New Masterpiece Series!

KiteLife

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

England and "Great Food"....two things that are rarely heard together!!!!!

I have an excellent book called "The Great Meals of England"

Its a 2 page pamphlet

:lol:

(hey, i have british ancestry, im allowed)

That being said, HP is one of the greatest sauces ever bottled.

"I have an excellent book called "The Great Meals of England"

Its a 2 page pamphlet

:lol:

(hey, i have british ancestry, im allowed)

That being said, HP is one of the greatest sauces ever bottled."

Seems you aint short of sauce neither... :P

Things are getting better...first edition would leave space on the back of a stamp.

You have a point Patrick. To a point.

But let us reflect on this culinary Mecca. American food. Can you name one that wasn't imported? :unsure:

The country that brought us the hot dogs , Mc Donalds, twinky bars and light(lite) beer and the great Hershey ear wax! ;):D:D

Does anyone enjoy a Wendys burger? Cheese should never come from a can!

Bazzer

OHHHH Bazzer. I know you travel this fine land to kite fests galore. Are you telling me you have never stopped to enjoy the many fine tastes that this great country has to offer?

The amazing flavors of the south....BBQ is amazing and has many different styles, flavors and preparations. All homegrown from what was available from the local land. It's an art, it's an addiction and it will give you a reason for lite beer. When stuffing oneself with perfectly smoked brisket drizzled with a succulent sauce accompanied by a myriad of side dishes...that light gold "water" with just a little kick seems to go well. (Have you ever heard of the yellow BBQ from the Carolinas? Mustard based instead of Tomato! Damn it's good)

How about true Chili Verde from New Mexico, Pastrami from New York....the real stuff? Have you ever bitten into a REAL Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich? Let's talk about Nebraska Beef.....Much better than Kobe and a lot less $$$$. How about New England Clam Chowder? The many amazing foods from the Southwest? (Flavors that cannot be imagined without first being experienced.) Let's talk about Soul Food from back east and down south. Sourdough bread from San Francisco? Chicago Style Pizza (yeah I know where you'll go with that one, but it is defintely an American rendition),

How about Tennessee Whiskey...OOPS...not really a food. Fried Chicken (of which the Colonel knows nothing about anymore), grits, chicken fried steak, sweet tea and fried pies? .......How about Creole food?

New York Cheesecake, blintzes, Waldorf Salad, potato pancakes, Delmonico Steak, Eggs Benedict, Vichysoisse, New York Egg Cream or a Steak Diane...how about the Rueben Sandwich. How about Chicken pot pie, Cole Slaw, apple butter, pickled beets......etc.

Or for now I'll just take a big ole bowl of Chili with a huge hunk of Cornbread. I'll pass on the lite beer for this one and get my self a nice cold Samuel Adams or maybe a Rolling Rock from back east.

That's the great thing about this country. As varied as the people that live here, the food of our country continues to grow and evolve. We like to try new things and blend flavors to create. So, bring what you got...it'll end up in a pizza, a salad, a sauce..???? And it will be good.

Now, I have to catch a plane over to London so I can check out another one of the many Original English Curry Rest. Or maybe get some fried fish and chips (french fries....pom frittes?)

Oh, and to end this .... let me bring up the one food that saved the first group of Englanders that came to our beautiful shores....Maizze....Corn. Have you ever had Indian Corn Pudding, REAL cornbread or Fritters....how about corn chips? HMMM?

Take care Baz. You live close to me. Let's go out to eat!!!!! :lol::lol: ! I know a few good places out here that I bet you've never been to.

P

Great reply P

Oh you know I travel Patrick.

You don't get this round without eating.

Not been down South yet! Only got as far as the Oregon boarder.

However love BBQ flavors

"Tennessee Whiskey" is in one of my favorite food groups. :blink:

All of that great sounding food is making me hungry.

Now you've got me thinking about Curry. The real national dish of England.

Going out for a Balti and having a nan bread as big as the table! sigh. :P

Talk soon

Bazzer :D

I now have a picture in my head of John B standing on a podium with fog surrounding his legs, arms crossed holding a set of rev handles...

-Alden

good alden ,, it would be a build off as john or GRANDMASTER B as we will call him slects the metreal and the 2 competetors will freestyle a quad line that will impress the judges . the metreal can be anything from plastic to rip stop and each flier wil have 60 seconds for his/her team to create a quad line that will fly the best . but it doesnt have to be just a quad it can be anything GRANDMASTER B chooses ;) and like the tasteing this will be the test fly after the battle.where 3 judges (monkey egan davis and antman lol) each judge will give their opion and choose the winner .. the iron kiter . or the challenger.. hows that ;)

I now have a picture in my head of John B standing on a podium with fog surrounding his legs, arms crossed holding a set of rev handles...

-Alden

I have a caption for this image!

"Just after Johns first Curry"

or "Toilet roll on standby in the fridge sir" a Krytie quote for all you Dwarfers.

Yorkshire Pud, I have a tear rolling down my face :(

Did you know that they don't do mince pies over here!!!!!!!

Wicked cheese cake though. As said by Skitch.

Bazzer

IRON KITE!

I'm going to quite hijacking this site on food and let it go back to the deserving masters of the Master Series........

AND,,,,take it over to Kitelines with an Idea for John B.

Check later and tell me what you think....

I'll start it with the title........IRON KITE!

To be continued.

P

Take note, Kite Lines is an out of print publication "reprinted" in PDF form on Kitelife, two separate entities. ;)

Ouch.....of course I meant Kitelife!!! Where else would we go for all areas of Kite talk?

Sorry JB.

P