my find on craigslist! shhhhhhhh

temoniprince

Hey guys

sometimes you never know what your going to get! searching craigslist found me this! a brand spanking new never flown or seen air pink and black rev 1.... cost me $70 came with lines handles and org rev1 booklet and sleeve..... If you ask me i think i did good lol hehe

btw those rods are heavy how is this a low wind kite lol

post-2309-126902931898_thumb.jpg

post-2309-126902932646_thumb.jpg

post-2309-126902937414_thumb.jpg

Very nice!!!

I was given one with the same color scheme about a year ago, brand new with a minor hole in the sail near a tip. Mine was 1992 or later. For mine, the pink is more raspberry.

Yours looks like a pre-1992 version. The reason I say this is, I do believe I see swivels on the bridle. Is that true?

Are the end caps plastic or metal with rubber caps over them?

Does it have stainless steel outer ferrules for the rods or inner ferrules for the rods?

Does it have "Patent Pending" or a patent number on the sail?

Hey guys thx

John they are metal inside and rubber on the top of them. the rods have metal ferrels on the outside. It says patent pending on it i dotn see anything else. The bridle has metal swivels on them!

Do i have something good! the guy told me he got it in about 1989 when theyf irst came out bc they looked cool and never took it out after that lol.

Hey guys thx

John they are metal inside and rubber on the top of them. the rods have metal ferrels on the outside. It says patent pending on it i dotn see anything else. The bridle has metal swivels on them!

Do i have something good! the guy told me he got it in about 1989 when theyf irst came out bc they looked cool and never took it out after that lol.

Hey Sammy,

I would be interested to know if the mesh is in good condition.

Thanks

Felix

Hey Felix

Brand new WHY!

Degradation of the mesh is maybe only by use which could be very good news. I have some sails that have disintegrated due to exposure to UV or daylight, not use, and have worried about the mesh. Then again that sail looks like it has not been subjected to daylight either.

Felix

PS Still amazed at the longevity of the product...

Awesome "GET" Sammy!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks Sweet!!!!!!!!

You do know it has 4 lines, right???? Have you ever flown anything like that before?????:kid_loved::innocent::devil::w00t::lol::P

4 line??????? WTF! please dont tell me that! please! I thought it was a banner..... can you show me how to fly rich pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Degradation of the mesh is maybe only by use which could be very good news. I have some sails that have disintegrated due to exposure to UV or daylight, not use, and have worried about the mesh. Then again that sail looks like it has not been subjected to daylight either.

Felix

PS Still amazed at the longevity of the product...

Oh yeh its brand spanking new only crease was in the fold looks like and then rolled. The mesh looks like no other. I have seen this color on soemone elses rev1 and its very differ this is more hot pink. well to my color blindness eyes lol.

Hey guys thx

John they are metal inside and rubber on the top of them. the rods have metal ferrules on the outside. It says patent pending on it i dotn see anything else. The bridle has metal swivels on them!

Do i have something good! the guy told me he got it in about 1989 when they first came out bc they looked cool and never took it out after that lol.

I can believe as early as 1989 to as late as early 1991. I believe what guy told you is correct.

You should also have a wood handle for the lines which has a wide elastic black band with two snaps that wraps around the lines to hold them in place. The lines should have clips on both ends.

If you look under the two black Dacron pieces wrapping over the leading edge. You will notice that the yellow Kevlar protection is missing. First look carefully at a newer REV so you know where to look. It is not easy to see.

If I recall correctly, the bag is black.

Was the foam on the handles blue or black? There were a number made with blue grips due to an availability problem for black foam grips.

These early ones were made at the Hadzicki home by the whole family. Each had there a job on each rev. I am trying to remember what Mom Hadzicki told me a while back. I think Lolly was sewing. Her dad I think made the handles or was it the bridle. I think Mom was also sewing.

Their mom is as sweet as they come.

I can believe as early as 1989 to as late as early 1991. I believe what guy told you is correct.

You should also have a wood handle for the lines which has a wide elastic black band with two snaps that wraps around the lines to hold them in place. The lines should have clips on both ends.

If you look under the two black Dacron pieces wrapping over the leading edge. You will notice that the yellow Kevlar protection is missing. First look carefully at a newer REV so you know where to look. It is not easy to see.

If I recall correctly, the bag is black.

Was the foam on the handles blue or black? There were a number made with blue grips due to an availability problem for black foam grips.

These early ones were made at the Hadzicki home by the whole family. Each had there a job on each rev. I am trying to remember what Mom Hadzicki told me a while back. I think Lolly was sewing. Her dad I think made the handles or was it the bridle. I think Mom was also sewing.

Their mom is as sweet as they come.

Absolutely love the historical references you provide John. Keep em coming!

SWEET find Sammy. I have a Black Yellow one. Has had the heck flwn out of it though. Long rip in the mesh.

Oh and dont forget, just cuz it is bigger will not mean it ia a light wind kite. Flys different from a 1.5, due to the shallow cutout in the middle it sort of feels more like 2 wings.

Also, about the only thing John didnt mention, if it is as it came from Rev, the top and bottom lines will be different lengths.

If you have all he bits, with wood winder etc, I would leave it all as it is, I altered the bridle, gave away the winder, changed the lines and took all the clips off mine. wish I hadnt, even theough the kite is WELL worn.

You have a piece of History there, well done. Hope you enjoy it.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys

sometimes you never know what your going to get! searching craigslist found me this! a brand spanking new never flown or seen air pink and black rev 1.... cost me $70 came with lines handles and org rev1 booklet and sleeve..... If you ask me i think i did good lol hehe

btw those rods are heavy how is this a low wind kite lol

Just picked a brand new Rev 1.5 with handles and lines still in the box for $80 today. What a steal !!!!

post-3371-127579481831_thumb.jpg

Just picked a brand new Rev 1.5 with handles and lines still in the box for $80 today. What a steal !!!!

Looks like a real rev and looks like a real steal.

That we would be a pre 2004 model. I have the same in the same color scheme. It is one of my favorites.

Looks like a real rev and looks like a real steal.

That we would be a Prue 2004 model. I have the same in the same color scheme. It is one of my favorites.

John, I flew with a guy up on Jockey's Ridge, in Nags Head, NC, last week, that had the very same kite, same color, and everything. He said he bought it brand new, back in '89 or '90, when they first came out. I noticed that his lines had metal clips on the ends, and I thought that someone had changed something. I'm kinda new at this Rev stuff, so I didn't know that they ever had metal clips, on any of the linesets. Thanks for the history lesson, and yes, please continue to keep us all informed, and reminded of how our passion for Revs has evolved through the years....................thank you

John, I flew with a guy up on Jockey's Ridge, in Nags Head, NC, last week, that had the very same kite, same color, and everything. He said he bought it brand new, back in '89 or '90, when they first came out. I noticed that his lines had metal clips on the ends, and I thought that someone had changed something. I'm kinda new at this Rev stuff, so I didn't know that they ever had metal clips, on any of the linesets. Thanks for the history lesson, and yes, please continue to keep us all informed, and reminded of how our passion for Revs has evolved through the years....................thank you

May I presume you are referring to the REV I and not the REV 1.5?