Two different kites??????

mike8574

Question

Hello

When deciding to buy a kite I went to the list of dealers listed at the revkites.com site.

I bought the same kite Revolutin 1.5 SLE from two differeny places.

When the second one arrived was I surprised!

The first kite came from Into the Wind.

The second kite came from A Wind of Change.

The first kite the support lines to stop rips built into the sail is about a half an inch apart on the second it's maybe an eighth of an inch. Look close at the first picture.

Shows up in the red area.

The first kite just says Revolution 1.5

The second says Revolution 1.5 SLE

The second kite also has a patch on the bottom corner stating it's a Revolution kite and is far far better made kite.

Both kites were $199 and included handles.

Into the Wind said they will take a return on the kite.

Whats up the same kite two different models I don't understand?

post-3311-127128094085_thumb.jpg

post-3311-127128096594_thumb.jpg

post-3311-127128098672_thumb.jpg

17 answers to this question

it would seem these are from 2 DIFFERENT years of production.

i think the NEWER kites have the white lettering in the lower/back corner as noted.

but this does slowly come off or fade/scuff with use, at least on mine.

it's also my understanding (see thread on this) that the NEWEST kites in this line may be made with different ripstop

which means those older NEW kites may actually be better in some ways.

http://www.revkites....anges-for-2010/

cheers

'moe

Edited by revmoe

Thank you Moe,

You are right on.

I would say these are the same kite, but one is an older model. Older is like Dec. as opposed to Jan/ Feb.

We have made some changes very recently, and you have pointed them out.

This is in no way a Chinese made kite.

Fly with me- thank you for your concern.

Into the Wind is being very kind. Please don't think you received a knock-off from them.

They are very reputable, and good people.

Please e-mail through the website if you have any further questions or concerns.

Lolly

I can't imagine that Into the wind would ever sell a non-authentic Rev so you are probably safe there. I can assure you that the one we sold you is indeed an authentic Revolution kite and is a new 2010 model 1.5 SLE. The one that you received from Into the wind is probably an older model made with different materials but still a factory made Revolution product. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me at our shop or via e-mail at [email protected]

another difference worth mentioning...

the "package" for some identical kites differs from store 2 store.

several stores have their own "personalized colors" for B series kites.

and may include different framing options.

into the wind, for example, has a personalized color, B series MID vent package,

that includes RACE RODS along with a 3 wrap frame.

THAT's pretty cool.

a little healthy competition between the authorized dealers

is a good thing for us customers!

cheers

'moe

another difference worth mentioning...

the "package" for some identical kites differs from store 2 store.

several stores have their own "personalized colors" for B series kites.

and may include different framing options.

into the wind, for example, has a personalized color, B series MID vent package,

that includes RACE RODS along with a 3 wrap frame.

THAT's pretty cool.

a little healthy competition between the authorized dealers

is a good thing for us customers!

cheers

'moe

I have not talked to too many vendors personally but my limited experience and from what I read in the forums... you can get just about all of them to work with you on swapping out rod sets for minimal $ changes... and if you want design changes they can order it or you contact Lolly and get it your way... (like burger king but less fattening :D

Very true, we will frame up your 1.5 or B-Series in any frame combination you wish for. There is a slight upcharge for the race rods or the new Zen rods but all other frames are completely interchangeable at no additional charge at all. Just let us know. We also have our own shop colors, the B-Series Night! and it too is available in standard, mid vent or full vent. Custom colors are also an option, just let us know what tickles your fancy and we can make it happen.

Stack coming soon for sure.

Also I want to get the wife and the kid flying. Start are own team maybe.

I just ordered a Revolution 1.5 B Series FULL VENT - CUSTOM BLK RAINBOW! from KiteConnection.

Thats about it for my federal return.

The winds here have been too strong to fly the 1.5 SLE must be around 25 to 30 mph.

Now I just need a Zen and all my bases are covered.

I know I know "indoor rev" but I have no place to fly one.

OK any ideas how to launch from a pontoon boat? I was thinking of using a dog stake.

Thanks for posting that John, in case anyone is wondering if subscribing is a good idea, go for it, there is a hose of videos you can see.

Flywithme, just noticed you mentioned about a pontoon type thing, pretty long I would think?

Yes you probably could set up some sort of Dog Stake arrangement. Dont forget you can fly on pretty short lines. About the shortest I regularly use are 50ft, however I do have 30 and 15ft in my bag, so depending on the length of the Pontoon you might not need to Dog Stake?

Then as previously mentioned there is the 3D type catch n toss, which I have found frustrating, but is cool fun when it works properly.

The good news for trying it over water will be the crashes will be softer. :blue-grin: