Zendoors

SKYWLKR

BTW I am trademarking that name if this works... ;-)

After Trying Scotts indoor revs I am hooked!!!

Has anyone tried re-framing the Zen with a lighter, flexier frame? I am thinking about doing one with p90's as I have about 50 rods with no home (was making low wind Rok's).

Maybe even a 1.5...

BTW I am trademarking that name if this works... ;-)

After Trying Scotts indoor revs I am hooked!!!

Has anyone tried re-framing the Zen with a lighter, flexier frame? I am thinking about doing one with p90's as I have about 50 rods with no home (was making low wind Rok's).

Maybe even a 1.5...

Hi Joe-

How's everything?

I've only tried indoor flying a couple times. I've got to work on it... a lot!

Interesting idea.... let me know how you make out.

Good luck-

xoxo

As it is designed for light wind work you might find that if flies indoors well as it is.

However you might want to try the P90's in case of rod breakage.

Then again, how upset with yourself will you be if a rod breaks and go's through the sail.

I think I would see if someone out there has a Zen and is used to indoor flying, they might be willing to give it a go. Then you could have some feedback?

Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

My kid can fly a 1.5 indoors with 2wraps.....I'm SURE a ZEN would fly indoors no problem.

You might want to put pigtails on the endcaps of the wingtips and top of the uprights, This way you can bypass the bridal for indoor flying. Reverse flight indoors is easier without the bridal.

Turns out my p90's were a bit to short so I framed up an old SLE kite. I am using a set of 17" long handles with pig tails and I am having a hell of a time with the handles snagging. It seems promising, though I think I am going to remove the bridal and put the pig tails on the kite.

Turns out my p90's were a bit to short so I framed up an old SLE kite. I am using a set of 17" long handles with pig tails and I am having a hell of a time with the handles snagging. It seems promising, though I think I am going to remove the bridal and put the pig tails on the kite.

I think I'ld use regular 13" handles. Giving more leverage to the kite may afford you more sensory feedback and therefore a better touch indoors. Just a thought.

My kid can fly a 1.5 indoors with 2wraps.....I'm SURE a ZEN would fly indoors no problem.

You might want to put pigtails on the endcaps of the wingtips and top of the uprights, This way you can bypass the bridal for indoor flying. Reverse flight indoors is easier without the bridal.

Lam Hoac flies a 1.5 indoors. No bridle of course. Direct connect. But then Lam thinks and probably can fly a vented indoors.

I think you'll find such a large, flexible kite to be a disadvantage indoors... Flexibility means absorption of pressure, instead of returning it as lift.

Hence the general stiffness of the Indoor Rev.

Everything is worth a try, it's how we innovate and create, but that's my prediction. ;)

• 2 months later...

Well seeing as how I now have a Zen on order, I'll fly it indoors against the Indoor Rev and B series with Race Rods for a giggles and give you my amature opinion blue_wink.gif

Its not why I'm getting the Zen, but I'll give it a go for the hell of it.

The wierd thing is, I fly my B series street style and the Indoor Rev no problem seperately .... I can fly the B indoors as well .... but if I've flown the Indoor Rev first and then put the B up indoors I dislike it because it feels like a truck.

I'll have to fly the Zen indoors BEFORE putting up the Indoor Rev so as not to unsettle my opinion.

Now to wait for Bazzer to make it and for it to get shipped over here...