Getting my first rev SUL

jontee07

Question

REVflyer - pulled the trigger and got myself a SUL to handle the low wind conditions we face in the valley !! Also took your advice and got a set of 15" handles to try with it !! Got some bridle line to make leaders for them, too!! Will remember to clear nail polish all the knots to keep them from moving !! Had to have a light wind option, want to fly and not wait around for more wind !! Thanks for all your help and comments !! :) Thanks again !!!

Edited by stroke victim

It's great to see all the folks taking advantage of what REV kites do best! Those darn things can fly in any kind of wind condition. Sure you might need some specialized stuff to make it easier, but it will do everything you're capable of (and easier than any other sport kite design). The kites have lots of sail version options, frame choices and sizes available from specialty kite shops, just walk in and find a new love. If you're seriously addicted, you can commission individual projects, or obtain masterpiece kites without re-financing the homestead!

The people involved with the company actually care about your complete satisfaction, known for great customer service. There's a worldwide community of rev family pilots for you to meet, share with and keep as lifelong friends. I've met people from all over the world just by flying at the Washington Monuments once a month. Every single one of them that knows anything about a Revolution comes over, introduce themselves and take a spin on the handles. It's universal, you don't even need language to communicate with your rev-family members, . . . . just stick out your hands & any pilot releases their kite for your opportunity to try it out!

Hi stroke victim,

Glad to hear that you got the SUL for low wind condition. Really a good kite in low wind but you also have to watch out for high wind. The spar cannot handle high wind.

Jonathan - Thanks for your support !!:) Had just been getting OK with them, when I had a stroke and went away from all flying for several years !!:blink: Now with new hips and a new vented 1.5 to go with that SUL, I've rediscovered my love for this activity !! These go well with the old Rev 1 I learned with and still have !! Between all 3 I should have most of the wind ranges covered and be able to fly and not wait for more wind !!:angry: Will keep updates on how things go coming on this channel!!:)

Edited by stroke victim

Hi Guys,

Just to updated on the group flying that I did last weekends. Really a new experience for me and I enjoy flying in a group. The group are really very helpful and friendly, they are willing to teach each other tricks on team flying. Now I'm hook to group flying after that session. Really help me a lot on my rev skill. Glad that I took the first step in group flying. blue_inlove.gif

Hi stroke victim,

Yes, I have a lot of fun in group flying. In the first few try, got some crashes with other kites. They are not angry and kind enough to give me suggestion on how to inprove my input to the kite so that can fly smoothly. Really glad to fly with them, they are all very skillful in group flying. Can do different type of formations. I have to buck up in my rev flying, so that can join them in those formation.wink.gif

Hi stroke victim,

Yes, I have a lot of fun in group flying. In the first few try, got some crashes with other kites. They are not angry and kind enough to give me suggestion on how to inprove my input to the kite so that can fly smoothly. Really glad to fly with them, they are all very skillful in group flying. Can do different type of formations. I have to buck up in my rev flying, so that can join them in those formation.wink.gif

Go for it !!!!:kid_smartass:

Hi Stroke victim,

Glad that you like this kite. I also feel the same way when I first maiden this kite really very light almost like nothing. Too bad I nv use the 15" handle, kinda of use to the 13" handle. Maybe I should try on the 15" handle to see how the handling. wink.gif

Hi Stroke victim,

Glad that you like this kite. I also feel the same way when I first maiden this kite really very light almost like nothing. Too bad I nv use the 15" handle, kinda of use to the 13" handle. Maybe I should try on the 15" handle to see how the handling. wink.gif

First time using the longer handles myself!! My older Rev 1 had 11", my vented has 13" and now I have 15"!! Gave the 11" to my son for his Rev 2, and now will see which handle works best for me!! :kid_smartass: I've used and like the 13", now I'll see about the 15". Definitely enjoy the kite!!!!:)

Went to Long Beach for the day and used both sets of handles!! Both worked fine, but need to put more time on the 15" to have an opinion of which is better!! I think though, 15" handles weigh more than the SUL, itself!! Felt more balanced, weight wise, with my vented!!! 13" were in the comfort zone!!!! :kid_smartass: Maybe different handles for different kites??? :kid_loved: We'll see!!!!:)

So far, I like them (the 15") with my SUL the best!:kid_smartass: The other kites seem to like the 13", but I'm going to the beach on Thursday and will try them (the 15") out on longer lines!! It's all good, just trying different stuff to see what works best for me and my style!!! ( or lack thereof)!!! Have fun and keep flying!!!!

After awhile experimenting you'll just click with a certain set. They will become the standard all others are compared to.

For me it's my super long-throw titanium handles. I can't use 'em all the time, . . . but in the right conditions,

MAN! it's like Tinkerbell's flying dust has been sprinkled on me and the kite!

I have little bitty short ones for indoors, can't be 8 inches in-between the two attachment points. Again it's a personal choice, there's no one correct path. Two sets of completely different handles for basically the same function, low/no wind conditions.

The Orcon indoor kite doesn't need much more than the slightest guidance, it can be flown standing on one leg.

Outside? those Ti handle are ninja weapons I'm flailing about (in time with music), so please stand clear. Look how much area I need also <HA!>

post-92-128281961496_thumb.jpg

post-92-128281996413_thumb.jpg

After awhile experimenting you'll just click with a certain set. They will become the standard all others are compared to.

For me it's my super long-throw titanium handles. I can't use 'em all the time, . . . but in the right conditions,

MAN! it's like Tinkerbell's flying dust has been sprinkled on me and the kite!

I have little bitty short ones for indoors, can't be 8 inches in-between the two attachment points. Again it's a personal choice, there's no one correct path. Two sets of completely different handles for basically the same function, low/no wind conditions.

The Orcon indoor kite doesn't need much more than the slightest guidance, it can be flown standing on one leg.

Outside? those Ti handle are ninja weapons I'm flailing about (in time with music), so please stand clear. Look how much area I need also <HA!>

I'm figuring that out! :kid_smartass: The 15" seem to work best on the SUL! The 13" seem to like my Rev 1 and 1.5 vented!! :kid_smartass: Different handles for different kites!!:)