Blast Setup

Dano

Question

I've seen in the power blast video that it was stressed to insert the rod through the bungie before putting the bottom cap on.

Does this same rule apply for the standard Blast, or do i assemble as a regular 1.5 confused_1.gif

Thanks, I'm finally getting out today for it's maiden flight..

I have a REAL old Rev 1 that I have retired due to damage, replaced it with a pair of Sedgwicks, full and vented.

Just LOVE the full with Race Rods on 50 ft lines in a steady breeze.

As for the Zen sail only, worst you can do is ask. LOVE my Zen. I understand they work well with Race Rods, however not tried min with anything but the Zen rods as yet.

I am also lucky enough to have 2 Blasts so got the one vented. Cool fun.

Actually, the Blast has three bridles, one on the top and one on the bottom of each wing. The two bottom bridles are connected to the top bridle with a single line normally referred to as a "down-bridle". Some pilots have removed this "down-bridle" and disconnected the top bridle with the bottom bridles. The claim is that it helps the kite fly a little better without the down-bridle on the kite but I have not noticed that much of a difference either way.

If your Blast is from the factory, it should have the down-bridle attached. This would give the appearance of one single bridle for the entire kite. If you purchased your Blast used, it may have had the down-bridle removed and therefore you would have a top bridle and two bottom bridles.

Hope that helps.

This is a friendly forum not a flaming forum. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

First make sure you have the proper length race rods for your Blast.

Then simply slide the SLE rods out the LE pocket. Slide the Race rods in and slide the end caps over the race rods versus SLE rods where the end caps go on the inside of the SLE rods.

If my explanation is unclear or incorrect I am sure someone will respond properly.

Ok, I'm almost afraid to ask this question. I'd like to try the race rods in my Blast. Whats the easiest way to remove the SLE center rod?

The easiest way to remove the leading edge from the kite is to pull it out of the leading edge pocket will maintaining a bit of a curve in the leading edge.

Here's a tutorial that shows how to change frames:

The video is on a B-Series, but the concept is the same.

If you keep a slight flex to the SLE LE rods, they will remove as a single unit!! Another way is to lay the kite flat, remove one wing end rod, pick up that sail end and put the Race rods in, using the end of the new rods to push the SLE rods out!! Make sure to do what John said, check first to make sure they are the right length!!

Sorry Watty!! Your post came in at almost the same time!!

Thanks! I'd watched the video before on frame replacement, but didn't know if it was okay to push the ends of the larger rods with the smaller diameter race rods. The center rod didn't want to move doing the bend and pull method, but maybe I'm just being overly cautious of breaking a ferrel or tearing the sail. I'm assuming they're the right length since they just came with the kite but will be sure to check before hand. Thanks again for the help!

Thanks! I'd watched the video before on frame replacement, but didn't know if it was okay to push the ends of the larger rods with the smaller diameter race rods. The center rod didn't want to move doing the bend and pull method, but maybe I'm just being overly cautious of breaking a ferrel or tearing the sail. I'm assuming they're the right length since they just came with the kite but will be sure to check before hand. Thanks again for the help!

Let me see if I can describe how to pull it out.

- Remove the SLE rod from one side.

- go to the other end, with the center SLE rod connected properly with the outer SLE rod, place other end of the rod on the floor.

- Press down slightly at about the point where the two rods connect.

- Pull the end of the rod slightly. You should notice that it pulls the center rod with it. If it is not pulling the center rod with it. Reconnect the rods and use more pressure until the center rod starts to move.

Now concerning the push method:

As far as using your smaller Race rod to push the SLE rod, I would be a bit hesitant about doing that. You could theoretically damage the Race Rod. Better is to use an "inexpensive" wood dowel.

There is a simple way of removing a rod from ANY sleeve: Grab the far end of the sleeve and push the near end towards the hand gripping the sleeve. The sleeve will crumple and the rod will come out the other end. Done!

Anything else is un-necessarily complicated.