River Play 2010

KiteLife

Its funny.....

When people ask what sort of kite I fly,I tell them its a revolution.........I then get a puzzled look back from them

Then I tell them to go on you tube and look you up,and see how its supposed to be flown.......

your flying is an inspiration to many......

watching you fly is like.......poetry in motion

anyway,enough a## kissing lmao

great video.loved every minute of it

Edited by dazlarsen

Just a little fun with moving water... ;)

John...

Have I told you lately that I hate you? Show off! :censored:

I watch these and almost lose all hope of ever being a "good" flier. The smoothness of those spins is what gets me. I actually do much of the other stuff, not nearly as easily, of course... How DO you do those spins so smoothly????? It never works that way for me...especially when you're moving in the opposite direction.

The benefit I have up here is that there are only a few rev fliers, and since I am out doing it for hours every day I tend to be the one everyone asks to teach them, so I tend to look talented no matter what...lol I keep telling people to get ahold of you if they want to really learn how to fly these things.

I'm never not impressed watching you perform. I sure hope you still have fun doing this instead of considering it "work" ... :innocent:

--TaK

I watch these and almost lose all hope of ever being a "good" flier. The smoothness of those spins is what gets me. I actually do much of the other stuff, not nearly as easily, of course... How DO you do those spins so smoothly????? It never works that way for me...especially when you're moving in the opposite direction.

The principle is based a practiced knowledge of every finite hover position, every 100th of the clock so to speak.

Within each of those hover positions, learn how to move it up, down, left, sideways and diagonally...

Then put two hover positions together and do the same, then three, then four, and so on.

That is the core of all movement, now keep it loaded, use your inertia, learn to glide and moderate your speed on a 0-10 scale all throughout.

It's achievable, more easily than you might think, it just takes specific ethics and goals when training. ;)

And hell yes, I'm having fun... I've made a point of protecting that at all costs, the rest just happens in due course.

Thanks. :)

The principle is based a practiced knowledge of every finite hover position, every 100th of the clock so to speak... ::snip::

I can do a slow smooth spin to 180 degrees...after that I loose it. Hell...it took awhile for me to get the inversion factor down. My brain just doesn't seem to wanna let me do it...lol

I'm sure glad you don't lose your sense of fun with it. It would be a shame to lose you due to "burn out" or whatever. Geez yer good at this stuff...though I've yet to see you flying more than one kite at a time. I guess those vids are hidden somewhere. :P

--TaK

I've actually flown a dual line kite and Rev at the same time on and off since 1992, did a demo at Rockaway Beach OR just a couple weeks ago. :)

It's not super amazing, but I can fly 'em around, mirrored, following, landing, etc, without crashing... Never practiced it though, I'd be surprised if I have a total of 12 hours doing it that whole time.

I also tried three dual line kites back in the day, but that was way more than I was inclined to deal with, only tried it once. LOL

I've actually flown a dual line kite and Rev at the same time on and off since 1992, did a demo at Rockaway Beach OR just a couple weeks ago. :)

It's not super amazing, but I can fly 'em around, mirrored, following, landing, etc, without crashing... Never practiced it though, I'd be surprised if I have a total of 12 hours doing it that whole time.

I also tried three dual line kites back in the day, but that was way more than I was inclined to deal with, only tried it once. LOL

I was awed by the Steve De Rooy video...flying 2 revs simultaneously to me was pretty cool, but THEN not merely flying mirrored, but having them asynchronous was just mind blowing to me. Geez...do you guys ever SLEEP?

--TaK

Hey Baby-

How's everything?

That was a lot of fun to watch!!!

What was so cool was hearing everything!!! I love the sound of it "walking" or landing on the wall.

Oh, and yeah, the sound of running water is always soothing!!!! kid_smartass.gifblue_wink.gif

Well done, my friend!!

Hi TK-

Nice filming, too!!!

xoxo to you both.

Hi TK-

Nice filming, too!!!

xoxo to you both.

Howdy L2f.

It's amazing the difference in a video when you have someone ELSE running the camera... ;)

Having never been to one of the fancy kite events, (just our little state ones) I always wonder if the rev guys sit around doing what we do... Watching the other guys flying, you can always hear one phrase more than any other... "meh...I can do that!" ;) I would give half of my kites to get to spend a week learning from someone who has the skill like some of these guys have...sheesh. (I suppose I should have made it an asexual statement, but I call everyone that, so I hope the females here (hint hint) don't gimme a hard time about it.

--TaK

Howdy L2f.

It's amazing the difference in a video when you have someone ELSE running the camera... wink.gif

Having never been to one of the fancy kite events, (just our little state ones) I always wonder if the rev guys sit around doing what we do... Watching the other guys flying, you can always hear one phrase more than any other... "meh...I can do that!" wink.gif I would give half of my kites to get to spend a week learning from someone who has the skill like some of these guys have...sheesh. (I suppose I should have made it an asexual statement, but I call everyone that, so I hope the females here (hint hint) don't gimme a hard time about it.

--TaK

Hi TaK-

We cheer each other on, hoping that someone will get "that" move; showing them how, if necessary. We see skills improve almost at every event.kid_devlish.gif It's awesome to watch!

No worries about being "one of the guys". I don't give it a thought about being a guys thing or whatever.... we're just flying kites.

• 1 month later...