Flying my Barresi at sunset in Malaysia

ramakristan

Collected my new Barresi and immediately went flying with my buddies in Malacca in the evening at sunset, winds was awesome and could not believed my eyes, the Barresi Rev kite is so easy to control, I am very glad I bought this Barresi.

Pictures here I want to share with other fliers.

post-727-1178543815_thumb.jpg

post-727-1178543856_thumb.jpg

post-727-1178543872_thumb.jpg

post-727-1178543887_thumb.jpg

post-727-1178543908_thumb.jpg

post-727-1178543940_thumb.jpg

post-727-1178543971_thumb.jpg

post-727-1178543989_thumb.jpg

post-727-1178544005_thumb.jpg

post-727-1178544023_thumb.jpg

I snagged a copy of one of the sunset shots to swap out with the IQUAD tulips shot (after a while).

Nice pictures and a nice kite!

-Alden

It brings back memories of my vacation on the Langkawi Islands of Malaysia. Absolutely beautiful sunsets.

http://home.arcor.de/johnnmitchell/3-Photo...sm_0800n-24.JPG

http://home.arcor.de/johnnmitchell/3-Photo...sm_0700n-26.JPG

http://home.arcor.de/johnnmitchell/3-Photo...sm_0500n-05.JPG

I looked and looked at these.. Can't find the kites :angry: Does this look like a sunset forum?

Of course I am just playing.

Glad you guys out there enjoyed the sunset pictures with Rev kites, can't helped laughing away, yes and no, it is more or less like a sunset forum, lol

Been to Langkawi Island 3 times and the sunset there is awesome, always bring my kites there to fly, have Rev to travel wherever I go.

I looked and looked at these.. Can't find the kites :angry: Does this look like a sunset forum?

Actually I had 2 of the first series of 1.5's with me, vented and normal. Unfortunately there was not any wind that day and I did not have any SUL rods with me.

Of course I am just playing.

Okay, how about these sunset Rev 1.5(not a Bee) photos from Southern California in January? It was cold and quite windy.

http://home.arcor.de/johnnmitchell/sm_DSCN1202_wm.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/johnnmitchell/sm_DSCN1209_wm.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/johnnmitchell/sm_DSCN1211_wm.jpg

Glad you guys out there enjoyed the sunset pictures with Rev kites, can't helped laughing away, yes and no, it is more or less like a sunset forum, lol

Been to Langkawi Island 3 times and the sunset there is awesome, always bring my kites there to fly, have Rev to travel wherever I go.

You got there. I have only been to Langkawi twice. Once for 2 days and the last time for 2 weeks. I always had a REV with me.

I agree that the sunsets are awesome. I had two cameras setup every evening at the beach bar waiting for the very short sunsets.

Actually I had 2 of the first series of 1.5's with me, vented and normal. Unfortunately there was not any wind that day and I did not have any SUL rods with me.

Okay, how about these sunset Rev 1.5(not a Bee) photos from Southern California in January? It was cold and quite windy.

http://home.arcor.de/johnnmitchell/sm_DSCN1202_wm.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/johnnmitchell/sm_DSCN1209_wm.jpg

http://home.arcor.de/johnnmitchell/sm_DSCN1211_wm.jpg

Now were talking! You even found some with R/W/B Revs, which are my personal favorites.

Thanks.

Hi,

Posted my sunset flying pictures to the gallery with a full screen view, please feel to use whatever you want, be it wallpapers, work or personal.

When I tried my 1st posting of picture, nothing came out in the gallery and thought I lost it but did not know it had to be submitted, and later only came out.

That is why I post it here, my apology for being new here.

Cheers,

chris

Collected my new Barresi and immediately went flying with my buddies in Malacca in the evening at sunset, winds was awesome and could not believed my eyes, the Barresi Rev kite is so easy to control, I am very glad I bought this Barresi.

Pictures here I want to share with other fliers.

Those are awesome pics! What a sunset!

John M.

Ive got a REV1 standerd.

Can you please tell me the wind speeds your REV1 vented flys in.

And how does it handle compared to a 1.5 unvented.

With the vents, i would imagine it flys in the same wind range as a standerd 1.5.

But i might be wrong.

Regards.

Derek.

PS- sorry for butting in on your thread ramakristan.

John M.

Ive got a REV1 standerd.

Can you please tell me the wind speeds your REV1 vented flys in.

And how does it handle compared to a 1.5 unvented.

With the vents, i would imagine it flys in the same wind range as a standerd 1.5.

But i might be wrong.

Regards.

Derek.

PS- sorry for butting in on your thread ramakristan.

My only vented REV I from Revolution is from 1996. I never pushed it to its upper limits as I had used then, my self made super vented REV I that I built before REV ever came out with a vented REV. I had flown in 8.6 Bf (close 50 MPH) with it and it still was not pulling me much more then the wind was pushing me. I never flew one of the later REV I vented s. I would guess that it would start to really pull at around 40MPH with 4 wrap rods. When something would break, whether it is you, the rods or the sail, would probably be closer to 60 MPH. The danger would most likely be a strong gust of wind, that would probably rip a seam in the sail somewhere before it rips the material a rod or you.

Personally I prefer a REV 1.5 vented over the REV I vented. It does maneuver much quicker. However, the precision I think still lies in the REV I vented, when it has enough wind.

Sorry, I can not give you a more precise answer to your question.

Another addition to the sunset forum. Hey John, maybe there should be a separate area in the gallery for some of these.

Another outstanding pic! I need to figure out how to take a picture and fly at the same time. I guess I will have to either hold the handle with my teeth or my camera in my mouth while clicking it with my tongue. I’ve seen video of you big boys flying with one hand but I have no idea how to do that. Gee I am on the east coast so I need to get up before dawn and do a sunrise. Mmmm I think I will just look at your great shots for now. Thanks for posting them. ;)

Another addition to the sunset forum. Hey John, maybe there should be a separate area in the gallery for some of these.

Hi Hoath,

That is a beautiful sunset picture of your B series, love the colour change when the sun shine thru' the sail of the kite, awesome ........ !!!

Hopefully, more fliers put up more pictures flying in sunset, come on guys out there, don't just keep to yourself, show it out, we love to see them.

Revolution Rocks !!!

• 2 weeks later...
man there are a few of us here who have wives that would kill us for buying to many kites... well now i know im not alone ;)

Hi antman,

Now I know I am not alone in this world who shares the same fate with me.

In order to get out of the fix, I always tell my darling wife, I do not smoke, I do not drink and I do not womanise, with these 3 bad factors, I have already save quite an amount of money, now what is wrong buying a Rev kite or 2 to spend time in the open enjoying the fresh air and winds blowing with my family and friends, at the same time, exercising my body.

Hahahahha, always work for me, might work for you all too.

Cheers,

chris

Another way to justify is to mention that you don't golf. I equalize buying a new kite to several rounds of golf. "Gee, honey, this only cost the same as four rounds of golf!" Last night I was mentioning to my wife that I was having a conversation with someone and menioned that I had 17 Rev's. She said "SEVENTEEN! I had no idea that you had that many." The golf thing didn't work for that one.....

Later, Doug

Another way to justify is to mention that you don't golf. I equalize buying a new kite to several rounds of golf. "Gee, honey, this only cost the same as four rounds of golf!" Last night I was mentioning to my wife that I was having a conversation with someone and menioned that I had 17 Rev's. She said "SEVENTEEN! I had no idea that you had that many." The golf thing didn't work for that one.....

Later, Doug

I do both :wub::P . Could be why I don't have a wife! :lol: I can tell your wife that a good driver can cost over $500.00. (Ooooo masterpiece time) When that runs out a new set of irons is around $1,500.00 Putter $150.00. When that runs out you have hybrids, wedges, balls,bag,etc. I could go on but when it is all done. It's time to upgrade, or something new comes out.Sounds familiar doesn't it. :blink: