it?

Yep, I would be looking everwhere I could think of.

Too many kites, and they just haven't missed it. Maybe !

As for not flying due to incorrect assembly, I don't think so.

I opened it up, and it was evident, by the way it was folded, and by the way the lines were put away, it wasn't just chucked...........

I just think it is someone, that doesn't frequent forums, or the computer.

Based on where it was left, I'm sure they figure that their Rev is long gone, and have just not bothered, to follow up.

If only they knew, how hard I have tried..................

I think it may be time to call it a day on this one. Nobody can say you haven’t tried. There’s no reason it should, but if your conscience is still bothering you. You cold take a tip from The Hampshire Hoverers and use it to start a loan kit, a sort of try before you buy kit, I think theirs started with one kite but has grown by donation (build it and they will come) to two quite comprehensive kits that they lend out to people who express an interest but are reluctant to make the initial outlay for fear it will only be a five minute wonder.

Sceptical? Yes, so was I but I believe I is running quite successfully, contact either Sailor99 or Jonesey for more details or a better explanation of how it works.

I think it may be time to call it a day on this one. Nobody can say you haven't tried. There's no reason it should, but if your conscience is still bothering you. You cold take a tip from The Hampshire Hoverers and use it to start a loan kit, a sort of try before you buy kit, I think theirs started with one kite but has grown by donation (build it and they will come) to two quite comprehensive kits that they lend out to people who express an interest but are reluctant to make the initial outlay for fear it will only be a five minute wonder.

Sceptical? Yes, so was I but I believe I is running quite successfully, contact either Sailor99 or Jonesey for more details or a better explanation of how it works.

Yes Bob, I'm afraid you are correct. But don't worry about the kite. It's destiny, barring the rightful owner showing up, is to become a trainer kite. It won't go to waste, believe me, but I wanted to give the rightful owner every possible chance to see the posting. I'll probably keep bumping it up, till the end of the month, and if at that time, no one has claimed it, the kite will pass on into it's new life, as a trainer..............and maybe it will help some kid learn about this hobby, that we all love, so much........................(you never know, their could be another JB out there, somewhere, just waiting for a chance). blue_confused.gif

Too many kites, and they just haven't missed it. Maybe !

As for not flying due to incorrect assembly, I don't think so.

I opened it up, and it was evident, by the way it was folded, and by the way the lines were put away, it wasn't just chucked...........

I just think it is someone, that doesn't frequent forums, or the computer.

Based on where it was left, I'm sure they figure that their Rev is long gone, and have just not bothered, to follow up.

If only they knew, how hard I have tried..................

Wuz just my daft way of giving it a bump :kid_devlish:

Maybe I should have put smilies on the end.

Wuz just my daft way of giving it a bump kid_devlish.gif

Maybe I should have put smilies on the end.

No problem Baloo, appreciate the bump. That's definately the idea. Bump, bump, bump. I was hoping, that if I kept bumping this topic to the top of the active topics, and if people kept seeing it, that the word would eventually get out to the rightful owner, who as you mentioned over at Kitelife, obviously is not a forum troller.........

Again, thanks for the bump.......we need more bumps, and I'm about to bump out blue_confused.gif, so bump people, bump sly.gif. Just keeping the topic active could do the trick blue_biggrin.gif

Pardon me as I have not read the entire thread, so this may have been covered already.. but have you contacted your AKA regional Director? They have the ability to bulk mail the membership and it may get the word out. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Amy

Pardon me as I have not read the entire thread, so this may have been covered already.. but have you contacted your AKA regional Director? They have the ability to bulk mail the membership and it may get the word out. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Amy

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your suggestion and interest, however, JB suggested that to me, sometime back. In an earlier post, I did mention that.

blue_confused.gif OK, done & done............I've also posted the info on the LOST REV, on the GWTW forum, plus I sent the information to the Region 4, AKA Director. Surely someone has got to be missing a REV .............. If anyone else knows of another outlet, please feel free to post my original message. Just make sure that it's clear, that the owner will have to contact me via the Revolution forum, or the Kitelife forum, or through the PM (personal message) outlet, on either of these two forums. They are the only two forums, that I monitor.....thanks

As mentioned in an earlier post, sometime back, I did indeed, personally email the AKA - Region 4 Director, Steve Cseplo, with hopes of obtaining his help in my quest to find the rightful owner of this Rev. Unknowingly to me, I have recently been informed, that Steve did indeed, "blast" Region 4 with the information.

Due to my personal lack of information, and my failure to thoroughly follow-up with Steve, I was later, overly critical of his actions, and termed them, as I incorrectly perceived, to be a lack of interest, on his part. Boy, was I wrong, and for that, I would like to take this opportunity to personally apologize to Steve, especially, as well as the entire AKA, for my thoughtless remarks. Not to make excuses, but not being a member of the AKA, I was completely unaware, that Steve had indeed, notified Region 4. He did this almost immediately, upon receiving my email, taking it upon himself to, notify all the members of Region 4. Steve, again, I apologize, for the inconsiderate manner, in which I spoke of your actions. I was wrong, and I hope to make amends through this public apology. The last thing in the world that I wanted to do here, was offend anyone. I only wanted help, which unknowing to me, you so aptly supplied. Thank you for that help, as well as all the other AKA Regional Directors, who have jumped in....................

As mentioned previously, the owner may very well be someone that doesn't frequent the online forums. I realize that some of may be a little obsessed with that, but it sure is a good way to keep in touch with what is going on, and in this case, it could get this person his/her Rev back............

Anyway, my whole intent is just to get the Rev back to the rightful owner, as time is running out. As I mentioned, I don't personally have the Rev, but if the owner can simply describe the circumstances, to my satisfaction, I can put them in touch with someone, that will gladly return it to them. Else, the kite is destined for another life.

The only way to keep the topic on the active list, both here, and on Kitelife, is to continually comment, just to "BUMP" it back to the top...........

Thanks again for your interest and Steve, once again, please accept my apologies....................nick